Performance and Scalability
The WS-C2960C-8TC-S Cisco Catalyst Managed 8 Ports Switch is a highly performant and scalable switch that is designed for small and medium-sized businesses. It offers a wide range of features and capabilities that make it ideal for use in a variety of different environments.
In terms of performance, the WS-C2960C-8TC-S offers fast data transfer speeds and low latency, making it ideal for use in environments where high-speed data transfer is critical. It also supports advanced Quality of Service (QoS) features, allowing you to prioritize different types of traffic and ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
In terms of scalability, the WS-C2960C-8TC-S is highly flexible and can be easily expanded as your network grows. It supports a wide range of network protocols and standards, including IPv4, IPv6, and MPLS, making it easy to integrate into existing networks. Additionally, it supports Cisco StackWise technology, which allows you to easily connect multiple switches together and manage them as a single entity.
Deployment and Management
- Unpack the WS-C2960C-8TC-S Cisco Catalyst switch and ensure that all components are present and in good condition.
- Connect the switch to a power source and turn it on.
- Connect the switch to a computer or laptop using a console cable.
- Launch a terminal program such as PuTTY and configure the connection settings to match the switch's default settings (e.g. 9600 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, and 1 stop bit).
- Press Enter to access the switch's command-line interface (CLI).
- Configure the switch's basic settings, such as the hostname, IP address, and default gateway.
- Connect to the switch using the CLI or a web-based interface.
- Configure VLANs and assign ports to specific VLANs as needed.
- Configure port security settings to control access to the network.
- Set up Quality of Service (QoS) policies to prioritize different types of traffic.
- Monitor the switch's performance and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Schedule regular firmware upgrades to ensure that the switch is running the latest software version.
- Back up the switch's configuration regularly to prevent data loss in case of a failure.
- Use security features such as access control lists (ACLs) and port security to protect the network from unauthorized access.
- Monitor and analyze network traffic to identify and resolve any performance issues.
- Use tools such as Cisco Prime or SolarWinds to manage and monitor multiple switches from a central location.
Security and Access Control
The WS-C2960C-8TC-S Cisco Catalyst Managed 8 Ports Switch provides several security and access control features to protect against unauthorized access and network attacks. These include:
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): ACLs are used to filter traffic and restrict access to the network based on specific criteria such as IP address, port number, and protocol type. This allows administrators to control who can access the network and what resources they can access.
- Port Security: Port security allows administrators to restrict access to specific ports on the switch. This can be used to prevent unauthorized devices from connecting to the network or to limit the number of devices that can be connected to a specific port.
- VLANs: Virtual LANs (VLANs) are used to segment a network into smaller, isolated segments. This can be used to create separate networks for different departments or groups within an organization.
- IEEE 802.1x: IEEE 802.1x is an authentication protocol that is used to control access to a network. It requires users to provide valid credentials before they can access the network.
- SSH and Telnet: SSH and Telnet are used to remotely access and manage the switch. SSH provides a secure, encrypted connection while Telnet provides an unencrypted connection.
- Secure Boot: The switch supports secure boot, which ensures that only authorized firmware images can be loaded on the switch. This prevents unauthorized firmware from being loaded, which could potentially compromise the security of the switch.
- SNMPv3: SNMPv3 is used to monitor and manage the switch remotely. It provides secure authentication and encryption for remote management.
- Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) Guard: CDP guard is used to prevent unauthorized devices from connecting to the switch by disabling CDP on a specific port.
Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
Product Line Catalyst
Product Series 2960-C
Product Name Catalyst 2960-C Ethernet Switch
Product Type Ethernet Switch
Total Number of Network Ports 8
Token Ring Port No
LRE Port No
Uplink Port Yes
Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 8
Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Port/Expansion Slot Details 8 x Fast Ethernet Network
Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Uplink
Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
Ethernet Technology Fast Ethernet
Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
Network Technology 10/100Base-TX
Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
Number of Total Expansion Slots 2
Expansion Slot Type SFP
Shared SFP Slot Yes
Number of SFP Slots 2
Network & Communication
Layer Supported 2
Standard Memory 128 MB
Memory Technology DRAM
Flash Memory 64 MB
PoE (RJ-45) Port No
Input Voltage 110 V AC
Input Voltage 220 V AC
Power Source Power Supply
Dimension and Weight
Form Factor Rack-mountable
Height 1.8 Inch
Width 10.6 Inch
Depth 8.4 Inch
Weight (Approximate) 2.80Lbs
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C2960C-8TC-S at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.