Main Specifications of Switch
The Cisco SG500X-48MP-K9-NA is a Layer 3 switch that offers a range of specifications to enhance the performance and reliability of your network. Some key specifications of this switch include:
- Ports: The switch has 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 4 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports, and 2 combo mini-GBIC ports for connecting various devices and network segments.
- Switching capacity: The switch can handle up to 176 Gbps of switching capacity, allowing it to handle large amounts of data traffic and support high-bandwidth applications.
- Memory: The switch has 4GB of flash memory and 512MB of DRAM memory, which is used to store the switch's operating system and configuration files.
- Power supply: The switch supports redundant power supply options, including an internal power supply and an optional redundant power supply unit.
- Dimensions: The switch has a compact 1RU form factor and its dimensions are 44.5 x 43.9 x 4.4 cm.
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE): The switch supports EEE that can help you save energy by detecting the amount of traffic on the network and reducing power to inactive ports.
- Operating temperature : The switch has an operating temperature range of 0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F)
- Operating humidity: The switch has an operating humidity range of 10 to 90% noncondensing
- MTBF : The switch has a mean time between failures (MTBF) of 246,827 hours.
Benefits and Features
The Cisco SG500X-48MP-K9-NA is a Layer 3 switch that offers a range of benefits and features to enhance the performance and reliability of your network. Some key benefits and features of this switch include:
- High performance: With 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, 4 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports, and 2 combo mini-GBIC ports, This product can handle high-bandwidth applications and large amounts of data traffic.
- Advanced security: The switch supports advanced security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs), Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), and Network Admission Control (NAC) to help protect your network from unauthorized access and threats.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch allows you to prioritize different types of network traffic, such as voice, video, and data, to ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- Easy management: The switch includes a web-based interface and Cisco Smartports for easy configuration and management, allowing you to quickly set up and troubleshoot your network.
- High availability: The switch supports features such as Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) to help ensure that your network remains up and running in case of a network failure.
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE): The switch can help you save energy by detecting the amount of traffic on the network and reducing power to inactive ports.
Remote Management Protocol
The SG500X-48MP-K9-NA Small Business SG500X-48MP 48-Ports Switch supports several remote management protocols which include:
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): This is a standard protocol for managing and monitoring network devices, it allows administrators to remotely monitor and configure the switch and receive notifications for events such as network failures.
- Telnet: Telnet is a remote access protocol that allows administrators to remotely access the command-line interface of the switch, configure and manage the switch.
- Secure Shell (SSH): SSH is a secure version of Telnet, which encrypts all data exchanged between the administrator and the switch, providing secure remote access to the switch.
- Web Management: The switch also supports web management which allows administrators to remotely access the web interface of the switch and configure and manage the switch.
All of these protocols provide secure and easy way for remote management, it's depend on your network infrastructure and requirement to choose which protocol to use.
Main Specifications about this Cisco SG500X-48MP-K9-NA
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# SG500X-48MP-K9-NA
- Product Series: 500
- Product Type: Layer 3 Switch
Interfaces / Ports for SFP Layer 3 Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 48
- Token Ring Port: No
- LRE Port: No
- Bypass: No
- Modular: No
- Management Port: Yes
- USB: No
- Number of PoE+ (RJ-45) Ports: 48
- Stack Port: Yes
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 48 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 4 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Performance for Manageable Switch
- Compatible Rack Unit: 1U
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
- Form Factor: Desktop
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Twisted Pair Cable Standard Category 5
- Ethernet Technology: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Network Technology: 10GBase-X
- MTBF: 307978 Hour
I/O Expansions of Layer 3 Ethernet Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 4
- Expansion Slot Type SFP+
- Shared SFP Slot Yes
- Number of SFP+ Slots: 4
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 122 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 10 - 90% (non-condensing)
- Min Storage Temperature: -4 °F
- Max Storage Temperature: 158 °F
- Humidity Range Storage: 10 - 90% (non-condensing)
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 3
- Routing Protocol: RIP-2, VRRP, static IPv4 routing, static IPv6 routing, CIDR
- Remote Management Protocol: SNMP 1, RMON 1, RMON 2, RMON 3, RMON 9, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, CLI
- Standard Memory: 256 MB
- Flash Memory: 32 MB
- IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1ab (LLDP), IEEE 802.3at, IEEE 802.3az
- Flow control, layer 3 switching, layer 2 switching, BOOTP support, VLAN support, IGMP snooping, Syslog support, DoS attack prevention, port mirroring, DiffServ support, Weighted Round Robin (WRR) queuing, Broadcast Storm Control, IPv6 support, Multicast Storm Control, Unicast Storm Control, firmware upgradable, SNTP support, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) support, DHCP snooping, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) support, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), Jumbo Frames support, DHCP server, MLD snooping, Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI), reset button, STP Root Guard, Uni-Directional Link Detection (UDLD), DHCP relay, IP-MAC binding, Energy Efficient Ethernet, Dynamic VLAN Support (GVRP), Class of Service (CoS), Generic Attribute Registration Protocol (GARP), GARP VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP), DiffServ Code Point (DSCP) support, 4 fans, 2*12MB packet buffer
- PoE (RJ-45) Port: Yes
- Input Voltage: 230 V AC
- Input Voltage: 120 V AC
- Power Source: Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply: No
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 1.7 Inch
- Width: 17.3 Inch
- Depth: 13.8 Inch
- Weight: 11.97 LBS
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product SG500X-48MP-K9-NA at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.