The Cisco WS-C2960C-8TC-L Catalyst 8-port manageable switch is a fast and reliable networking device that is designed for use in small to medium-sized businesses. It is equipped with a number of features that make it well-suited for use in a range of networking environments.
Here are some key features and capabilities of the Cisco WS-C2960C-8TC-L switch:
- 8 Ethernet ports: The switch has eight Fast Ethernet ports, which can be used to connect to other networking devices or to the internet.
- Manageability: The switch is equipped with a range of management features, including a web-based interface and support for the Cisco Network Assistant tool.
- Security: The switch includes a number of security features, such as access control lists (ACLs) and support for IEEE 802.1X port-based authentication.
- Quality of service (QoS): The switch supports QoS features that can help prioritize certain types of traffic, such as voice and video, for improved performance.
- Energy efficiency: The switch is designed to be energy efficient, with features such as Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) and a power-saving standby mode.
Reliability of Catalyst Switch
The WS-C2960C-8TC-L is a member of the Cisco Catalyst 2960-C series of fixed-configuration switches. It is designed to provide a reliable and secure network connection for small to medium-sized businesses.
In general, Cisco Catalyst switches are known for their reliability and have a reputation for being easy to install and maintain. The WS-C2960C-8TC-L in particular has received positive reviews for its performance and reliability.
Troubleshooting and Diagnostics Features
The WS-C2960C-8TC-L Cisco Catalyst 2960C 8 Ports Manageable Switch provides several troubleshooting and diagnostics features that can be used to identify and resolve network issues. Here are some of the key features:
- Cisco IOS Command-Line Interface (CLI): The switch has a CLI that allows network administrators to issue commands to configure and troubleshoot the switch.
- LED Indicators: The switch has LED indicators on the front panel that provide information about the status of the switch ports, power supply, and system status. These LED indicators can be used to quickly identify potential issues with the switch.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): The switch supports SNMP, which allows network administrators to monitor and manage the switch remotely. SNMP can be used to retrieve information about the switch, such as its configuration, interface status, and error counters.
- Cisco Network Assistant: The Cisco Network Assistant is a graphical user interface (GUI) that provides a centralized management tool for configuring and troubleshooting Cisco network devices, including the WS-C2960C-8TC-L switch. The tool provides a real-time view of network topology and device status, as well as the ability to configure device settings.
- Port Mirroring: The switch supports port mirroring, which allows network administrators to monitor network traffic by copying traffic from one switch port to another. This feature can be useful for troubleshooting network issues and identifying potential security threats.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): The switch supports STP, which is a network protocol that prevents loops in the network by disabling redundant links. STP can be used to prevent network outages and improve network stability.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): The switch supports LACP, which is a network protocol that allows network administrators to group multiple physical links together to form a single logical link. LACP can be used to increase network bandwidth and improve network redundancy.
- Port Security: The switch supports port security, which allows network administrators to limit the number of MAC addresses that can be learned on a switch port. This feature can be used to prevent unauthorized access to the network and improve network security.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C2960C-8TC-L
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# WS-C2960C-8TC-L
- Product Line Catalyst
- Product Series: 2960-C
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for 8 Ports Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports 8
- Token Ring Port No
- LRE Port No
- Uplink Port Yes
- USB Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 8
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 8 x Fast Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Uplink
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Performance of Managed Switch
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology Fast Ethernet
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
- Network Technology 10/100Base-TX
I/O Expansions for Ethernet Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 2
- Expansion Slot Type SFP
- Shared SFP Slot Yes
- Number of SFP Slots 2
- Standard Memory 128 MB
- Memory Technology DRAM
- Flash Memory 64 MB
- PoE (RJ-45) Port No
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply No
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 2
- Routing Protocol : RIP-1, RIP-2
- Remote Management Protocol : SNMP 1, SNMP 2, RMON 1, RMON 2, RMON 3, RMON 9, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, HTTP, CLI
- DHCP support, auto-negotiation, BOOTP support, ARP support, VLAN support, auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X),
- IGMP snooping, Syslog support, DiffServ support, Broadcast Storm Control, IPv6 support, Multicast Storm Control,
- Unicast Storm Control, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support, DHCP snooping, Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP) support,
- Port Aggregation Protocol (PAgP) support, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) support, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI), STP Root Guard, Uni-Directional Link Detection (UDLD), fanless,
- DHCP relay, Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP), Remote Switch Port Analyzer (RSPAN)
- IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p,
- IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1ae, IEEE 802.1ab (LLDP)
- Min Operating Temperature : 23 °F
- Max Operating Temperature : 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating : 5 - 95% (non-condensing)
- Min Storage Temperature : -13 °F
- Max Storage Temperature : 158 °F
- Humidity Range Storage : 5 - 95% (non-condensing)
Dimension and Weight
- Form Factor Desktop
- Height 1.8 Inch
- Width 10.6 Inch
- Depth 8.4 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 2.38 Lbs
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C2960C-8TC-L at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.