Performance and Throughput Capabilities
The WS-C4507R-E-S2+96V Cisco Catalyst Switch Chassis has high performance and throughput capabilities to meet the demands of large enterprise networks. Some of the key performance and throughput features of the switch include:
- High Switching Capacity: The switch has a high switching capacity of up to 320 Gbps, allowing it to handle large amounts of network traffic with ease.
- Fast Forwarding Engine: The switch features a fast forwarding engine that processes network traffic at high speeds, helping to minimize network delays and improve overall network performance.
- Large Buffer Pool: The switch has a large buffer pool that helps to prevent network congestion by temporarily storing network packets during periods of high network traffic.
- High Port Density: The switch has a high port density of up to 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, allowing it to accommodate a large number of network devices and users.
- High Availability: The switch has high availability features, such as redundant power supplies and fans, that help to ensure continuous network operation even in the event of hardware failures.
High Availability and Redundancy
The WS-C4507R-E-S2+96V Cisco Catalyst Switch Chassis has several high availability and redundancy features to ensure that the network remains up and running even in the event of hardware failures. Some of the key features include:
- Redundant Power Supplies: The switch has the option to install redundant power supplies, which helps to ensure continuous operation even if one power supply fails.
- Redundant Fans: The switch has redundant fans that help to keep the switch cool and ensure continuous operation even if one fan fails.
- Hot-Swappable Modules: The switch has hot-swappable modules, which means that modules can be replaced without shutting down the switch, further improving network uptime.
- High Availability Stacking: The switch supports high availability stacking, which allows multiple switches to be connected and managed as a single entity. In the event of a switch failure, network traffic is automatically redirected to other switches in the stack, helping to ensure continuous network operation.
- Routing Protocol Redundancy: The switch supports routing protocol redundancy, which helps to ensure that network routes are always available and up-to-date, even in the event of a failure.
Network Scalability and Flexibility
The WS-C4507R-E-S2+96V Cisco Catalyst Switch Chassis is a highly scalable and flexible switch designed to meet the demands of growing networks. With its support for a large number of interfaces and high-speed connections, the switch provides ample capacity to handle large amounts of network traffic.
One of the key features of the WS-C4507R-E-S2+96V Cisco Catalyst Switch Chassis is its ability to provide network scalability and flexibility. This is achieved through its support for a variety of network protocols and topologies, as well as its ability to easily integrate with existing networks. With its support for features such as VLANs, link aggregation, and Quality of Service (QoS), the switch is able to adapt to changing network requirements and provide a high level of performance and reliability.
Additionally, the switch is designed with high availability and redundancy in mind, ensuring that network services remain up and running even in the event of a failure. Features such as redundant power supplies, hot-swappable components, and resiliency protocols like Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) help to provide robust network availability and minimize downtime.
General Information for Cisco WS-C4507R-E-S2+96V
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number WS-C4507R-E-S2+96V
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Line Catalyst
- Product Series 4500
- Product Model 4507R-E
- Product Name Catalyst 4507R-E Switch Chassis
- Product Type Switch Chassis
- Expansion Slot Type Supervisor Engine
- Expansion Slot Type Switching Module
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported 4
Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- SNMP v1,2c
- IEEE 802.1p QoS
- IEEE 802.1Q VLAN
- Cisco Network Assistant
- Web-based Management
- CiscoWorks Resource Manager
- CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution
- PoE (RJ-45) Port Yes
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Yes
Please contact us over the phone or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the estimated time of arrival for any "lead time required" item.
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.