Configuration and Management of Ethernet Switch
- Connecting to the Switch: The WS-C3750-48TS-S switch can be configured and managed using a console cable, Telnet, or SSH. To connect to the switch using a console cable, connect the cable to the switch's console port and to a computer's serial port. To connect to the switch using Telnet or SSH, connect to the switch's IP address using a terminal emulator program.
- Initial Configuration: Once connected to the switch, the initial configuration can be performed using the setup command. This command will guide you through the process of configuring basic settings such as the hostname, IP address, and password.
- Basic Switch Configuration: Once the initial configuration is complete, the switch can be configured with basic settings such as VLANs, port security, and Quality of Service (QoS). This can be done through the command line interface (CLI) or through the web-based interface (WebUI).
- Advanced Switch Configuration: The switch also supports advanced features such as stacking, wireless LAN controllers, and network security. These features can be configured through the CLI or WebUI.
- Monitoring and Management: The switch can be monitored and managed using the Cisco Network Assistant or the Cisco Prime Network Control System. These tools provide real-time monitoring of switch performance, traffic statistics, and other network information.
- Firmware Upgrade: The switch's firmware can be upgraded through the CLI or WebUI. It's recommended to make sure to download the most recent version of firmware from the cisco website and to backup the current configuration before upgrading.
- Backing Up and Restoring Configuration: It's important to regularly backup the switch's configuration to avoid losing important settings in case of a failure. The configuration can be backed up through the CLI or WebUI and can be restored in case of a failure.
- Troubleshooting: The switch includes diagnostic tools such as the show command, which can be used to troubleshoot issues with the switch's configuration and performance. The switch also includes a built-in syslog server, which can be used to collect log information for further analysis.
Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Rack-mountable Switch
- Check the connectivity of the switch: Verify that the switch is properly connected to the network and that all cables are securely plugged in.
- Check the status of the switch: Use the show interface command to check the status of the switch ports. If a port is in a down state, check the cable and make sure it is properly connected.
- Check the switch configuration: Use the show running-config command to check the switch configuration. Make sure that the switch is configured correctly and that all settings are correct.
- Check the switch logs: Use the show logging command to check the switch logs. This can provide information on any errors or issues that may have occurred on the switch.
- Perform a software upgrade: Upgrade the switch software to the latest version to ensure that the switch is running the latest features and bug fixes.
- Check the power supply: Check the power supply of the switch. If the switch is not receiving enough power, it may cause issues with the switch's operation.
- Check for hardware failures: Check for any hardware failures on the switch. If there is a hardware failure, the switch may need to be replaced.
- Backup the switch configuration: Make a backup of the switch configuration. This can be used to restore the switch configuration if it becomes necessary.
- Perform a factory reset: If all other troubleshooting steps fail, perform a factory reset on the switch. This will erase all configurations and restore the switch to its default settings.
- Regularly inspect and clean the switch: Regularly inspect and clean the switch to ensure it's free from dust, debris and any other materials that could cause hardware failure.
Advanced Features of 48 Port Ethernet Switch
- StackWise Technology: The WS-C3750-48TS-S switch uses StackWise technology, which enables it to be stacked with up to 9 other Cisco switches for increased scalability and redundancy.
- Advanced Quality of Service (QoS): The switch includes advanced Quality of Service (QoS) capabilities, which allow for the prioritization of network traffic and improved application performance.
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE): The switch supports Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) standards, which help to reduce power consumption and lower energy costs.
- IPv4 and IPv6 Support: The switch supports both IPv4 and IPv6 network protocols, allowing for easy integration with existing networks and future-proofing for new technologies.
- Advanced Security: The switch includes advanced security features such as Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) integration and TrustSec technology, which provide enhanced network protection against threats and unauthorized access.
- Layer 3 Routing Capabilities: The switch supports advanced Layer 3 routing capabilities, which allow for efficient network traffic routing and increased scalability.
- Flexible Netflow: The switch supports Flexible Netflow, which allows for the collection and analysis of network traffic data for improved network visibility and security.
- Application Visibility and Control (AVC): The switch includes Application Visibility and Control (AVC) capabilities, which allow for the monitoring and control of network traffic based on applications, protocols, and users.
- Cisco DNA Center Integration: The switch can be integrated with Cisco DNA Center, which provides a centralized platform for managing and automating network operations.
- EnergyWise Technology: The switch includes EnergyWise technology, which allows for the monitoring and management of energy consumption in the network.
Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
Product Line: Catalyst
Product Series: 3750
Product Model: 3750-48TS-S
Product Name: Catalyst 3750-48TS Ethernet Switch
Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Interfaces / Ports:
Total Number of Network Ports: 48
Number of Stack Ports: 2
Stack Port: Yes
Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 48
Port/Expansion Slot Details: 48 x Fast Ethernet Network
Port/Expansion Slot Details: 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
Twisted Pair Cable Standard: Category 5
Ethernet Technology: Fast Ethernet
Network Technology: 10Base-T
Network Technology: 10/100Base-TX
Number of Total Expansion Slots: 4
Expansion Slot Type: SFP
Number of SFP Slots: 4
Network & Communication
Layer Supported: 3
Standard Memory: 128 MB
Flash Memory: 16 MB
MTBF: 217824 Hour
Dimensions and Weight
Height: 1.7 Inch
Width: 17.5 Inch
Depth: 11.8 Inch
Weight: 9.10 LBS
Input Voltage: 110 V AC
Input Voltage: 220 V AC
Power Source: Power Supply
Redundant Power Supply: Yes
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.