Remote Management and Monitoring
The WS-C2960CG-8TC-L Cisco 8 Ports Catalyst Managed Switch can be remotely managed and monitored using a variety of tools and protocols. Here are some of the methods that can be used to remotely manage and monitor this switch:
- Web-Based Management: The switch can be managed using a web interface, which allows the IT team to configure settings, monitor performance, and troubleshoot issues using a web browser.
- Command-Line Interface (CLI): The switch can also be managed using a command-line interface (CLI), which provides a more powerful and flexible way to configure settings and automate tasks.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): The switch supports SNMP, which allows the IT team to monitor performance, track usage, and receive notifications about issues or events.
- Remote Monitoring (RMON): The switch supports RMON, which allows the IT team to monitor specific network traffic and receive alerts about abnormal behavior or performance.
- Cisco Network Assistant: The Cisco Network Assistant is a free software tool that can be used to manage and monitor Cisco switches, including the WS-C2960CG-8TC-L. It provides a graphical user interface (GUI) that simplifies the configuration and monitoring of the switch.
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure: Cisco Prime Infrastructure is a network management tool that can be used to manage and monitor Cisco switches, including the WS-C2960CG-8TC-L. It provides a centralized dashboard for managing the network, and can be used to automate common tasks and troubleshoot issues.
Features and Benefits
The WS-C2960CG-8TC-L Cisco Catalyst Managed Switch is an enterprise-grade network switch designed to meet the requirements of small and medium-sized businesses. Here are some of the features and benefits of this switch:
- Eight Gigabit Ethernet Ports: The switch has eight Gigabit Ethernet ports that provide high-speed connectivity to the network.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE): Four of the eight ports support PoE, which means that they can power devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and cameras directly from the switch, without the need for separate power supplies.
- Managed Switch: The switch is managed, which means that it can be configured and monitored using a web interface or a command-line interface (CLI). This allows for greater control over the network and enables the IT team to optimize the performance of the switch.
- VLAN Support: The switch supports VLANs (Virtual Local Area Networks), which allow the network to be segmented into smaller, more manageable networks. This can improve network performance and security.
- QoS Support: The switch supports Quality of Service (QoS), which allows the IT team to prioritize traffic based on the application or service. This can ensure that critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth, while non-critical traffic is throttled.
- Energy-Efficient: The switch is designed to be energy-efficient and includes features such as Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) and Cisco EnergyWise, which can reduce energy consumption and lower energy costs.
- Compact Design: The switch has a compact design that allows it to be easily deployed in small spaces, such as a wiring closet or a branch office.
Resiliency and High Availability of Catalyst Switch
The WS-C2960CG-8TC-L Cisco Catalyst switch is a managed switch with 8 ports. It is designed to be resilient and provide high availability in network environments. Some of the key features that contribute to its resiliency and high availability include:
- Redundant Power Supply: The switch has a redundant power supply option that can provide continued operation in the event of a power supply failure.
- StackWise Plus Technology: This technology allows for up to 8 switches to be stacked together for increased reliability and scalability.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): LACP allows for the bundling of multiple physical links to form a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy.
- Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP): RSTP provides rapid recovery from failed links in a network, allowing for rapid reconvergence of the network topology.
- Quality of Service (QoS): QoS features allow for the prioritization of different types of network traffic, ensuring that mission-critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C2960CG-8TC-L
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# WS-C2960CG-8TC-L
- Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Series: 2960-C
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for 8 Ports Managed Switch
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 8
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 8 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Uplink
- Total Number of Network Ports 10
Performance of Ethernet Switch
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Media Type Supported Twisted Pair
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
- DHCP support, auto-negotiation, BOOTP support, ARP support, VLAN support, auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X), IGMP snooping, Syslog support, DiffServ support, Broadcast Storm Control, IPv6 support, Multicast Storm Control, Unicast Storm Control, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) support, DHCP snooping, Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP) support, Port Aggregation Protocol (PAgP) support, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) support, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI), STP Root Guard, Uni-Directional Link Detection (UDLD), fanless, DHCP relay, Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP), Remote Switch Port Analyzer (RSPAN)
- IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1ae, IEEE 802.1ab (LLDP)
Network and Communication
- Layer Supported: 2
Management & Protocols
- Routing Protocol: RIP-1, RIP-2
- Remote Management Protocol: SNMP 1, SNMP 2, RMON 1, RMON 2, RMON 3, RMON 9, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, HTTP, CLI
- Manageable Yes
- Power Device: Internal power supply
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Kerberos, Secure Shell (SSH), RADIUS, TACACS+
Dimension and Weight
- Form Factor Desktop
- Wall Mountable
- Height 1.8 Inch
- Width 10.6 Inch
- Depth 8.4 Inch
- Weight (Approximate) 2.98 LBS
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces: 10 x 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45 1 x USB Type A ¦ 1 x console - mini-USB Type B management ¦ 1 x RS-232 - RJ-45 management ¦ 2 x SFP (mini-GBIC)
Software / System Requirements
- Software Included: Cisco IOS LAN Base
- Min Operating Temperature: 23 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 5 - 95% (non-condensing)
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C2960CG-8TC-L at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.