Remote Management Protocols
The Cisco 2811 Integrated Service Router (ISR) supports several remote management protocols that enable administrators to manage the router remotely from a central location. These protocols include:
- Telnet: Telnet is a protocol that enables remote access to the router's command-line interface (CLI) over a network. Telnet is an unencrypted protocol and is not recommended for use over the internet due to security concerns.
- Secure Shell (SSH): SSH is a secure protocol that enables remote access to the router's command-line interface (CLI) over a network. SSH uses encryption to protect data in transit and is the preferred protocol for remote access to network devices.
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): SNMP is a protocol used to manage and monitor network devices such as routers, switches, and servers. SNMP allows administrators to remotely monitor router performance, track network traffic, and receive alerts when issues arise.
- Remote Monitoring (RMON): RMON is a protocol that allows network administrators to monitor network performance and troubleshoot issues. RMON provides advanced features such as traffic analysis, packet capture, and event notification.
- Cisco Network Assistant (CNA): CNA is a web-based management tool that allows administrators to manage and configure Cisco devices such as routers and switches. CNA provides a user-friendly interface and supports features such as device discovery, configuration management, and security management.
- Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP): SNTP is a protocol used to synchronize the clocks of network devices. SNTP enables administrators to ensure that all devices on the network have accurate time, which is critical for network performance and security.
Advanced Routing Protocols
The Cisco 2811 Integrated Service Router (ISR) is a versatile router that supports several advanced routing protocols. These protocols enable the router to handle complex network topologies and provide advanced features for optimizing network performance. Some of the advanced routing protocols supported by the Cisco 2811 ISR include:
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP): BGP is an advanced routing protocol used to exchange routing information between different autonomous systems (ASes). BGP is widely used in large enterprise networks and internet service provider (ISP) networks to manage complex routing policies.
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF): OSPF is a popular routing protocol used in IP networks to exchange routing information between routers. OSPF is a link-state routing protocol, which means that routers exchange information about the state of their links, allowing them to build a detailed picture of the network topology.
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP): EIGRP is a Cisco proprietary routing protocol that provides advanced features for optimizing network performance, including fast convergence, load balancing, and support for variable-length subnet masks (VLSMs).
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP): RIP is a simple and widely used routing protocol that enables routers to exchange routing information within a local network. RIP is suitable for small networks with simple topologies, but it may not be suitable for larger networks due to its limitations.
- Intermediate System to Intermediate System (IS-IS): IS-IS is a routing protocol used in large enterprise networks and ISP networks to manage complex routing policies. IS-IS is a link-state routing protocol, similar to OSPF, but it uses a different algorithm to calculate the best path for routing packets.
Managing Router Security
Managing router security is a critical aspect of network administration, and the Cisco 2811 Integrated Service Router (ISR) provides several features to enhance router security. Some of the key security features and best practices for managing router security on the Cisco 2811 ISR include:
- Secure Access: The Cisco 2811 ISR provides several options for secure remote access, including SSH, Telnet with password encryption, and remote authentication using TACACS+ or RADIUS. It is recommended to disable Telnet and enable SSH for secure remote access.
- Password Protection: Setting strong passwords for user accounts and enabling password encryption is critical for securing the router. In addition, it is recommended to use multifactor authentication using TACACS+ or RADIUS for added security.
- Firewall Protection: The Cisco 2811 ISR includes a built-in firewall that provides protection against unauthorized access and denial of service (DoS) attacks. It is recommended to configure the firewall to block all incoming traffic except for required services.
- Network Address Translation (NAT): NAT is a feature that enables the router to hide private IP addresses from the public internet. NAT provides an additional layer of security by preventing direct access to internal network resources.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): ACLs are a feature that enables the router to control access to network resources by filtering traffic based on source and destination IP addresses, protocols, and ports. It is recommended to configure ACLs to block all unauthorized traffic.
- Regular Firmware Updates: Keeping the router firmware up to date is critical for maintaining router security. Firmware updates often include security patches and bug fixes that address known vulnerabilities.
- Physical Security: Physical security is critical for securing the router. The router should be located in a secure area and access should be restricted to authorized personnel only.
General Information about this Cisco CISCO2811
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# CISCO2811
- Product Series 2800
- Product Model 2811
- Product Name 2811 Router
- Product Type: Router
Interfaces/Ports of 10/100Base Router
- Total Number of Ports: 2
- USB Yes
- Management Port Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports 2
Network and Communication for Integrated Services Router
- Network Technology: 10/100Base-TX
- Ethernet Technology: Fast Ethernet
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 9
- Expansion Slot Type AIM
- Expansion Slot Type HWIC
- Expansion Slot Type NME
- Expansion Slot Type PVDM
- Standard Memory 256 MB
- Maximum Memory 760 MB
- Memory Technology DRAM
- Flash Memory 64 MB
Dimension and Weight
- Height 1.8 Inch
- Width 17.2 Inch
- Depth 16.4 Inch
- Weight 14.11 LBS
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product CISCO2811 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.