More Information of this Item
The WS-C4900M Cisco Catalyst 4900M is a switch designed for enterprise and service provider environments. It has 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GBase-X) ports and 8 Fast Ethernet ports. The switch is a member of the Cisco Catalyst 4900 series, which is known for its high performance, reliability, and security features. The switch supports advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS), Access Control Lists (ACLs), and Virtual LANs (VLANs). Additionally, it supports power over Ethernet (PoE) which allow you to power devices over the Ethernet cables, reducing the need for dedicated power supplies. The 4900M series is also built to be serviceable, allowing for easy replacement of power supplies, fans and other components, reducing downtime.
The WS-C4900M Cisco Catalyst 4900M Switch is designed to provide high performance and density for use in data center and other high-bandwidth environments.
The switch has a forwarding rate of up to 140 Gbps, which means that it can handle a high amount of network traffic without experiencing significant delays or bottlenecks. Additionally, it has a switching capacity of 280 Gbps, which means that it can forward and process packets at a high rate without slowing down the network.
The switch also supports jumbo frames of up to 9216 bytes which can help to increase the amount of data that can be transported across the network in a single frame.
In terms of memory, the model Cisco Catalyst 4900M Switch has 4GB of DRAM and 4GB of flash memory which is sufficient for storing the Operating System and configuration files as well as providing buffer for frames.
Another performance feature that the switch includes is LACP (Link Aggregation Control Protocol) and EtherChannel support, which allows multiple physical links to be grouped together to form a single logical link. This increases the bandwidth available for a particular connection and improves network redundancy by providing multiple paths for data to flow.
Benefits of Layer 3 Switch
A Layer 3 switch is a type of switch that can perform routing functions in addition to switching. The benefits of using a Layer 3 switch include:
- Increased network efficiency: By providing routing capabilities, a Layer 3 switch allows for more efficient use of network resources, as traffic can be directed to the most appropriate destination without the need for it to pass through a separate router.
- Improved network scalability: A Layer 3 switch allows for the creation of multiple broadcast domains, which can help to reduce network congestion and improve scalability.
- Enhanced security: A Layer 3 switch allows for the implementation of access control lists (ACLs) and virtual LANs (VLANs), which can be used to improve network security by controlling access to network resources.
- Simplified network management: By incorporating routing functions into the switch, a Layer 3 switch can simplify network management and make it easier to add, modify, or remove network devices without disrupting network traffic.
- Cost-effective: By eliminating the need for a separate router, a Layer 3 switch can save on costs and reduce the complexity of network design. It also can combine routing and switching features which save on equipment and cabling costs.
- High-performance: Layer 3 switches usually have specialized hardware and software for routing, which means that they can perform routing functions faster than traditional routers, leading to increased network performance.
General Information about this Cisco WS-C4900M
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# WS-C4900M
- Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Series: 4900
- Product Type: Layer 3 Switch
Technical Specifications for 8 Ports Switch
- Ports: Switch 8 ports L3 Managed
- Enclosure Type: Rack-mountable 2U
- Subtype: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- MAC Address Table Size: 55K entries
- Processor: 1: 1.3 GHz
- Status Indicators: Port status, power, system
I/O Expansions of L3 Managed Switch
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 11
- Expansion Slot Type: X2
Network & Communication of Slots-11 Ethernet Switch
- Layer Supported: 3
- Layer 3 switching, layer 2 switching, BOOTP support, VLAN support, IGMP snooping, Broadcast Storm Control, IPv6 support, Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP) support, Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) support, Quality of Service (QoS), Jumbo Frames support
Management & Protocols
- Routing Protocol: RIP-1, RIP-2, EIGRP, static IP routing
- Remote Management Protocol: SNMP 1, SNMP 2, RMON 1, RMON 2, RMON 3, RMON 9, Telnet, SNMP 3
- Manageable: Yes
- SNMP v1,2,3
- Web based management
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 10 - 90%
- Standard Memory: 512 MB
- Memory Technology: SDRAM
- Memory Card Supported: Compact Flash (CF) Card
Dimension and Weight
- Height: 3.5 Inch
- Width: 17.2 Inch
- Depth: 17.9 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 25 LBS
- Compliant Standards: NEBS level 3, CISPR 22 Class A, CISPR 24, EN 60950, EN 61000-3-2, EN50082, EN55022, VCCI Class A ITE, IEC 60950, EN 61000-3-3, EN55024, EN55022 Class A, UL 60950, CSA 22.2 No. 60950, EN 61000-6-1, AS/NZS 60950-1, ICES-003 Class A, FCC Part 15 A
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C4900M at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.