Detail Information of Service Module
The WS-X4748-SFP-E is a Cisco Ethernet service module that provides 48 ports of Gigabit Ethernet connectivity. It is designed to be used with Cisco Catalyst 4500 series switches and can be installed in the module slot of the switch. The module supports SFP (small form-factor pluggable) transceivers, which allows for a variety of fiber and copper connectivity options. The module also supports advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS), Access Control Lists (ACLs), and Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP). The "E" in the model number indicates that this module is "enhanced" version with more advanced features compared to the base version.
Benefits and Features
The WS-X4748-SFP-E Cisco Ethernet 48 ports service module provides a variety of benefits and features for enterprise networks. Some of these include:
- High-density Gigabit Ethernet connectivity: The module provides 48 ports of Gigabit Ethernet connectivity in a single module, which can be used to connect a large number of devices to the network.
- SFP support: The module supports SFP (small form-factor pluggable) transceivers, which allows for a variety of fiber and copper connectivity options. This allows the network administrator to choose the best type of connectivity for a given situation.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The module supports advanced QoS features, such as traffic shaping and prioritization, which can be used to ensure that critical network traffic is given priority over less important traffic.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The module supports ACLs, which can be used to secure the network by restricting access to specific network resources.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): The module supports LACP, which can be used to bundle multiple physical links together to form a single logical link. This can increase the bandwidth and redundancy of the network.
- Additional features: The module also support features like Jumbo Frame, 802.1x Port-Based Authentication, IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and more.
- Enhanced Feature: The "E" in the model number indicates that this module is "enhanced" version with more advanced features compared to the base version.
Resiliency and High Availability
The WS-X4748-SFP-E Cisco Ethernet 48 ports service module supports several resiliency and high availability features that help ensure that the network remains operational even in the event of a failure. Some of these features include:
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): The module supports LACP, which can be used to bundle multiple physical links together to form a single logical link. This can increase the bandwidth and redundancy of the network. In the event of a failure of one link, traffic can be redirected over the remaining links to maintain connectivity.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): The module supports STP, which helps prevent network loops by automatically shutting down redundant links. This can help ensure that there is always a loop-free path for network traffic, even in the event of a failure.
- Hot-swappable design: The module is designed to be hot-swappable, which means that it can be replaced without having to power down the switch. This can help minimize downtime in the event of a failure.
- Redundant power supply: If the switch is configured with a redundant power supply, the module will continue to operate in the event of a power supply failure, thus providing additional resiliency to the network.
- High-Availability features like NSF/SSO and SSO-HA can also be configured to increase the availability of the network.
General Information about this Cisco WS-X4748-SFP-E
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# WS-X4748-SFP-E
- Product Line: Catalyst
- Product Type: Service Module
Technical Information for 48 Ports Module
- Total Number of Ports: 48
- Application/Usage: Data Networking
- Application/Usage: Optical Network
- Enclosure Type : Plug-in module
- Subtype : Gigabit Ethernet
- Ports : 48 x Gigabit SFP
- Expansion Slots: 48 x SFP (mini-GBIC)
Features of Service Module
- Cisco Gigabit EtherChannel, Port Aggregation Protocol (PAgP) support,
- Jumbo Frames support, Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
- IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP),
- IEEE 802.1ae, IEEE 802.3az
- 1000BASE-X (GBIC), 1000BASE-SX, 1000BASE-LX/LH, 1000BASE-ZX, CWDM EtherChannel Technology:
- Gigabit EtherChannel: All 1000 Mbps ports
- 10 Gigabit EtherChannel: All 10Gbps ports
- IEEE 802.3ad (Link Aggregation Control Protocol): All 1000 Mbps ports
- Port Aggregation Protocol (PagP): Yes
- Number of ports per tuple: 8
- EtherChannel and IEEE 802.3ad technology across line cards: Yes
- Compatibility Cisco Catalyst 4500E Series Switches
- Min Operating Temperature : 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature : 104 °F
- Humidity Range Operating : 10 - 90% (non-condensing)
- Min Storage Temperature : -40 °F
- Max Storage Temperature : 167 °F
Dimensions & Weight
- Form Factor: Hot-swappable
- Height: 1.2 Inch
- Width: 14.3 Inch
- Depth: 10.8 Inch
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-X4748-SFP-E at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.