The Cisco 2821 is a router that is part of Cisco's 2800 series of Integrated Services Routers. These routers are designed for small-to-medium sized businesses, as well as enterprise branch offices. The Cisco 2821 is a modular router that can be configured with various WAN interfaces, including T1/E1, ISDN, and DSL, as well as a variety of LAN interfaces, such as Ethernet and Fast Ethernet. It also has a built-in VPN (Virtual Private Network) support, firewall and support for QoS (Quality of Service) to prioritize specific types of network traffic. It also supports a wide range of advanced features, such as IP telephony, wireless connectivity, and network security. This router support both the traditional IOS and the newer IOS-XE which increases its reliability and scalability. It can provide a voice,video, data, and security services all in one box, and it is a good fit for enterprise branch or small offices.
Performance and Reliability
The Cisco 2821 is designed to provide high performance and reliability for small-to-medium sized businesses and enterprise branch offices.
In terms of performance, the router is equipped with a powerful CPU and has a large amount of memory, which allows it to handle a high amount of routing and switching traffic. It also supports advanced Quality of Service (QoS) features that allow you to prioritize critical network traffic and prevent network congestion.
In terms of reliability, the Cisco 2821 includes several features to help ensure that your network remains up and running. For example, it supports redundancy through Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP), which allows for automatic failover in the event of a primary router failure. Additionally, it supports several VPN technologies, such as IPSec and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to help secure your network from unauthorized access and keep your data safe.
The Cisco 2821 also has a wide range of physical interfaces that provide multiple options for WAN and LAN connections, and the router is built with a modular design that allows for easy expansion and upgrades. All of these features ensure that the 2821 can handle the demands of a busy network and provide high level of performance and reliability.
Interface Provided for Digital Workplace
The Cisco 2821 Integrated Services Router provides a variety of interfaces to support different types of network connections and services, making it suitable for use in a digital workplace.
One of the most notable interfaces provided on the Cisco 2821 is the Gigabit Ethernet interface. This interface can be used to connect the router to other network devices, such as switches and servers, at speeds of up to 1000Mbps. This allows for fast and efficient data transfer between devices on the network.
Another important interface provided on the Cisco 2821 is the serial interface. This interface can be used to connect the router to other network devices or service providers using serial cables. This interface can be used for a variety of purposes, such as connecting to a WAN or a leased line for Internet access.
The router also provides an ISDN interface, which is a digital phone line that can be used for WAN connectivity and remote access. This interface can be used as a backup for primary WAN link or as a primary link in some cases.
The Cisco 2821 also has USB ports that can be used to connect USB storage devices, such as flash drives, for storing backups of the router's configuration and other important data.
All those interfaces are manageable and configurable via the Cisco IOS software which allows for advanced features and customization with the software, as well as providing CLI and web GUI interfaces for easy configuration and management.
General Information about this Cisco CISCO2821
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Part Number or SKU# CISCO2821
- Product Series: 2800
- Product Model: 2821
- Product Type: Integrated Services Router
Interfaces/Ports for Integrated Services Router
- Total Number of Ports: 2
- Management Port: Yes
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 2
I/O Expansions of 2 Ports Router
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 12
- Expansion Slot Type: AIM
- Expansion Slot Type: HWIC
- Expansion Slot Type: NME-X
- Expansion Slot Type: PVDM
- Expansion Slot Type: EVM
Network & Communication
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Standard Memory: 256 MB
- Maximum Memory Supported: 1GB
- Memory Technology: DRAM
- Flash Memory: 64 MB
- Memory Card Supported: Compact Flash
- Input Voltage: 110 V AC, 220 V AC
- Redundant Power Supply Supported: Yes
Dimensions & Weight
- Compatible Rack Unit: 2U
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
- Height: 3.5 Inch
- Width: 17.3 Inch
- Depth: 16.4 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 25 Lbs
- Package Contents-
- 2821 Integrated Services Router
- Cisco 2800 IP BASE W/O CRYPTO (S28NIPB-12403)
- Power Cord 110V (CAB-AC)
- Cisco 2821/51 AC power supply (PWR-2821-51-AC)
- 256MB DDR DRAM Memory (MEM2800-256D-INC)
- 64MB CF Card(MEM2800-64CF-INC)
- Device manager for routers (ROUTER-SDM)
- Rack-mount brackets with screws for 19-inch racks
- Ground lug and two mounting screws
- Cable management bracket
- RJ-45-to-DB-9 console cable
- RJ-45-to-DB-25 modem cable
- Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers Quick Start Guide
- Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers Regulatory Compliance and Safety Information document
- Cisco Router and Security Device Manager (SDM) Quick Start Guide
- Product Registration card and Cisco.com card
About Refurbished Products
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cybercriminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product CISCO2821 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.