More Specifications of 48 Ports Switch
The WS-C4948-10GE-S Cisco Catalyst 4948 is a high-performance 48-port Ethernet switch that is designed for use in data centers, enterprise networks, and service provider environments. It offers a wide range of features and benefits that can help to improve the performance, scalability, and manageability of your network.
- High-speed connectivity: The switch has 48 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports, providing high-speed connectivity for devices such as servers, storage systems, and other network devices.
- Scalability: The switch supports Cisco StackWise technology, which allows you to connect multiple switches together to create a single, logical switch with up to 9 terabits per second of throughput.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports advanced QoS features such as traffic prioritization, bandwidth control, and congestion management, which can help to ensure that important traffic such as voice and video is given priority over less important traffic.
High-Performance of Switch
The WS-C4948-10GE-S is a Cisco Catalyst switch that provides 48 ports of 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. It is designed for high-performance networking environments and supports features such as VLANs, QoS, and advanced security. Additionally, it is equipped with a redundant power supply and fans for increased reliability. It is also capable of using Cisco's IOS-XE software for advanced network management and control. It is a fixed switch and suitable for a large enterprise network.
The WS-C4948-10GE-S Cisco Catalyst switch is designed for high reliability in networking environments. It features redundant power supplies and fans to ensure that the switch continues to operate even in the event of a power or cooling failure. Additionally, it supports features such as link aggregation and virtual port-channels to increase network availability by providing redundancy and load balancing. This switch also supports Cisco's IOS-XE software which allows for advanced network management and control, including the ability to configure and monitor the switch remotely, and also can detect and recover from some of the hardware failures.
General Information WS-C4948-10GE-S
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- MPN: WS-C4948-10GE-S
- Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Series: 4900
- Product Model: 4948
- Product Name: Catalyst 4948 10GE Managed Layer 3 Ethernet Switch
- Product Type: Layer 3 Switch
- SKU: WS-C4948-10GE-S
Interfaces / Ports:
- Total Number of Network Ports: 48
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 48
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 48 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 2
- Expansion Slot Type: X2
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 4
Management & Protocols
- Manageable: Yes
- Cisco Network Assistant
- Cisco SmartPort macros
- SNMPv1, v2, and v3 instrumentation, delivering comprehensive in-band management
- CLI-based management console to provide detailed out-of-band management
- Remote Monitoring (RMON) software agent
- Per VLAN Spanning Tree (PVST) and VLAN IDs: 4096
- QoS and Traffic Management:
- Per-port QoS configuration
- Support for four queues per port
- Strict priority queuing
- IP differentiated services code point (DSCP)
- Classification and marking based on IP type of service (ToS) or DSCP
- Classification and marking based on full Layer 3 and Layer 4 headers
- Input and output policing based on Layer 3 and Layer 4 headers
- Support for 512 policers on ingress and 512 policers on egress
- Shaping and sharing output queue management
- DBL-congestion-avoidance feature
- No performance penalty for granular QoS functions
- Per-port, per-vlan QoS
- Standard Memory: 256 MB
- Memory Technology: SDRAM
- Flash Memory: 64 MB
- Power Source: Power Supply
Dimension & Weight
- Height: 1.8 Inch
- Width: 17.5 Inch
- Depth: 16 Inch
- Weight: 17.20 Lbs
- Additional Information
- Power-Supply Redundancy for Nonstop Operation
- Robust Network Security
- Switch heat dissipation: 1023 BTU/hour
- Switched Virtual Interfaces (SVIs): 2k
- Storm control
- Hardware-based IP Cisco Express Forwarding routing at 102 mpps
- Policy-based routing (PBR)
- Bandwidth aggregation up to 40 Gbps using Cisco Gigabit Ethernet EtherChannel technology
- Support for 55,000 unicast and 16000 multicast MAC addresses
- Security Features:
- Hardware-based ACLs, router ACLs (RACLs), VLAN ACLs
- TACACS+ and RADIUS
- 802.1x accounting
- 802.1x authentication failure
- 802.1x Private VLAN assignment Port security
- Sticky port security
- SSHv1 and SSHv2
- VLAN Management Policy Server (VMPS) client
- Unicast MAC filtering
- Unicast port flood blocking
- Dynamic Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) inspection
- IP source guard
- Community Private VLANs
- Trunk Port Security
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-C4948-10GE-S at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.