More Information of Switch
The Cisco WS-C2950SX-24 is a 24-port, stackable, layer 2 switch that is part of the Cisco Catalyst 2950SX series. It is designed for small to medium-sized businesses and enterprise branch offices. The switch supports a variety of LAN protocols including IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3z and IEEE 802.3x.
The switch provides a non-blocking architecture that allows for high-speed data transfer and supports both 10/100Mbps and 1000Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet) speeds on all ports. It also supports Quality of Service (QoS) features such as traffic prioritization and congestion management to ensure that critical network traffic is handled efficiently.
The switch also supports various security features such as access control lists (ACLs) and port security to help protect the network from unauthorized access. The switch can be managed through a command-line interface (CLI) or through a web-based management interface, which allows for easy configuration and monitoring of the switch.
The switch also supports stackable design, which allows for easy expansion of the network as needed. The switch supports features such as hot-swappable power supplies and fans, which increase the availability of the switch and reduce downtime.
Benefits and Features for Catalyst Switch
The WS-C2950SX-24 is a Cisco Catalyst switch with 24 Ethernet ports. Some of its key features include:
- Layer 2 switching: The switch supports a variety of LAN protocols, allowing it to perform Layer 2 switching and forwarding of Ethernet frames.
- Stackable: The switch can be stacked with other Cisco Catalyst 2950SX switches to form a single, logical unit with increased port density and higher availability.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports QoS features such as traffic prioritization and congestion management to ensure that critical network traffic is handled efficiently.
- Security: The switch supports various security features such as access control lists (ACLs) and port security to help protect the network from unauthorized access.
- Management: The switch can be managed through a command-line interface (CLI) or through a web-based management interface, which allows for easy configuration and monitoring of the switch.
Some of the benefits of the WS-C2950SX-24 include:
- Scalability: The stackable design allows for easy expansion of the network as needed.
- Reliability: The switch supports features such as hot-swappable power supplies and fans, which increase the availability of the switch and reduce downtime.
- Easy management: The switch can be managed through a web interface, which simplifies configuration and monitoring tasks.
- Security: With the support of various security features, the switch helps to protect the network from unauthorized access.
- QoS: The switch supports QoS features, which helps to ensure that critical network traffic is handled efficiently and effectively.
The Cisco WS-C2950SX-24 is considered a high-performance switch due to several factors:
- Non-blocking architecture: The switch has a non-blocking architecture which allows for high-speed data transfer. This means that all ports on the switch can operate at full-duplex, allowing for maximum network bandwidth.
- High port density: The switch has 24 Ethernet ports, providing a high port density which allows for more devices to be connected to the network, reducing the need for additional switches.
- Gigabit Ethernet support: The switch supports both 10/100Mbps and 1000Mbps (Gigabit Ethernet) speeds on all ports, which allows for faster data transfer and improved network performance.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports QoS features such as traffic prioritization and congestion management which ensures that critical network traffic is handled efficiently and effectively, which improves network performance.
- Stackable design: The switch can be stacked with other Cisco Catalyst 2950SX switches to form a single, logical unit with increased port density and higher availability. This allows for easy expansion of the network as needed and improves network performance.
- High Availability: The switch supports features such as hot-swappable power supplies and fans which increases the availability of the switch and reduces downtime.
All these factors contribute to the high-performance of the Cisco part switch. It is a reliable, high-speed, high-density switch that can handle large amounts of data and support various network protocols, making it suitable for businesses and enterprise branch offices.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C2950SX-24
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# WS-C2950SX-24
- Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Series: 2900
- Product Name: Catalyst 2950SX-24 Ethernet Switch
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for 24 Ports Ethernet Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports 24
- Number of MT-RJ Ports 2
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 24
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 24 x Fast Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
Performance of Layer 2 Catalyst 2900 Switch
- Media Type: Supported Twisted Pair
- Media Type: Supported Optical Fiber
- Twisted Pair Cable Standard Category: 5
- Fiber Mode Supported: Multi-mode
- Ethernet Technology: Fast Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10Base-T
- Network Technology: 100Base-TX
- Network Technology: 1000Base-SX
Management & Protocols of Managed Switch
- Manageable: Yes
- Management Capabilities: SNMP
- (CLI)-based out-of-band
- embedded CMS
- Embedded RMON:
- Standard Memory: 16 MB
- Flash Memory: 8 MB
- MTBF: 403214 Hour
- Input Voltage: 110 V AC
- Input Voltage: 220 V AC
- Power Source: Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply: Yes
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 1.7 Inch
- Width: 17.5 Inch
- Depth: 9.5 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 6.50 LBS
About Refurbished Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.