Maintenance and Care for SFP-H25G-CU2M= Cable
Proper maintenance of the SFP-H25G-CU2M= Cisco 25GBASE SFP28 2M Passive Copper Cable is important to ensure its longevity and reliable performance. Here are some tips for maintaining the cable:
- Regularly inspect the cable for any visible damage, kinks, or twists that may affect its performance. If you notice any damage, replace the cable immediately.
- Keep the cable away from sharp edges or abrasive materials that can cause cuts or abrasions on the cable jacket.
- Ensure that the cable is not excessively bent or twisted during installation, as this can damage the cable or interfere with signal quality.
- Keep the cable away from sources of electromagnetic interference (EMI), such as motors, transformers, or power cables, as this can affect signal quality.
- Use a soft cloth to clean the cable connectors, but avoid using any liquids or solvents as this can damage the cable.
- Store the cable in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat sources when not in use.
- Ensure that the cable is compatible with the devices being connected and that it is used within the recommended length limits.
- Follow the manufacturer's recommendations for maintenance and care of the cable.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your SFP-H25G-CU2M= Cisco 25GBASE SFP28 2M Passive Copper Cable continues to perform reliably and provides high-speed connectivity for your network.
Benefits of Using SFP-H25G-CU2M= Cable
The SFP-H25G-CU2M= Cisco 25GBASE SFP28 2M Passive Copper Cable offers a number of benefits, including:
- High-Speed Data Transfer: This cable supports high-speed data transfer of up to 25Gbps, which makes it ideal for use in high-performance networking environments.
- Cost-Effective: Passive copper cables are typically more cost-effective than fiber optic cables, and the SFP-H25G-CU2M= cable is no exception. It provides a cost-effective solution for high-speed networking applications.
- Low Power Consumption: The passive design of this cable means that it consumes very little power, making it an energy-efficient option for data centers and other high-performance computing environments.
- Plug-and-Play Installation: The SFP-H25G-CU2M= cable is easy to install and use. Simply plug it into the appropriate ports on your networking devices and you're ready to go.
- Longevity: Passive copper cables are typically more durable than fiber optic cables, and the SFP-H25G-CU2M= cable is no exception. It is built to last, which means you'll get a lot of use out of it.
- Wide Compatibility: This cable is compatible with a wide range of networking devices, including switches, routers, and servers. It can be used in a variety of applications, making it a versatile option for high-speed networking.
- Low Latency: The SFP-H25G-CU2M= cable provides low latency, which means that data can be transmitted quickly and efficiently. This is especially important in high-performance computing environments where speed is critical.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
Here are some common issues that may arise with the SFP-H25G-CU2M= Cisco 25GBASE SFP28 2M Passive Copper Cable and their possible troubleshooting steps:
- Cable not working - If the cable is not working, ensure that it is properly connected to both the devices. Check if the cable is damaged, and if so, replace it with a new one. Ensure that the cable is compatible with the devices being connected.
- Poor signal quality - Check the cable for any visible damage, kinks, or twists that may be causing poor signal quality. Ensure that the cable length does not exceed the recommended limit. Also, check the devices connected to the cable to ensure that they are functioning properly.
- Cable not being detected - If the cable is not being detected, ensure that the cable is properly connected to both the devices. Check the device settings to ensure that the cable is enabled. If the issue persists, try using a different cable or connecting the devices with a different method.
- Slow data transfer speed - Check the cable for any visible damage or interference. Ensure that the cable length does not exceed the recommended limit. Check the devices connected to the cable to ensure that they are functioning properly. You can also try updating the device drivers or firmware.
- Overheating - If the cable is overheating, ensure that the devices are properly ventilated and not placed in a hot environment. Check for any obstructions that may be blocking airflow to the devices. Also, ensure that the devices are not overloaded and are operating within their recommended capacity.
If the above troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, you may need to seek technical assistance from a professional or contact Cisco customer support.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number: SFP-H25G-CU2M=
- Brand Name: Cisco
- Product Type: Network Cable
- Product Name: 2M 25GBASE-CU SFP28 Cable
- Cable Type: SFP28
- Cable Length: 6.56 ft
- Features: Passive
- Connector on First End: 1 x SFP28 Male Network
- Connector on Second End: 1 x SFP28 Male Network
- Data Transfer Rate: 25 Gbit/s
- Device Supported: Network Device
- Device Supported: Switch
About Refurbished Products
Cables - Copper Cable
Coper cables still remain the most popular option in high voltage and low voltage applications such as networking. Despite the disadvantages, such as electromagnetic interference, copper still offers a cost-effective solution for many applications.
How does Copper Cable Transmit Data?
It is a simple process that starts by energizing one side of a copper wire to set electrons in it in motion. The electrons travel to the other end of the wire with the signal information. Since movement is involved, you can expect the electrons to lose their energy and eventually stop moving if the cable is very long. The loss of electron energy leads to a reduction in signal strength. When the electrons stop moving before reaching the other end of the copper wire, a total signal loss occurs. In long-distance data transmission, boosters are placed at an appropriate location to re-energize the electrons. That is usually not a problem of concern when wiring your server because of the short distance involved.
Does Length of Copper Cables Matter?
Yes, it does. As already mentioned, there is a degradation of signals as they move through the copper conductor due to losses. Copper wires have an internal resistance that will oppose the movement of current through them. Data moves through these copper cables as a stream of or pulses of current. The longer the wire, the higher the resistance and more likely signal strength deterioration. Think of it as walking uphill. The further you go, the more tired you become, and you may eventually stop moving.
When you are shopping for copper cables, just make sure you get an appropriate wire length for the application. Do not use a 10-meter cable where you can use a 5-meter cable. You make your system more efficient by using the best cable for the application.
Copper Cables for Every Application
You might have been made to believe that all copper cables are the same. That is not true. Manufacturers of these cables do so with specific applications in mind. A different approach is followed for applications where data rate and bandwidth are a priority. That is why you will find InfiniBand copper cables intended for such applications. Also, the connectors at the end of the copper wires show the intended use. You will find a big difference in the connectors used by IBM's RIO-2 copper cable and HP's X240 direct attach cable.When you are shopping for a copper cable, know what you intend to use it for. If you are not sure, consult with the sales representatives for any help. At ALLHDD, we have a technical team to help you solve any mystery in cable selection. Just contact us for the support you are entitled to get. We will help you to choose the best products and deliver them on time.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product SFP-H25G-CU2M= at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.