Troubleshooting and Maintenance of Switch
The WS-X6548-RJ-45 is a Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switch module that has 48 ports for connecting devices. It is a popular module for use in enterprise network environments.
Troubleshooting the WS-X6548-RJ-45 module may involve checking for hardware or software issues. Common issues include:
- Port status not showing as "up" or "down"
- High CPU or memory usage
- Loss of connectivity or slow network performance
- Error messages or logs indicating a problem
To troubleshoot the module, you can use the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI) to check the status of the ports and the module's resources. The "show interfaces" and "show processes" commands can provide information about the status of the ports and the module's CPU and memory usage.
Maintenance for the WS-X6548-RJ-45 module may include performing software upgrades, backing up the configuration, and replacing failed components. It is also important to follow best practices for cabling and power to ensure proper operation.
Features and Benefits
The WS-X6548-RJ-45 is a Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switch module that provides 48 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports for connecting devices to the network. It is a popular module for use in enterprise network environments due to its high port density and ability to support high-bandwidth applications.
Some of the key features of the WS-X6548-RJ-45 module include:
- Support for 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet speeds on all ports
- Support for advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS), VLANs, and Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
- Support for Cisco's FlexLink feature, which allows for automatic recovery from link failures
- Support for Cisco's StackWise technology, which allows multiple switch modules to be combined and managed as a single unit
Some of the benefits of using the WS-X6548-RJ-45 module include:
- High port density allows for efficient use of rack space and reduced costs
- Support for high-bandwidth applications such as video and voice over IP
- Support for advanced features allows for better control and management of network traffic
- StackWise technology allows for simplified management and increased scalability
It is also a cost effective solution for Ethernet access and aggregation in enterprise access layer and converged access environment, providing high-performance, non-blocking, line-rate 10/100/1000Mbps throughput and wire-speed performance for both IPv4 and IPv6 traffic.
Power and Energy Efficiency
The WS-X6548-RJ-45 is a Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switch module that provides 48 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports for connecting devices to the network. The module is designed to be energy efficient and consume less power.
The WS-X6548-RJ-45 module supports Cisco EnergyWise, which is a Cisco technology that helps organizations measure, report, and reduce the energy consumed by devices on the network. EnergyWise allows the switch to monitor the power usage of connected devices, and adjust their power levels as needed to reduce energy consumption.
Additionally, the module also supports the IEEE 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) standard, which reduces power consumption during periods of low network activity. This feature allows the switch to enter a low-power idle state when there is no network traffic, reducing energy consumption without affecting network performance.
Furthermore, The WS-X6548-RJ-45 module also supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) and PoE+, allowing it to provide power to devices such as phones, cameras and wireless access points over the Ethernet cables, reducing the need for additional power cabling and outlets.
General Information about this Cisco WS-X6548-RJ-45
- Manufacturer Cisco Systems, Inc
- Manufacturer Part Number WS-X6548-RJ-45
- Brand Name Cisco
- Product Name Switching Module
- Product Type Switching Module
Technical Information for Switching Module
- Application/Usage Switching Network
- Interfaces/Ports 48 x 10/100Base-TX LAN
- Interfaces/Ports Details 48 x RJ-45 Female 10/100Base-TX LAN
Media & Performance
- Connectivity Media Category 5 UTP
- Connectivity Media Category 5e UTP
- Connectivity Media Category 6 UTP
- Connectivity Media 100 ohm STP
- Distance Supported 328 ft Category 5 UTP Full-duplex
- Distance Supported 328 ft Category 5e UTP Full-duplex
- Distance Supported 328 ft Category 6 UTP Full-duplex
- Distance Supported 328 ft 100 ohm STP Full-duplex
- Data Transfer Rate 10 Mbps Ethernet Half/Full-duplex
- Data Transfer Rate 100 Mbps Fast Ethernet Half/Full-duplex
Management & Protocols
- Network Management:
- ETHERLIKE-MIB (RFC 1643)
- IF-MIB (RFC 1573)
- Bridge MIB (RFC 1493)
- RMON MIB (RFC 1757)
- ENTITY-MIB (RFC 2037)
- RFC1213-MIB (MIB-II)
- Protocols TCP/IP
- Protocols STP
- Memory 1 MB Buffer Memory Per Port Installed
- Status Indicators Status
- Link good
- Temperature 32°F (0°C) to 104°F (40°C) Operating
- Temperature -40°F (-40°C) to 167°F (75°C) Storage
- Humidity 10% to 90% Non-condensing Relative Humidity
- Altitude -196.84 ft to 13123.32 ft Operating
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product WS-X6548-RJ-45 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.