Advanced Switching Features and Technologies of Interface Module
he WS-X6148-GE-TX Cisco Catalyst 48 Ports Switching Module is a high-performance switching module that provides advanced features and technologies for efficient network management and operation. Some of the key advanced switching features and technologies of this module include:
- Quality of Service (QoS): The WS-X6148-GE-TX supports advanced QoS features such as traffic shaping, prioritization, and congestion management to ensure that critical applications and services receive the necessary bandwidth and resources.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): The module supports LACP, which allows for automatic configuration of link aggregation groups (LAGs) to increase bandwidth and provide redundancy.
- Virtual LANs (VLANs): The module supports VLANs, which allow for segmentation of the network into multiple logical networks, providing increased security and improved traffic management.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): The module supports STP, which prevents loops in the network by automatically blocking certain ports to create a loop-free topology.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The module supports ACLs, which provide granular control over network traffic by allowing administrators to create rules to permit or deny traffic based on specific criteria.
- Security: The module supports advanced security features such as 802.1X port-based authentication and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) snooping to help protect the network from unauthorized access and malicious attacks.
- Management and Monitoring: The module supports advanced management and monitoring features such as Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) and CiscoWorks management software to provide detailed information on the performance and status of the network.
Implementing Spanning Tree Protocol
The Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) is a network protocol that helps prevent loops and broadcast storms in a network by creating a loop-free topology. The WS-X6148-GE-TX Cisco Catalyst 48 Ports Switching Module supports the implementation of STP.
To implement STP on the WS-X6148-GE-TX, the following steps can be taken:
- Configure the switch as the root bridge: The switch that is configured as the root bridge will be responsible for sending out Bridge Protocol Data Units (BPDUs) and determining the best path for data to travel through the network.
- Configure the switch ports: Each port on the switch can be configured as either a root port or a designated port. Root ports are the ports that are connected to the root bridge, while designated ports are the ports that are connected to other switches.
- Configure the STP timers: STP uses timers such as the hello timer and the forward delay timer to determine when a switch should send out BPDUs and when it should transition a port from blocking to forwarding state.
- Enable STP on the switch: Once the switch has been configured as the root bridge, the ports have been configured, and the timers have been set, STP can be enabled on the switch.
- Verify the STP configuration: The configuration can be verified by checking the status of the ports and ensuring that they are in the correct state. Additionally, the switch can be checked to ensure that it is sending out BPDUs.
By following these steps, the WS-X6148-GE-TX Cisco Catalyst 48 Ports Switching Module can successfully implement the Spanning Tree Protocol, ensuring a loop-free topology and preventing broadcast storms.
Network management and security of Catalyst Switch
The WS-X6148-GE-TX Cisco Catalyst 48 Ports Switching Module is a powerful and reliable network switch that can be used to manage and secure large enterprise networks. The following are some key features and capabilities of this switch that are relevant to network management and security:
- VLAN Support: The WS-X6148-GE-TX supports up to 4,096 VLANs, which allows for the creation of multiple isolated network segments within a single switch. This can be used to segment networks for security and management purposes, such as creating separate VLANs for different departments or user groups.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports advanced QoS features, such as traffic shaping and prioritization, which can be used to ensure that critical applications and services receive the necessary bandwidth and low latency.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The WS-X6148-GE-TX supports ACLs, which can be used to control and restrict network access based on various criteria, such as IP address, MAC address, or protocol. This can be used to implement security policies and prevent unauthorized access to the network.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): The switch supports LACP, which can be used to bundle multiple physical links into a single logical link for increased bandwidth and redundancy. This can be used to improve network availability and reduce the impact of link failures.
- Network Management: The WS-X6148-GE-TX can be managed and configured using a variety of tools, such as the Cisco IOS command-line interface, the Cisco Network Assistant, or a web-based interface. This allows for easy and centralized management of the switch and the network as a whole.
Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number WS-X6148-GE-TX
Brand Name Cisco
Product Name 48-Port Interface Module for 6500
Product Type Interface Module
Interface Type 10/100/1000Base-T
Number of Ports/Channels 48
Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches
Application/Usage Data Networking
Interfaces/Ports 48 x 10/100/1000Base-T LAN
48 x RJ-45 10/100/1000Base-T Network LAN
48 x RJ-45 100/1000Base-T LAN
Category 6 STP/UTP 10/100/1000Base-T
Category 5 UTP 10/100/1000Base-T
Certifications & Standards-
Distance Supported 328.08 ft Category 5 UTP
Memory 128 MB Buffer Memory Per Port
Data Transfer Rate-
10 Mbps Ethernet
100 Mbps Fast Ethernet
1 Gbps Gigabit Ethernet
About Refurbished Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.