Introduction to the L2 Switch
This Item is a model of Cisco Catalyst switch that is designed for use in small to medium-sized business networks. It is a Layer 2 switch, which means that it is capable of forwarding traffic based on the Media Access Control (MAC) addresses of the devices connected to it. The "24TT-L" in the name indicates that the switch has 24 Fast Ethernet ports, which support speeds of up to 100 Mbps. The "L" in the name indicates that the switch is a low-end model with limited features.
Some of the key features of the WS-C2960-24TT-L include:
- Support for IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) on all 24 ports, allowing devices such as IP phones and wireless access points to be powered directly from the switch
- Support for Quality of Service (QoS) to prioritize certain types of traffic
- Support for up to 8 VLANs (Virtual Local Area Networks) to segment the network into different logical segments
- Support for Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) to increase the available bandwidth between the switch and other devices by bundling multiple links together
- Support for SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) for monitoring and management of the switch
Maximizing Network Performance
Maximizing network performance on a WS-C2960-24TT-L Cisco Catalyst Layer2 24 Ports Ethernet switch involves several key steps.
- Quality of Service (QoS): Configuring QoS policies allows you to prioritize different types of network traffic, such as voice or video, to ensure that they receive the bandwidth they need to function properly. This can prevent congestion and ensure that critical applications are not impacted by less important traffic.
- Link Aggregation (LAG) or EtherChannel: Utilizing LAG or EtherChannel increases the available bandwidth by allowing multiple physical connections to be bundled together into a single logical connection. This also provides redundancy in case one of the physical connections fails.
- Flow Control: Configuring flow control can prevent dropped packets during periods of high network utilization by ensuring that the switch is not overwhelmed with more data than it can handle.
- Port Security: Enabling port security can prevent unauthorized access to the network by limiting the number of MAC addresses that can be associated with a particular port.
- Firmware and Software Updates: Keeping the switch up to date with the latest firmware and software version can ensure that you are taking advantage of any performance improvements or bug fixes that have been released.
- VLANs: Configuring VLANs can segment the network and improve security by isolating different types of traffic. This can also make it easier to manage and troubleshoot the network.
- Monitoring: Utilizing tools such as Cisco's Network Assistant or a network performance management system can help you to monitor the switch's performance and identify any issues that may be impacting performance.
Power Options and Redundancy
The WS-C2960-24TT-L Cisco Catalyst Layer2 24 Ports Ethernet switch supports various power options and redundancy features to ensure that the switch stays up and running even in the event of a power failure.
- Power Options: The switch can be powered by an AC power supply or by a DC power supply. It also supports the use of a redundant power supply (RPS) which can provide backup power in case the primary power supply fails.
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE): The switch also supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) which allows it to provide power to connected devices, such as IP phones or wireless access points, over the Ethernet cable. This eliminates the need for separate power cables and outlets.
- Redundancy: The switch supports several redundancy features to ensure that the network stays up and running even in the event of a failure. Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and Cisco EtherChannel technology can provide link redundancy by allowing multiple physical links to be bundled together into a single logical link. This ensures that if one link fails, the other links can still provide connectivity.
- High Availability: The switch also supports High Availability features like Cisco StackWise technology, which allows multiple switches to be connected together and function as a single unit, and Cisco StackPower, which allows power to be shared among the switches in the stack. This ensures that if one switch fails, the others can take over and maintain network connectivity.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C2960-24TT-L
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# WS-C2960-24TT-L
- Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Series: 2960
- Product Model: 2960-24TT
- Product Name: Catalyst 2960-24TT Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for 24 Ports Ethernet Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 24
- Uplink Port: Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 24
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 24 x Fast Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Uplink
Performance of Catalyst 2960-24TT Managed Switch
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Twisted Pair Cable Standard: Category 5
- Ethernet Technology: Fast Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10Base-T
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 2
- Input Voltage: 110 V AC
- Input Voltage: 220 V AC
- Power Source: Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply: Yes
Dimensions and Weight
- Height: 1.7 Inch
- Width: 17.5 Inch
- Depth: 9.3 Inch
- Weight: 8 LBS
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C2960-24TT-L at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.