More Information of this Item
The WS-X4612-SFP-E= is a line card for the Cisco Catalyst 4500 E-Series switch. It provides 12 Gigabit Ethernet ports for connecting devices to the network, and it supports SFP (small form-factor pluggable) transceiver modules for fiber optic connectivity. This allows for high-speed, long-distance communications and provides flexibility in terms of the types of fiber optic cables that can be used.
The Cisco Catalyst 4500 E-Series switch is a high-performance, modular switch designed for use in enterprise-level networks. It is a scalable platform that can be used to build large, reliable networks that can handle a variety of applications, including data, voice, and video.
This model line card is a high-density line card, it is a cost-effective solution for organizations that need to connect a large number of devices to their network, or for those that need to upgrade their existing networks to support higher speeds and better performance.
Performance and Reliability
The WS-X4612-SFP-E= Cisco Catalyst 4500 E-Series 12-Ports Line Card is designed to provide high performance and reliability in enterprise-level networks. The line card offers a number of features that contribute to its performance, including:
- Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet support: The line card can be configured to support different speeds, allowing it to meet the needs of different types of network traffic.
- Quality of Service (QoS): This feature allows the line card to prioritize different types of network traffic, which can help to ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): This feature allows multiple physical interfaces to be bundled together to form a single logical interface, increasing bandwidth and providing redundancy.
- SFP transceiver module support: The line card can support SFP transceiver modules, which allow for fiber optic connectivity. Fiber optic cable can provide faster speeds and longer distances than copper cable, which can help to improve overall network performance.
In terms of reliability, the model Cisco Catalyst 4500 E-Series 12-Ports Line Card is built to provide a high level of availability, with features such as:
- Redundant power supply support: The line card can be used with a redundant power supply, which can help to ensure that it stays online even if one power supply fails.
- Hot-swappable design: The line card can be removed and replaced without shutting down the entire switch, which can minimize downtime.
- Error-correcting code (ECC) memory: The line card uses ECC memory, which can detect and correct errors, helping to prevent data corruption and improve overall reliability.
- Built-in diagnostics: The line card includes built-in diagnostics, which can help to identify and troubleshoot issues more quickly, minimizing downtime.
The WS-X4612-SFP-E= Cisco Catalyst 4500 E-Series 12-Ports Line Card is designed to comply with a variety of industry standards.
In terms of networking standards, the line card supports IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad and IEEE 802.3ae standards for Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. It also supports SFP transceiver modules, which adhere to the SFF-8472 standard for fiber optic transceivers.
In terms of security standards, the line card supports IEEE 802.1x for network access control, and it also supports advanced security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) to provide secure connectivity for remote users.
In terms of management standards, the line card supports SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) for monitoring and managing the device remotely, and it also supports RMON (Remote Monitoring) for monitoring network traffic.
In terms of environmental standards, the line card is compliant with RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) and WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) standards, which are designed to reduce the environmental impact of electronic devices.
Furthermore, the Cisco Catalyst 4500 E-Series switch that the line card is part of, has been designed to meet a number of standards such as UL (Underwriters Laboratories), CE Marking (Conformité Européene), and FCC (Federal Communications Commission) standards for safety and electromagnetic compatibility, ensuring that the device can be deployed in a variety of environments.
General Information about this Cisco WS-X4612-SFP-E=
- Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
- MPN: WS-X4612-SFP-E=
- Product Name: WS-X4612-SFP-E Line Card
- Product Type: Service Module
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
- Application/Usage: Optical Network
- Expansion Slots: 12 x SFP (mini-GBIC)
- Operating temperature: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 167°F (-40° to 75°C)
- Relative humidity: 10 to 90%, noncondensing
- Operating altitude: -60 to 3000m
Dimension & Weight
- Form Factor: Hot-pluggable
- Height: 1.2 Inch
- Width: 14.3 Inch
- Depth: 10.8 Inch
- Cisco Catalyst 4500E Series Switche
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-X4612-SFP-E= at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.