High-Performance of Layer 2 Switch
The Cisco SG220-50P-K9 is a 50-port Layer 2 Ethernet switch from the Cisco 220 Series. It is a high-performance switch that is designed for small and medium-sized businesses, as well as for branch offices. It provides advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS), VLANs, and security. It also has energy-efficient technology and a compact design, making it easy to deploy and manage. Additionally, it supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) which allows devices to receive power through the Ethernet cable, eliminating the need for an external power supply.
Benefits of Ethernet Switch
The Cisco SG220-50P-K9 is a 50-port Ethernet switch from the Cisco 220 Series. It offers a variety of benefits and features that make it well-suited for small and medium-sized businesses, as well as for branch offices.
Some of the key benefits of this switch include:
- High performance: The switch is designed to provide high-speed connectivity for a wide range of devices, ensuring that your network runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Advanced features: This switch offers advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS) to prioritize traffic, VLANs to segment network traffic, and security features to protect against network threats.
- Energy-efficient technology: The switch is designed to reduce power consumption, helping to keep your energy costs down.
- Easy to deploy and manage: The switch has a compact design and is easy to set up and manage, making it a great choice for small and medium-sized businesses.
The Cisco SG220-50P-K9 is a 50-port Ethernet switch from the Cisco 220 Series. It is designed to be a reliable network solution for small and medium-sized businesses and branch offices.
One way in which the switch provides reliability is through its support for Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), which help to ensure that if one link or one port fails, traffic can still be sent and received over another link or another port.
Additionally, the switch also has a feature called Loop guard, BPDU guard and root guard which are designed to detect and prevent loops in the network, which can cause network instability and outages.
The switch also has a built-in monitoring and diagnostic features that allow network administrators to quickly identify and troubleshoot any problems with the switch. It also has a web-based management interface, which makes it easy to configure and manage the switch remotely.
General Information about this Cisco SG220-50P-K9
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# SG220-50P-K9
- Product Line: Smart Plus
- Product Series: 220
- Product Model: SG220-50P
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for Layer 2 Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 50
- Token Ring Port: No
- LRE Port: No
- Uplink Port: Yes
- Modular: Yes
- USB: No
- Number of PoE+ (RJ-45) Ports: 48
- Stack Port: No
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 2
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 50 x Gigabit Ethernet Network, 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
I/O Expansions of 50 Ports Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 2
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP
- Shared SFP Slot: Yes
- Number of SFP Slots: 2
Media & Performance
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair, Optical Fiber
- Twisted Pair Cable Standard: Category 5
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T, 1000Base-X
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 2
Management & Protocols
- Manageable: Yes
- SNMP 1, 2c, 3
- Remote Management
- Web Based Managmement
- MAC Address Table Size: 8192 entries
- Jumbo Frame Support: 9216 bytes
- Remote Management Protocol: SNMP 1, RMON 1, RMON 2, RMON 3, RMON 9, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, HTTP, HTTPS, TFTP, CLI
- Authentication Method: RADIUS, TACACS+
- Flow control, layer 2 switching, BOOTP support, VLAN support, IGMP snooping, Syslog support, DoS attack prevention, port mirroring, DiffServ support, Weighted Round Robin (WRR) queuing, MAC address filtering, Broadcast Storm Control, IPv6 support, Multicast Storm Control, Unicast Storm Control, firmware upgradable, SNTP support, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) support, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) support, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), MLD snooping, reset button, LLDP support, DHCP relay, DHCP client, Energy Efficient Ethernet, 12MB packet buffer, Generic Attribute Registration Protocol (GARP), Generic VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP), Type of Service (ToS), 4 fans
- Standard Memory: 128 MB
- Flash Memory: 32 MB
- MTBF: 194036 Hours
- PoE (RJ-45) Port: No
- Power Source: Power Supply
- Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE): PoE+
- PoE Budget: 375 W
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 122 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 10 - 90% (non-condensing)
- Min Storage Temperature: -4 °F
- Max Storage Temperature: 158 °F
- Humidity Range Storage: 10 - 90% (non-condensing)
Dimensions & Weight
- Form Factor: Desktop, Rack-mountable
- Height: 1.7 Inch
- Width: 17.3 Inch
- Depth: 13.8 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 11.64 Lbs
- Package Contents-
- SG220-50P Ethernet Switch
- Power Cord
- Mounting Kit
- Console Cable
- CD-ROM with User Documentation (PDF)
- Quick Start Guide
- IEEE Standards-
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product SG220-50P-K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.