Advanced Security Features
The WIC-1DSU-56K4 Cisco 1Port WAN Interface Card supports advanced security features to ensure that data transmitted over the network is secure. These features help to prevent unauthorized access and protect the privacy of confidential data.
One of the security features supported by the WIC-1DSU-56K4 is the Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP), which is a widely-used protocol for securely transmitting data over a network. PPP supports several authentication protocols, including Password Authentication Protocol (PAP) and Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP), which help to ensure that only authorized users can access the network.
Another security feature supported by the WIC-1DSU-56K4 is the Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP), which is an older protocol used for transmitting data over a serial connection. Although SLIP is less secure than PPP, it does support basic authentication and can be used in conjunction with other security protocols to provide additional security.
In addition to these protocols, the WIC-1DSU-56K4 also supports several encryption protocols, including Data Encryption Standard (DES) and Triple DES (3DES), which help to secure data transmitted over the network. These protocols use advanced encryption techniques to protect data from unauthorized access.
The WIC-1DSU-56K4 also supports Firewall features, which provide additional security by blocking unauthorized traffic and preventing network attacks. The firewall can be configured to allow or deny traffic based on various criteria, such as IP address, port number, or protocol type.
Performance of WAN Interface Card
The WIC-1DSU-56K4 Cisco 1Port WAN Interface Card is designed to provide high-performance connectivity over WAN links. The performance of the card is measured by its data transfer rate, reliability, and overall efficiency.
The WIC-1DSU-56K4 can support data transfer rates of up to 56Kbps, which is suitable for many low-bandwidth applications. The card is also designed with advanced error correction and compression technologies that help to improve its overall efficiency and reliability. The card uses a digital signal processor (DSP) that provides advanced modem technologies, such as V.90 and V.34, to support a wide range of communication protocols.
In addition to its data transfer rate and reliability, the WIC-1DSU-56K4 is also designed with advanced routing features that help to ensure high performance over WAN links. For example, the card supports a variety of routing protocols, including IP, IPX, and AppleTalk, that help to optimize the routing of data over the network.
The card is also designed with advanced Quality of Service (QoS) features that help to ensure that critical applications, such as voice and video, are given priority over less critical applications. The QoS features also help to ensure that data is delivered reliably and with minimal latency.
The WIC-1DSU-56K4 is also designed with advanced security features that help to protect the network against unauthorized access and attacks. The card supports a variety of encryption and authentication protocols, such as SSL and VPN, that help to ensure secure communication over WAN links.
Troubleshooting and Maintenance
Troubleshooting and maintenance are critical aspects of the WIC-1DSU-56K4 Cisco 1Port WAN Interface Card, which ensures that it performs optimally and consistently over time. Regular maintenance can help to identify potential issues and resolve them before they become major problems.
The following are some troubleshooting and maintenance practices for the WIC-1DSU-56K4 Cisco 1Port WAN Interface Card:
- Regular Inspection - Regular inspection of the hardware component of the card such as the connectors, cables and card itself can help to identify any physical damage, rust or other wear and tear.
- Software Updates - Regular software updates can help to enhance the performance and functionality of the card, so it is essential to check for new software releases on the official website of Cisco.
- Testing - The WIC-1DSU-56K4 Cisco 1Port WAN Interface Card can be tested using various diagnostic tools to ensure that it is functioning optimally. Some common testing tools for Cisco devices include Telnet, Ping, and Traceroute.
- Troubleshooting - In the event of a problem, it is essential to have a good troubleshooting procedure in place. Start by identifying the specific issue with the help of diagnostic tools, and then work through a step-by-step process to resolve the problem.
- Regular Cleaning - Dust and debris can accumulate in the connectors and ports of the card, which can affect performance. Regular cleaning of the card can help to remove these debris and improve its functionality.
- Power Cycle - Sometimes, the WIC-1DSU-56K4 Cisco 1Port WAN Interface Card may require a power cycle to resolve an issue. This can be done by turning off the device, unplugging it from the power source, and waiting for a few minutes before plugging it back in and turning it on again.
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number WIC-1DSU-56K4
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Model WIC-1DSU-56K4
- Product Name WIC-1DSU-56K4 WAN Interface Card (WIC)
- Product Type WAN Interface Card (WIC)
- Application/Usage Wide Area Network
Interfaces / Ports
- Interfaces/Ports Details 1 x RJ-45 Switched 56/64 WAN
Media & Performance
- Maximum Data Transfer Rate 64 kbit/s
- Additional Information
- Modular Router Solutions:
- LAN-to-LAN Routing
- VPN & Firewall Solutions
- Physical Limitation of Serial Modules per Chassis:
- Cisco 3640: Eight
- Cisco 3620: Four
- Supported Features of Serial Network Modules:
- Full Duplex
- WIC-1DSU-56K operate in conjunction with a mixed-media network module (NM-1E2W, NM-2E2W, NM-1E1R2W)
- Supported Platforms:
- 3660 series
- 2600XM Series
- 2600 series
About Refurbished Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.