Advantages and limitations
The WIC-1B-U-V2 is a Cisco 1-Port WAN Interface Card (WIC) that provides a single high-speed WAN interface for Cisco routers. Here are some advantages and limitations of the WIC-1B-U-V2:
- High-speed connectivity: The WIC-1B-U-V2 provides a high-speed WAN interface, with speeds of up to 2 Mbps, which makes it suitable for connecting to high-speed WAN links such as T1 lines.
- Easy installation: The WIC-1B-U-V2 is easy to install in a Cisco router, and does not require any additional configuration beyond what is required for any other WAN interface.
- Cost-effective: The WIC-1B-U-V2 is relatively inexpensive compared to other WAN interface cards, making it an affordable option for small and medium-sized businesses.
- Single port: The WIC-1B-U-V2 only provides a single WAN interface, which may not be sufficient for larger organizations with multiple WAN connections.
- Limited speed: While the WIC-1B-U-V2 is suitable for high-speed WAN links such as T1 lines, it may not be sufficient for even faster connections such as T3 or OC-3.
- Limited functionality: The WIC-1B-U-V2 is a basic WAN interface card and does not provide advanced features such as encryption or load balancing.
Use cases and Applications
The WIC-1B-U-V2 Cisco 1-Port WAN Interface Card (WIC) is a small, hot-swappable network interface module that can be installed into a Cisco router to provide connectivity to wide area networks (WANs). It supports a variety of WAN technologies and can be used in a wide range of applications.
Here are some use cases and applications for the WIC-1B-U-V2:
- Internet connectivity: The WIC-1B-U-V2 can be used to connect a Cisco router to an Internet Service Provider (ISP) using technologies such as Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), Frame Relay, or Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP). This allows the router to access the Internet and provide Internet connectivity to the local network.
- Branch office connectivity: The WIC-1B-U-V2 can be used to connect a branch office to a main office or data center using WAN technologies such as Frame Relay or leased lines. This allows the branch office to access resources and services located at the main office or data center.
- Voice and data convergence: The WIC-1B-U-V2 can be used to support Voice over IP (VoIP) by connecting the router to a VoIP gateway using technologies such as T1 or E1. This allows voice and data traffic to be transmitted over the same network, reducing costs and simplifying network management.
- Remote access: The WIC-1B-U-V2 can be used to provide remote access to the local network using technologies such as ISDN or PPP. This allows remote users to connect securely to the network and access resources such as files and applications.
Future Developments and Enhancements
As an AI language model, I don't have access to proprietary information or internal development plans of Cisco. However, I can provide some general information about the WIC-1B-U-V2 Cisco 1-Port WAN Interface Card and possible future developments and enhancements.
The WIC-1B-U-V2 is a type of WAN interface card used in Cisco routers. It provides a single synchronous serial port with a maximum data rate of 8 Mbps. It supports a range of protocols, including HDLC, PPP, and Frame Relay.
Possible future developments and enhancements for the WIC-1B-U-V2 might include increased data rates, improved compatibility with newer protocols, and better integration with other network devices. Cisco regularly releases new hardware and software updates for its products, so it's possible that the WIC-1B-U-V2 could see improvements in the future.
It's worth noting that the WIC-1B-U-V2 is a relatively old product and has been superseded by newer WAN interface cards with faster data rates and improved features. If you're considering upgrading your network hardware, it may be worth looking into newer interface cards that offer better performance and more advanced features.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- MPN: WIC-1B-U-V2
- Product Name: 1-Port ISDN BRI WAN Interface Card
- Product Type: WAN Interface Card (WIC)
- SKU: WIC-1B-U-V2
- Application/Usage: Wide Area Network
Interfaces / Ports
- Interfaces/Ports: 1 x ISDN BRI (U) WAN
- Interfaces/Ports Details: 1 x RJ-45 ISDN BRI (U) WAN
Controls / Indicators
- Status Indicators-
- Network module status indicator
- Status LEDs for each B Channel and NT1
- Temperature: 32°F (0°C) to 104°F (40°C) Operating
- Temperature: -13°F (-25°C) to 158°F (70°C) Storage
- Humidity: 5% to 95% Non-condensing Relative Humidity
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 3.1 Inch
- Depth: 4.4 Inch
- Height: 0.8 Inch
- Weight: 112.80 Oz
- Maximum Number of Modules per Chassis:
- Cisco 1720 and 1721: 2
- Cisco 1750: 2
- Cisco 1751 and 1760: 2
- Cisco 2600XM: 4
- Cisco 3620: 4
- Cisco 3640: 8
- Cisco 3660: 12
- Cisco 2691: 5
- Cisco 3725: 7
- Cisco 3745: 11
- Cisco 1700 Series
- Cisco 2600 Series
- Cisco 3600 Series
- Cisco 3700 Series
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WIC-1B-U-V2 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.