Optimal Performance and Reliability
The Cisco SM-X-24FXS/4FXO is a fixed port high-density analog voice service module that provides voice connectivity for Cisco ISR 4000 series routers. This module is designed to provide reliable and high-quality voice services for enterprise and service provider networks. To ensure optimal performance and reliability of this module, the following factors should be considered:
- Power and Cooling: The Cisco SM-X-24FXS/4FXO module requires power and cooling to operate. It is important to ensure that the module is receiving the required power and that the router chassis is properly cooled to prevent overheating.
- Configuration: The module must be properly configured for optimal performance. This includes configuring the voice interfaces, dial peers, and other related settings.
- Quality of Service (QoS): QoS settings should be properly configured to ensure that voice traffic is prioritized over other types of traffic. This will help prevent latency and other quality issues that can affect voice call quality.
- Network Connectivity: The module must be properly connected to the network. This includes ensuring that the network interface is configured correctly and that the network infrastructure is designed to handle the traffic load.
- Monitoring and Maintenance: Regular monitoring and maintenance of the module is important to ensure that it is functioning properly. This includes monitoring call quality, troubleshooting issues, and performing software updates as needed.
Security Features and Management
The Cisco SM-X-24FXS/4FXO is a high-density analog voice service module that provides up to 24 analog FXS (Foreign Exchange Station) and 4 FXO (Foreign Exchange Office) ports for connecting analog phones, fax machines, and other analog devices to a Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR). To ensure the security and reliability of the module and the voice traffic that it carries, the module features several security and management features:
- Secure Communications: The SM-X-24FXS/4FXO module supports Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol (SRTP) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) for secure voice communications. SRTP provides encryption and authentication for voice traffic, while TLS secures the signaling between the module and the router.
- Network Management: The module supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), which allows network administrators to monitor and manage the module remotely. The module also supports Cisco IOS Embedded Event Manager (EEM), which enables automation of network management tasks.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The module supports QoS features such as traffic shaping, classification, and marking to ensure that voice traffic is prioritized over other types of traffic on the network.
- Voice VLAN: The module supports Voice VLAN, which enables voice traffic to be separated from other types of traffic on the network. This improves security and performance by ensuring that voice traffic is not interfered with by other types of traffic.
- Call Admission Control (CAC): The module supports CAC, which limits the number of simultaneous calls that can be made on the network. This ensures that the network is not overwhelmed by too many calls at once, which can lead to poor call quality and dropped calls.
- Voice Policies: The module supports voice policies, which allow network administrators to define and enforce rules for voice traffic on the network. This can include rules for call routing, call recording, and call blocking.
- Redundancy: The module supports redundancy features such as Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) and Gateway Load Balancing Protocol (GLBP), which provide failover and load balancing capabilities to ensure high availability and reliability of voice services.
Installation and Setup Procedures
The Cisco SM-X-24FXS/4FXO is a service module that provides high-density analog voice connectivity for Cisco ISR G2 and ISR 4000 Series routers. To install and set up the module, follow these procedures:
- Power off the router before installing the module. Insert the module into an available service module slot on the router.
- Connect the module to the PSTN or PBX using the appropriate cables. For FXS ports, connect the analog phone or fax machine to the RJ-11 port. For FXO ports, connect the analog trunk line to the RJ-11 port.
- Power on the router and module. The router will detect the module and install the necessary software.
- Configure the module using the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI) or web-based graphical user interface (GUI). You can configure the module for voice features such as call routing, caller ID, call waiting, and call transfer.
- Verify the module configuration by making test calls. You can use a test phone or fax machine to make calls through the module.
Main Information about this Cisco SM-X-24FXS/4FXO
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU # SM-X-24FXS/4FXO
- Product Type: Service Module- Expansion Module
Technical Information of Voice Module
- Total Number of Ports: 28
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Application/Usage: Voice Fax
- TAA Compliant: No
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 1.6 Inch
- Width: 7.4 Inch
- Depth: 7.6 Inch
- Weight: 2.21 LBS
- Compatibility: Cisco 4000 Series ISRs
About Refurbished Products
For all your expansion module needs, we've got you covered with high-performance devices that increase functional capability and ease business processes.
You can talk to any of our staff and consult on what would be the best way forward when getting an expansion module to complement and enhance existing infrastructure and meet your immediate and future needs.
We have hardware level 12 with firmware 3.0 or higher modules that allow for the installation of up to 14 expansion modules below the base module for resilient performance. Expansion modules connect to the base module using USB Type-A connectors. That's not all, we have hardware level 11 and lower that supports up to 9 expansion modules.
With an expansion module, you get additional cartridge storage as well as tape drive capacity. We have expansion modules that contain up to two drives and two power supplies. You can choose to have the expansion module with tape drives and power supply installed so that it makes setup easier from your end. Expansion modules will need a power supply only if you install a tape drive in them. A single power supply can actually power two drives. However, you can add a second power supply for redundancy purposes. Without a tape drive, the expansion module is powered via the USB cable connected to the base module.
Expansion modules require 2U rack space and will be shipped with the necessary mounting hardware used to secure them to the rack.
The top features of the expansion modules we've listed include:
- High-resolution LCD screens of up to 5" with backlight for a vibrant visual experience and ease of use. The expansion modules have programmable line keys ensuring that the interface is intuitive and interactive.
- Straightforward setup to facilitate easy installation.
- Availability of a wide range of custom configurations
- Advanced call handling and contact management capabilities to help increase productivity.
- XML browser functionality
- Compatibility across systems which helps to leverage existing IT infrastructure investment. All the expansion modules we've made available will help to enhance your existing desktop solutions.
- Seamless fusion with planar and fibre technology
- Compatibility with phone models such as SIP-T27P and SIP-T29G helps to expand functionality.
- Availability of color icons that enhance the visual experience for users. There are color-coded independent actionable control keys that facilitate fast switching between pages.
- Ability to link together a maximum of six phone systems and up to two expansion modules from a single host phone.
- Support for up to 3 modules on a daisy-chain
- Reduced excess loss and PDL
- Support for advanced call functions including call forwarding, call transfers, multi-person conferencing, call pickup, LDAP, speed dial, and BFL list.
- Shipped with a stand that has two adjustable angles
You can find almost every module option in our catalogue, we have modules with different numbers of ports, from 1-port options to 50- and 90-port options, you can also check out our 20 Gigabit, 48 Gigabit, and 100 Gigabit expansion modules. Browse through our categories to find the best option for your needs.
All expansion modules make for ideal solutions for administrative assistants, receptionists, and contact center employees due to the ability to easily manage large call volumes and monitor a large number of contacts.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product SM-X-24FXS/4FXO at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.