Power and Innovation of Managed Switch
The SLM2048PT-NA Cisco Small Business SG 200-50P 50-Ports Gigabit PoE Smart Switch is a powerful and innovative network solution that is designed to meet the needs of small and medium-sized businesses. It features 50 Gigabit Ethernet ports, with 48 of them being PoE-enabled, allowing for easy connection and power supply to PoE-compatible devices such as IP phones, cameras, and wireless access points.
One of the key innovations of this switch is its smart capabilities, which include advanced security features, Quality of Service (QoS) controls, and network management tools. The switch also supports Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and 802.3ad, allowing for increased network bandwidth and redundancy.
Another innovative feature is the switch's energy efficiency, which is designed to reduce power consumption and costs. This is achieved through its Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) capabilities, which automatically reduce power consumption during periods of low network activity.
Compliant Standards of 200 Series Switch
The compliant standards of the Cisco Small Business SG 200-50P 50-Ports Gigabit PoE Smart Switch (SLM2048PT-NA) include:
- IEEE 802.3: This standard defines the physical layer and the media access control (MAC) layer for Ethernet networks. It is the foundation for all Ethernet networks, including the Cisco Small Business SG 200-50P switch.
- IEEE 802.3u: This standard defines the Fast Ethernet specifications for 100BASE-TX and 100BASE-FX. It allows the switch to support 100Mbps data transfer rates on its ports.
- IEEE 802.3ab: This standard defines the Gigabit Ethernet specifications for 1000BASE-T. It allows the switch to support 1000Mbps data transfer rates on its ports.
- IEEE 802.3af: This standard defines the Power over Ethernet (PoE) specifications for supplying power to network devices over Ethernet cables. It allows the switch to supply power to PoE-enabled devices connected to its ports.
- IEEE 802.3x: This standard defines the flow control specifications for Ethernet networks. It allows the switch to control the flow of data to prevent congestion on the network.
- IEEE 802.1D: This standard defines the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) for creating a loop-free topology in a network. It allows the switch to prevent loops in the network and ensure that only one path is used for data transfer.
- IEEE 802.1Q: This standard defines the Virtual LAN (VLAN) tagging method for creating multiple logical networks on a single physical network. It allows the switch to segment the network into different VLANs for better security and organization.
- IEEE 802.1p: This standard defines the Quality of Service (QoS) priorities for different types of traffic. It allows the switch to prioritize different types of traffic for better performance and reliability.
Reliability of SFP Switch Module
The Cisco Small Business SG 200-50P 50-Ports Gigabit PoE Smart Switch (SLM2048PT-NA) is a highly reliable network switch that is designed to meet the needs of small to medium-sized businesses. It features advanced security and management features, as well as high-performance Gigabit Ethernet connectivity.
One of the key factors that contribute to the reliability of this switch is its ability to support Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology. This allows the switch to provide power to connected devices, such as IP phones and wireless access points, through the Ethernet cables. This eliminates the need for separate power sources and reduces the risk of power-related failures.
The switch also features advanced security features, such as Access Control Lists (ACLs), which can be used to restrict access to specific network resources. This helps to protect against unauthorized access and network breaches.
Additionally, the switch has a built-in web-based management interface, which makes it easy for administrators to configure and manage the switch remotely. This allows for efficient troubleshooting and maintenance, which can help to minimize downtime.
General Information about this Cisco SLM2048PT-NA
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# SLM2048PT-NA
- Product Series: 200
- Product Name: SG200-50P Gigabit PoE Smart Switch
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces / Ports of Ethernet Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 48
- Uplink Port: Yes
- Number of PoE (RJ-45) Ports: 24
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 24
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 48 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Uplink
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Media & Performance for 48 Ports Switch
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Ethernet Technology: Fast Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
I/O Expansions of Layer2 SFP Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 2
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP
- Shared SFP Slot: Yes
- Number of SFP Slots: 2
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 2
Management & Protocols
- Manageable: Yes
- Standard Memory: 128 MB
- Flash Memory: 16 MB
- PoE (RJ-45) Port: Yes
- Input Voltage: 110 V AC
- Input Voltage: 220 V AC
- Power Source: Power Supply
Dimension and Weight
- Width: 17.3 Inch
- Depth: 13.8 Inch
- Height: 1.7 Inch
- Weight: 12.10 LBS
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product SLM2048PT-NA at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.