Performance of Catalyst 6500 Module
The WS-X6548-GE-45AF is a module for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switch. It is a 48-port Gigabit Ethernet module that provides high-performance connectivity for wired devices in a network. It provides 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports with a maximum data transfer rate of 1 Gbps per port.
The module is designed to work with the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switch, which is a high-performance, modular switch that is often used in enterprise networks and large data centers. The module is inserted into a slot on the switch and provides additional ports for connecting devices.
The module is built to support high-performance networking features like Quality of Service (QoS) and VLANs, which allow for more efficient use of network bandwidth and better security. It also supports advanced security features like access control lists (ACLs) and port security, which can be used to restrict access to the network and protect against unauthorized access.
Additionally, this module support the following features:
- Jumbo frames: This feature allows for larger packet sizes, which can improve performance in some situations.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) and Port Aggregation Protocol (PAgP): These protocols allow multiple physical ports to be combined into a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy.
- Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE): This feature reduces power consumption during periods of low network activity.
In summary, this part is a high-performance Gigabit Ethernet module for the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switch that provides 48 ports with advanced features and capabilities to meet the needs of large-scale enterprise networks and data centers.
Features and Benefits
The WS-X6548-GE-45AF is a Cisco Catalyst 6500 48-port Ethernet module. It is designed to be used with the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches, which are high-performance enterprise-level switches.
The module has 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, and it supports a number of advanced features, including:
- Quality of Service (QoS): Allows you to prioritize different types of network traffic to ensure that mission-critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- Virtual LANs (VLANs): Allows you to segment your network into multiple virtual networks, providing increased security and improved network management.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): Allows you to bundle multiple physical ports together to form a single logical link, providing increased bandwidth and redundancy.
- Jumbo frames: Allows you to increase the maximum frame size from the standard 1,518 bytes to 9,216 bytes, which can improve performance for certain types of traffic.
The module also supports Cisco's Flexible NetFlow (FNF) technology, which allows you to collect and analyze detailed network flow information for security, performance, and troubleshooting purposes.
The benefits of using this product module in a Cisco Catalyst 6500 switch include:
- High port density: With 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, the module provides a high port density that is ideal for high-bandwidth applications and large-scale networks.
- Scalability: The module can be used in conjunction with other Cisco Catalyst 6500 series modules to create a scalable, high-performance network infrastructure.
- Advanced features: The module supports a number of advanced features that are essential for enterprise-level networks, such as QoS, VLANs, LACP, and FNF.
- Reliability: The module is built with high-quality components and is designed to operate in a variety of different environments, making it a reliable choice for enterprise networks.
The WS-X6548-GE-45AF is a Cisco Catalyst 6500 48-port Ethernet module. It is designed to be used with the Cisco Catalyst 6500 series switches, which are high-performance, enterprise-level switches. It has 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports and supports advanced features like Quality of Service (QoS) for network traffic prioritization, Virtual LANs (VLANs) for network segmentation, Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) for increased bandwidth and redundancy, and Jumbo frames for improved performance for certain types of traffic. It also supports Cisco's Flexible NetFlow (FNF) technology for detailed network flow analysis for security, performance, and troubleshooting.
Using this module in a Cisco Catalyst 6500 switch offers benefits like high port density, scalability, advanced features and reliability which are ideal for large-scale, high-bandwidth enterprise networks.
General Information about this Cisco WS-X6548-GE-45AF
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# WS-X6548-GE-45AF
- Product Name: Gigabit Ethernet Classic Interface Module
- Product Type: Switching Module
Key Features for 48 Ports Switching Module
- Total number of Network Ports Qty: 48 Ports
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Form Factor: Plug-in module
Performance for Classic Interface Module
- Cabling Typy: Ethernet 10Base-T, Ethernet 1000Base-TX, Ethernet 100Base-TX
- Data Link Protocol Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate 1 Gbps
- Status Indicators Link activity, status
- Features Full duplex capability, power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Snmp 1
- Snmp 2
- Rmon 1
- Rmon 2
- Rmon 3
- Rmon 9
- Snmp 3
- IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3z, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1s
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 1.2 Inch
- Width: 14 Inch
- Depth: 16 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 15 LBS
- Catalyst 6500, 6503, 6506, 6506 chassis, 6509, 6509 chassis, 6509-NEB, 6513
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.