Performance of 24 Ports Managed Switch
The WS-C2960-24LT-L is a Cisco Catalyst switch with 24 Ethernet ports. It is a managed switch, meaning it can be configured and monitored through a network management system. The switch supports Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps) speeds on all ports and has a switching capacity of 8.8 Gbps. It also supports advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS), VLANs, and link aggregation. The "L" in the model number indicates that it is a lower cost option compared to other models in the 2960 series.
This model is a Cisco Catalyst managed Ethernet switch that has 24 ports. It is designed for small to medium-sized businesses and enterprise branch offices. It provides performance and reliability through features such as:
- Fast Ethernet connectivity for high-speed data transfer
- Quality of Service (QoS) for prioritizing network traffic
- Access Control Lists (ACLs) for security
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) for powering devices such as IP phones and wireless access points
- VLANs for segmenting the network and improving security
In terms of performance, this item is capable of forwarding packets at a rate of up to 38.69 Mpps (million packets per second) and has a switching capacity of 4.8 Gbps. This means it can handle a large amount of network traffic and can support a high number of connected devices.
The WS-C2960-24LT-L Cisco Catalyst switch is compliant with a number of industry standards, which ensure that the device is compatible with other networking equipment and functions as expected. Some of the compliant standards for this switch include:
- IEEE 802.3: This standard defines the physical and data link layers of Ethernet networking. It specifies the characteristics of the cables and connectors used, as well as the format of data packets and how they are transmitted over the network.
- IEEE 802.3u: This standard defines the Fast Ethernet (100 Mbps) specifications for Ethernet networks. It specifies the characteristics of 100BASE-TX and 100BASE-FX cabling, which are used to connect devices to the switch.
- IEEE 802.3ab: This standard defines the Gigabit Ethernet (1000 Mbps) specifications for Ethernet networks. It specifies the characteristics of 1000BASE-T cabling, which is used to connect devices to the switch.
- IEEE 802.1Q: This standard defines a method of creating virtual LANs (VLANs) on a LAN, allowing for segmentation of a network into smaller, more manageable segments.
- IEEE 802.1D: This standard defines the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), which is used to prevent loops in a network and ensure that there is only one active path between two devices.
- IEEE 802.1p: This standard defines a method of prioritizing traffic on a LAN, allowing time-sensitive traffic such as voice or video to be given priority over less time-sensitive traffic such as file transfers.
- IEEE 802.3af: This standard defines the Power over Ethernet (PoE) feature, which allows the switch to power connected devices through the Ethernet cables, eliminating the nee
Robust Security and Dynamic Quality
The WS-C2960-24LT-L Cisco Catalyst switch is a managed switch that provides robust security features to protect your network from unauthorized access and network threats. It supports advanced security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) which can be used to control access to the network based on specific criteria such as IP address or MAC address. It also supports other features like 802.1X authentication and DHCP Snooping which provide additional security to the network.
The switch also provides dynamic quality of service (QoS) features that can be used to prioritize different types of network traffic. This ensures that critical applications and services have the necessary bandwidth to operate effectively, while non-essential traffic is given lower priority. This can be useful for applications such as VoIP and video conferencing which require a consistent level of network performance.
Furthermore, it also provides Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) which allows multiple physical ports to be grouped together to form a single logical link, providing redundancy and increasing bandwidth.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C2960-24LT-L
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# WS-C2960-24LT-L
- Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Series: 2960
- Product Name: Catalyst C2960-24LT-L Ethernet Switch
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for 24 Ports Ethernet Switch
- Electrical Interface: Ethernet Fast - 100Mbps
- Interface Types: Ethernet RJ45, SFP, GBIC
- Total Number of Network Ports: 24
- Uplink Port: Yes
- Uplinks Port Details: 2 Ethernet 10/100/1000 ports
Media & Performance of Catalyst Managed Switch
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Twisted Pair Cable Standard: Category 5
- Ethernet Technology: Fast Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10Base-T
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Maximum transmission unit (MTU) Up to 9000 bytes
- Jumbo frames: 9018 bytes (2960G only)
- Forwarding Rates: 64-Bytes packets 6.5 MPPS
- Standard Memory: 64 MB
- Memory Technology: DRAM
- Flash Memory: 32 MB
- Forwarding bandwidth 16 Gbps
- MAX VLANs 255
- VLAN IDs 4000
- Layer 2 switching, auto-sensing per device, DHCP support
- Power over Ethernet (PoE), auto-negotiation,
- VLAN support, auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X)
- IGMP snooping, DHCP snooping, Quality of Service (QoS)
- Remote Management Protocol: SNMP 1, RMON 1, RMON 2, RMON 3, RMON 9, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH-2
- Authentication Method: RADIUS, TACACS+, Secure Shell v.2 (SSH2)
- PoE (RJ-45) Port: Yes
- Input Voltage: 110 V AC
- Input Voltage: 220 V AC
- Redundant Power Supply: Yes
- Available PoE Power 123 Watts
Dimension and Weight
- Form Factor Rack-mountable
- Height 1.7 Inch
- Width 17.5 Inch
- Depth 13 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 10 Lbs
- Minimum Operating Temperature: 23 °F
- Maximum Operating Temperature: 113 °F
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C2960-24LT-L at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.