Introduction to the 24 Ports Switch
Cisco Catalyst switches are a line of network switches that are designed for use in enterprise network environments. The Cisco Catalyst Ethernet 24 Ports Managed Switch is a device that allows you to connect and manage up to 24 Ethernet devices, such as computers, servers, and other networking equipment. It can be managed through a web-based graphical user interface or through a command-line interface. The switch is designed to be scalable and flexible, with a range of features and options that allow you to customize it to meet the needs of your network. Some of the features of the Cisco Catalyst Ethernet 24 Ports Managed Switch include:
- 24 Ethernet ports for connecting devices
- Support for Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet speeds
- Web-based graphical user interface for easy management and configuration
- Quality of Service (QoS) features for optimizing network performance
- Security features such as access control lists (ACLs) and password protection
- Energy-efficient design to help reduce power consumption
- Support for advanced features such as link aggregation and VLANs (virtual LANs)
Remote Management and Monitoring
Remote management and monitoring of the WS-C2960S-24PS-L Cisco Catalyst 2960 Ethernet 24 Ports Managed Switch allows network administrators to access and manage the switch from a remote location, rather than having to be physically present at the switch.
One way to remotely manage the switch is by using the Cisco Network Assistant (CNA) software tool. CNA provides a centralized management interface for multiple Cisco switches, allowing administrators to configure and monitor the switch's settings, ports, and features.
Another method for remote management is through the use of the command-line interface (CLI) via Telnet or SSH. Telnet and SSH protocols allows an administrator to connect to the switch remotely and access the CLI, where they can issue commands and configure the switch.
Additionally, the switch supports the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), which allows it to be integrated with a network management system (NMS). This allows administrators to monitor the switch's performance, status, and other parameters, as well as receive notifications of any issues or errors.
Remote management and monitoring can be useful in situations where the switch is located in a remote location and it is not feasible for administrators to be physically present, or for monitoring multiple devices from one central location.
Security and Quality of Service
The WS-C2960S-24PS-L Cisco Catalyst 2960 Ethernet 24 Ports Managed Switch offers various security and Quality of Service (QoS) features to help protect the network and ensure optimal performance.
Security features include:
- Access Control Lists (ACLs) to restrict access to specific network resources
- Virtual LANs (VLANs) to segment the network and isolate different types of traffic
- IEEE 802.1X port-based authentication to secure access to the network
- Cisco TrustSec for security grouping and policy enforcement
- Secure Shell (SSH) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) for secure remote management
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) for network access control and posture assessment
Quality of Service (QoS) features include:
- Class of Service (CoS) to prioritize different types of traffic
- Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED) to prevent network congestion
- Low Latency Queuing (LLQ) to ensure that time-sensitive traffic is delivered promptly
- Traffic policing and shaping to control bandwidth usage
These security and QoS features help to ensure that the network is protected from unauthorized access, and that important data is prioritized for a better performance.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C2960S-24PS-L
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# WS-C2960S-24PS-L
- Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Series: 2960
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces/Ports for Ethernet Switch
- Total Number of Network Ports: 24
- Number of PoE (RJ-45) Ports: 24
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
- Stack Port: Yes
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 24 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Performance of Catalyst 2960 Managed Switch
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
I/O Expansions of SFP Managed Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 5
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP
- Expansion Slot Type: Stacking Module
- Number of SFP Slots: 4
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 2
- Standard Memory: 128 MB
- Memory Technology: DRAM
- Flash Memory: 64 MB
- Layer 2 switching, auto-sensing per device, dynamic IP address assignment , power over Ethernet (PoE), autonegotiation, BOOTP support, ARP support, load balancing, VLAN support, auto-uplink (auto MDI/MDI-X), IGMP snooping, Syslog support, DiffServ support, Broadcast Storm Control, IPv6 support, Multicast Storm Control, Unicast Storm Control, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) support, DHCP snooping, Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP) support, Port Aggregation Protocol (PAgP) support, Access Control List (ACL) support, Quality of Service (QoS), PoE+, Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP), Port Security, MAC Address Notification, Remote Switch Port Analyzer (RSPAN)
- Min Operating Temperature -5 °C
- Max Operating Temperature 40 °C
- Humidity Range Operating 10 - 95% (non-condensing)
- Min Storage Temperature -25 °C
- Max Storage Temperature 70 °C
- Humidity Range Storage 10 - 95% (non-condensing)
- PoE (RJ-45) Port: Yes
- Input Voltage: 110 V AC
- Input Voltage: 220 V AC
- Power Source: Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply: Yes
Dimensions and Weight
- Height 1.77 inch
- Width 17.52 inch
- Depth 15.20 inch
- Weight 12.73 LBS
- IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1x, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.3ah, IEEE 802.1ab (LLDP), IEEE 802.3a
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C2960S-24PS-L at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.