Quality and Reliability
The Cisco SG250-08-K9 is a compact, 8-port gigabit Ethernet switch that is designed for small businesses. It is a Layer 3 managed switch that offers a range of features and capabilities. Here are some key points about the quality and reliability of this switch:
- Build quality: The SG250-08-K9 switch is built with high-quality components and has a durable metal housing that can withstand tough environments. It also has a fanless design, which makes it silent and suitable for noise-sensitive environments.
- Performance: The SG250-08-K9 switch offers high-speed data transfer rates of up to 1 Gbps per port, with a total switching capacity of up to 16 Gbps. It also supports advanced features such as Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP), Virtual LANs (VLANs), Quality of Service (QoS), and more.
- Reliability: The SG250-08-K9 switch is designed to be highly reliable, with features such as cable diagnostics, loop detection, and storm control to help prevent network downtime. It also supports redundancy features such as Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) to ensure network stability.
- Security: The SG250-08-K9 switch offers advanced security features such as port security, DHCP snooping, and access control lists (ACLs) to help protect your network from unauthorized access or attacks.
- Management: The SG250-08-K9 switch can be managed through a variety of methods, including a web-based graphical user interface (GUI), Command-Line Interface (CLI), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), and more. It also supports Cisco Smart Network Application (SNA) for easy deployment and management.
To maximize the efficiency of the Cisco SG250-08-K9 switch, there are several steps you can take:
- Enable Quality of Service (QoS): QoS allows you to prioritize network traffic and ensure that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth. Use the switch's QoS settings to configure different levels of service for different types of traffic.
- Implement VLANs: Virtual LANs (VLANs) can be used to segment your network into smaller, more manageable sub-networks. This can improve network performance and security. Use the switch's VLAN settings to create VLANs and assign switch ports to specific VLANs.
- Enable Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): LACP allows you to combine multiple switch ports into a single logical port. This can increase bandwidth and provide redundancy in case of a port failure. Use the switch's LACP settings to configure link aggregation.
- Monitor network performance: Use the switch's performance monitoring tools to keep track of network performance and identify potential bottlenecks. The switch supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) for network monitoring.
- Update firmware: Keep the switch's firmware up-to-date to ensure security and performance. Check for firmware updates on the Cisco website and download and install updates as needed.
- Configure security settings: Use the switch's security settings to protect your network from unauthorized access or attacks. Configure port security, access control lists (ACLs), and other security features as needed.
- Use management tools: Use the switch's web-based graphical user interface (GUI), Command-Line Interface (CLI), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), and Cisco Smart Network Application (SNA) to manage and configure the switch as needed.
Connectivity and Expansion
The Cisco SG250-08-K9 switch is designed to provide connectivity and expansion options for small businesses. Here are some key points about the connectivity and expansion capabilities of this switch:
- Port configuration: The SG250-08-K9 switch features 8 gigabit Ethernet ports, all of which are capable of providing PoE (Power over Ethernet) to connected devices. This allows you to power devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras directly from the switch.
- Expansion options: The SG250-08-K9 switch supports several expansion options, including Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) for combining multiple switch ports into a single logical port, and Virtual LANs (VLANs) for segmenting your network into smaller, more manageable sub-networks.
- Management interfaces: The SG250-08-K9 switch can be managed through a variety of interfaces, including a web-based graphical user interface (GUI), Command-Line Interface (CLI), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), and Cisco Smart Network Application (SNA). This allows you to configure and manage the switch according to your needs and preferences.
- Redundancy features: The SG250-08-K9 switch supports redundancy features such as Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) to ensure network stability and prevent loops in the network.
- PoE budget: The SG250-08-K9 switch has a maximum PoE budget of 62 watts, which allows you to power multiple devices simultaneously. However, it's important to ensure that the total power consumption of connected devices does not exceed the switch's PoE budget.
Detail Features about Cisco SG250-08-K9
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# SG250-08-K9
- Product Series: 250
- Product Model: SG250-08
- Product Name: SG250-08 8-Port Gigabit Smart Switch
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports of Smart Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 8
- Uplink Port: Yes
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 8 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
Media & Performance of Gigabit Ethernet Switch 250 Series
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 1000Base-X
Network & Communication of 8 Ports Switch
- Layer Supported: 2
- Management & Protocols
- Manageable: Yes
- Input Voltage: 110 V AC
- Input Voltage: 220 V AC
- Power Source: Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Supported: No
Weight & Dimensions of L3 Managed Switch
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
- Height: 1.2 Inch
- Width: 6.3 Inch
- Depth: 5 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 1.19 LBS
- Package Contents:
- SG250-08 8-Port Gigabit Smart Switch
- Power Cord
- Mounting Kit
- Quick Start Guide
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.