Features and Benefits of 48 Ports Managed Switch
The WS-C2950G-48-EI Cisco Catalyst 2950 48 Ports Switch is a Fast Ethernet switch that offers a range of features and benefits, including:
- 48 10/100 ports
- 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Support for Cisco IOS Software
- Cisco StackWise technology for easy management and scalability
- Quality of Service (QoS) for prioritizing network traffic
- Advanced security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) and 802.1x authentication
- High performance and reliability for fast and efficient data transfer
- Easy to manage and scale as your network grows
- Enhanced security to protect against unauthorized access and network threats
- Improved traffic management to ensure mission-critical applications get the bandwidth they need
- Compatibility with a wide range of Cisco network devices and software for seamless integration into existing networks.
Manage Your Network Efficiently of Ethernet Switch
The WS-C2950G-48-EI Cisco Catalyst 2950 48-port Ethernet switch can be managed efficiently in a number of ways, including:
- Web-based GUI: The switch can be managed using a web-based graphical user interface (GUI), which provides an easy-to-use and intuitive interface for configuring and monitoring the switch.
- Command-line interface (CLI): The switch can also be managed using the command-line interface (CLI), which provides advanced users with a more powerful and flexible way to configure and monitor the switch.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): The switch supports SNMP, which allows you to monitor and manage the switch using a variety of third-party management tools.
- Remote management: The switch supports remote management, which allows you to manage the switch from anywhere on the network.
- Auto SmartPort macro: To simplify the configuration of the switch, the switch support Auto SmartPort macro. This feature allows you to automatically configure switch port settings based on the type of device connected to the port, such as a server or a printer.
- Auto-configuration: The switch supports auto-configuration, which allows the switch to automatically configure itself based on the network topology, reducing the need for manual configuration.
- Firmware Upgrade: The switch also support firmware upgrade which allow you to upgrade the firmware of the switch to the latest version to fix bugs and add new features.
By using these features, you can manage your network efficiently and reduce the risk of network downtime.
Deployment and Configuration
Deployment and configuration of the WS-C2950G-48-EI Cisco Catalyst 2950 48-port Ethernet switch typically involves the following steps:
- Physical setup: Connect the switch to a power source and to other devices on the network, such as routers and servers, using Ethernet cables.
- Initial configuration: Connect to the switch using a console cable and a terminal emulator program, such as HyperTerminal or PuTTY. Use the initial configuration dialog to set up basic settings, such as the hostname, IP address, and password.
- VLAN configuration: Create and configure VLANs on the switch to segment the network and control access to different network resources.
- Quality of Service (QoS) configuration: Configure QoS settings, such as traffic shaping and prioritization, to ensure that time-sensitive applications, such as voice and video, have the necessary bandwidth.
- Security configuration: Configure security features, such as access control lists (ACLs) and port security, to protect against unauthorized access to the network.
- Management and monitoring: Configure management and monitoring features, such as SNMP and syslog, to make it easy to monitor and troubleshoot the switch.
- Firmware upgrade: Keep the switch firmware updated to ensure that it has the latest security and performance enhancements.
It's important to have good understanding of Networking concepts, Cisco IOS and it's commands before configuring the switch. Also it's always recommended to keep backup of current configuration and test the changes in lab environment before implementing it in production network.
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number WS-C2950G-48-EI
- Brand Name: Cisco Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Series: 2950
- Product Name: Catalyst 2950G-48 Ethernet Switch
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
- Number of Ports: 48
- Fast Ethernet Port: Yes
- Interfaces/Ports: 48 x RJ-45 10/100Base-TX LAN
- Interfaces/Ports: 1 x RJ-45 Console Management
Media & Performance
- Performance: 10.1Mpps Forwarding Rate for 64-byte Packet
- Number of Expansion Slots: 2
- Expansion Slots: (2 Total) GBIC
Network & Communication
- Flow Control: IEEE 802.3x (Full-duplex)
- Address Table: 8K MAC Addresses
Media & Performance
- Connectivity Media: Category 4 UTP 10Base-T
- Connectivity Media: Category 3 UTP 10Base-T
- Connectivity Media: Category 5 UTP 10/100Base-TX
- Performance: Up to 6.8Mbps Forwarding Bandwidth
- Performance: 13.6Gbps Switching Fabric
- Status Indicators:
- System status LEDs:
- Bandwidth utilization
- Per-port status LEDs:
- Link integrity
- MTBF: 159026Hour
- Input Voltage: 220V AC
- Input Voltage: 110V AC
- Input Voltage Range: 100V AC to 127V AC
- Input Current: 1 A @ 100V AC to 127V AC
- Input Current: 0.5 A @ 200V AC to 240V AC
- Frequency: 50 Hz to 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: Up to 45 W
- Redundant Power Supply: Yes
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C2950G-48-EI at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.