Compatible Devices and Applications
The Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU4M= 4M 10Gbase-cu SFP+ Twinax Passive Copper Cable is a 4-meter long direct attach copper cable (DAC) that provides a high-speed, low-latency, and cost-effective solution for 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity.
This cable is compatible with a wide range of Cisco networking devices that support 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. Some of the compatible devices for this cable include:
- Cisco Nexus series switches such as Nexus 9000, 7000, 5000, and 3000
- Cisco Catalyst series switches such as Catalyst 4500-X, 3850, 3750-X, and 2960-X
- Cisco UCS series servers and adapters such as UCS B-Series Blade Servers and UCS C-Series Rack Servers
- Cisco MDS series switches such as MDS 9148S and 9396S
- Cisco ASR series routers such as ASR 1000, ASR 9000, and ASR 920
Moreover, the Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU4M= cable is compatible with various networking applications that support 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. These applications include:
- Data center networking: The cable can be used for interconnecting servers, storage devices, and switches in data center environments.
- High-performance computing: The cable can be used for connecting high-performance computing clusters, which require high-speed and low-latency connectivity.
- Cloud computing: The cable can be used for connecting cloud servers, which require high-speed connectivity to handle large amounts of data.
- Storage networking: The cable can be used for connecting storage devices such as disk arrays and tape libraries, which require high-speed connectivity for data transfer.
- Video streaming and broadcasting: The cable can be used for transmitting high-definition video content over the network.
Power Consumption & Environmental Specifications
The Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU4M= is a 4-meter 10Gbase-cu SFP+ twinax passive copper cable designed for high-speed data transmission between switches, routers, servers, and other networking equipment. As a passive copper cable, it does not require power to operate, which means it does not consume any power.
In terms of environmental specifications, the Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU4M= cable is designed to operate in a temperature range of 0°C to 70°C (32°F to 158°F) and a humidity range of 10% to 90% non-condensing. It is also compliant with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) directive, which means it contains no hazardous materials.
The Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU4M= cable is compatible with a wide range of Cisco networking equipment and is designed to provide reliable high-speed connectivity with minimal signal loss. It is an ideal choice for data center and enterprise networking applications that require high bandwidth, low latency, and low power consumption.
Network Topologies Supported
The Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU4M= 4M 10Gbase-cu SFP+ Twinax Passive Copper Cable can support various network topologies that use 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. Some of the common network topologies that are compatible with this cable include:
- Point-to-Point Topology: This topology involves connecting two networking devices directly using the Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU4M= cable. For example, you can use this cable to connect two switches in a data center environment.
- Star Topology: This topology involves connecting multiple networking devices to a central switch or hub. The Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU4M= cable can be used to connect servers, storage devices, and other networking devices to a central switch.
- Mesh Topology: This topology involves connecting networking devices to each other in a non-linear pattern. The Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU4M= cable can be used to connect multiple switches in a mesh topology, which provides redundancy and high availability.
- Ring Topology: This topology involves connecting networking devices in a circular pattern. The Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU4M= cable can be used to connect switches in a ring topology, which provides redundancy and fault tolerance.
In addition to these network topologies, the Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU4M= cable can also be used in various network architectures such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), and storage area networks (SANs).
General Information about this Cisco SFP-H10GB-CU4M=
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# SFP-H10GB-CU4M=
- Product Type: Network Cable
- Cable Type: Twinaxial
Technical Information of Cisco Network Cable
- Connector Type on First End: SFP+ Network
- Connector Type on Second End: SFP+ Network
- Cable Length: 13.12 feet
- American Wire Gauge: 30 AWG
- Jacket Material: Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Connector on First End Details: 1 x SFP+ Network
- Connector on Second End Details: 1 x SFP+ Network
- Features: Passive
- Data Transfer Rate: 10 Gbit/s
- Device Supported: Network Device
About New Bulk Pack Products
Cables - Copper Cable
Coper cables still remain the most popular option in high voltage and low voltage applications such as networking. Despite the disadvantages, such as electromagnetic interference, copper still offers a cost-effective solution for many applications.
How does Copper Cable Transmit Data?
It is a simple process that starts by energizing one side of a copper wire to set electrons in it in motion. The electrons travel to the other end of the wire with the signal information. Since movement is involved, you can expect the electrons to lose their energy and eventually stop moving if the cable is very long. The loss of electron energy leads to a reduction in signal strength. When the electrons stop moving before reaching the other end of the copper wire, a total signal loss occurs. In long-distance data transmission, boosters are placed at an appropriate location to re-energize the electrons. That is usually not a problem of concern when wiring your server because of the short distance involved.
Does Length of Copper Cables Matter?
Yes, it does. As already mentioned, there is a degradation of signals as they move through the copper conductor due to losses. Copper wires have an internal resistance that will oppose the movement of current through them. Data moves through these copper cables as a stream of or pulses of current. The longer the wire, the higher the resistance and more likely signal strength deterioration. Think of it as walking uphill. The further you go, the more tired you become, and you may eventually stop moving.
When you are shopping for copper cables, just make sure you get an appropriate wire length for the application. Do not use a 10-meter cable where you can use a 5-meter cable. You make your system more efficient by using the best cable for the application.
Copper Cables for Every Application
You might have been made to believe that all copper cables are the same. That is not true. Manufacturers of these cables do so with specific applications in mind. A different approach is followed for applications where data rate and bandwidth are a priority. That is why you will find InfiniBand copper cables intended for such applications. Also, the connectors at the end of the copper wires show the intended use. You will find a big difference in the connectors used by IBM's RIO-2 copper cable and HP's X240 direct attach cable.When you are shopping for a copper cable, know what you intend to use it for. If you are not sure, consult with the sales representatives for any help. At ALLHDD, we have a technical team to help you solve any mystery in cable selection. Just contact us for the support you are entitled to get. We will help you to choose the best products and deliver them on time.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.