Scalable and High-Performance
The WS-X6248A-TEL Cisco Catalyst 6000 48 Ports Ethernet Switching Module is a high-performance and scalable switch module that is designed for use in enterprise networks. It provides 48 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports, which allow for high-speed data transfer and support for a large number of connected devices. The module supports advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS), which allows for prioritization of different types of network traffic, and VLANs, which enable the creation of virtual networks within a single physical network. Additionally, the module supports Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP), which allows for the bundling of multiple physical links to form a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy.
The module also supports the Cisco IOS Software, which allows for easy management and configuration of the switch. This software provides a wide range of features such as security, network management, and troubleshooting tools. The module also supports a variety of protocols, including IPv4, IPv6, and MPLS, which makes it versatile and adaptable to different network environments.
Quality of Service (QoS) Support
The WS-X6248A-TEL Cisco Catalyst 6000 48 Ports Ethernet Switching Module supports Quality of Service (QoS) features that allow network administrators to prioritize different types of network traffic. This ensures that critical traffic such as voice or video is given priority over less important traffic such as file downloads. This helps to ensure that important applications and services have the necessary bandwidth and low latency to function properly.
The module supports a variety of QoS features such as:
- Class-Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ) - This allows for the configuration of different queues for different types of traffic, with each queue having a specific bandwidth allocation.
- Low Latency Queuing (LLQ) - This feature allows for the configuration of a priority queue for critical traffic such as voice or video.
- Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED) - This feature helps to prevent network congestion by randomly dropping packets when the network becomes overloaded.
- Traffic Shaping and Policing - This feature allows for the control of the rate at which traffic is sent, ensuring that the network is not overwhelmed with traffic.
- IPv4 and IPv6 Quality of Service (QoS) - The module supports both IPv4 and IPv6 Quality of Service (QoS) which makes it versatile and adaptable to different network environments.
These QoS features can be configured through the Cisco IOS software, which allows for easy management and configuration of the switch.
Security and management
The WS-X6248A-TEL Cisco Catalyst 6000 48 Ports Ethernet Switching Module provides a variety of security and management features to help protect and manage enterprise networks.
In terms of security, the module supports features such as:
- Access Control Lists (ACLs) - This allows network administrators to create and implement rules that restrict access to specific network resources based on the source and destination IP addresses, ports, and protocols.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) - This feature allows for secure remote access to the network through the use of encryption.
- IEEE 802.1X Network Login - This feature allows for the authentication of devices before they are allowed to access the network.
- Secure Shell (SSH) - This feature provides secure remote access to the switch's command-line interface (CLI) through the use of encryption.
In terms of management, the module supports features such as:
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) - This allows for the monitoring and management of the switch through the use of network management systems.
- Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) - This allows for the automatic discovery of Cisco devices on the network.
- Remote monitoring (RMON) - This feature allows for the monitoring of network traffic and statistics.
- Cisco IOS Software - This provides a wide range of features such as security, network management, and troubleshooting tools, allowing for easy management and configuration of the switch.
General Information:Manufacturer: Cisco Systems, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number: WS-X6248A-TEL
Brand Name: Cisco
Product Model: WS-X6248A-TEL
Product Name: 48-Port Ethernet Switching Module
Product Type: Switching Module
Application/Usage: Switching Network
Interfaces/Ports: 48 x 10/100Base-TX
Interfaces/Ports Details: 48 x RJ-21 10/100Base-TX Auto-sensing
Interfaces/Ports Details: 4 x RJ-21 Connector
Media & Performance
Connectivity Media: Category 5 or higher UTP 10/100Base-TX
Connectivity Media: Category 3 UTP 10Base-T
Connectivity Media: FTP
Data Transfer Rate: 10 Mbps Ethernet Half/Full-duplex
Data Transfer Rate: 100 Mbps Fast Ethernet Half/Full-duplex
Compatibility: Cisco Catalyst 6500 Chassis
Cisco Catalyst 6000 Chassis
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.