Introduction to the Service Router
The CISCO2901/K9 Cisco 2901 is a modular router that is part of the Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR) family. It is designed for small to medium-sized businesses, enterprise branch offices, and service provider edge applications. Some key features and benefits of the Cisco 2901 router include:
- High-performance routing: The Cisco 2901 router supports high-performance routing with up to 1 Gbps of throughput. It also supports a variety of routing protocols, including Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), and Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP).
- Advanced security: The Cisco 2901 router provides advanced security features, such as firewall, VPN, and intrusion prevention, to help protect the network from threats.
- Flexible connectivity: The Cisco 2901 router has 2 onboard GE ports and 4 Enhanced High-Speed WAN Interface Card (EHWIC) slots, 2 Digital Signal Processor (DSP) slots and 1 ISM slot, which provide flexible connectivity options for a wide range of network environments.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The Cisco 2901 router supports a variety of QoS features, such as traffic shaping, policing, and congestion management, which can be used to prioritize and manage network traffic.
- High-density voice and video: The Cisco 2901 router supports high-density voice and video with the DSP slots, which can be used to provide voice and video capabilities for a wide range of applications.
- Memory and storage: The Cisco 2901 router has 256MB Compact Flash (CF) and 512MB DRAM, which provide ample storage and memory for the router's IOS and other applications.
- Easy management: The Cisco 2901 router can be managed through a variety of methods, including the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI), Cisco Configuration Professional (CCP), and Cisco Prime Infrastructure.
The Cisco 2901 router is an ideal solution for small to medium-sized businesses, enterprise branch offices, and service provider edge applications that require high-performance routing, advanced security, flexible connectivity, and high-density voice and video capabilities.
Remote Management Protocols
The CISCO2901/K9 Cisco 2901 Integrated Services Router (ISR) supports several remote management protocols that can be used to manage the router remotely. Some of the key remote management protocols supported by the Cisco 2901 router include:
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP): SNMP is a widely-used protocol for managing and monitoring network devices. The Cisco 2901 router supports SNMP versions 1, 2c, and 3, which can be used to monitor the router's performance, configuration, and other parameters.
- Telnet: Telnet is a remote terminal protocol that can be used to remotely access the Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI) on the Cisco 2901 router. Telnet can be used to configure and manage the router remotely.
- Secure Shell (SSH): SSH is a secure protocol that can be used to remotely access the Cisco IOS CLI on the Cisco 2901 router. SSH uses encryption to secure the connection between the remote management device and the router.
- HTTP and HTTPS: HTTP and HTTPS can be used to remotely access the Cisco 2901 router's web-based management interface, which can be used to configure and manage the router remotely.
- FTP and TFTP: FTP and TFTP can be used to remotely transfer files to and from the Cisco 2901 router, such as IOS image upgrades, configuration files, and log files.
- Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) and Terminal Access Controller Access Control System (TACACS+): RADIUS and TACACS+ are remote authentication protocols that can be used to authenticate remote management users and control their access to the Cisco 2901 router.
The CISCO2901/K9 Cisco 2901 Integrated Services Router (ISR) includes several high-availability features that can be used to ensure that the router remains operational in the event of a hardware or software failure. Some of the key high-availability features supported by the Cisco 2901 router include:
- Redundant Power Supplies: The Cisco 2901 router supports redundant power supplies, which can be used to ensure that the router remains operational in the event of a power supply failure.
- Hot-Standby Router Protocol (HSRP): HSRP is a Cisco proprietary protocol that can be used to provide redundancy for the default gateway on a network. HSRP allows multiple routers to work together to present the appearance of a single virtual router to hosts on the LAN.
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP): VRRP is an open standard protocol that can be used to provide redundancy for the default gateway on a network. It is similar to HSRP, but is not proprietary to Cisco.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP): LACP is a Cisco proprietary protocol that can be used to bundle multiple physical interfaces together to form a single logical interface. This can be used to provide redundancy and increased bandwidth.
- Hot-Swappable Modules: The Cisco 2901 router supports hot-swappable modules, which can be replaced without having to power down the router. This feature can be used to minimize downtime in the event of a module failure.
- Cisco IOS Software Redundancy: The Cisco 2901 router supports Cisco IOS Software redundancy, which allows two copies of Cisco IOS software to run simultaneously on the same router. This feature can be used to ensure that the router remains operational in the event of a software failure.
General Information about this Cisco CISCO2901/K9
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# CISCO2901/K9
- Product Series: 2900
- Product Model: 2901
- Product Type: Integrated Services Router
Interfaces/Ports for 2 Ports Router
- Total Number of Ports 2
- USB Yes
- Management Port: Yes
- Number of Broadband (RJ-45) Ports: 2
I/O Expansions of Integrated Ethernet Router
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 9
- Expansion Slot Type: HWIC
- Expansion Slot Type: PVDM
Network and Communication
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
Management and Protocols
- Security Features
- Cisco Security Manager
- Cisco IOS Firewall
- Cisco IOS Zone-Based Firewall
- Cisco IOS IPS
- Cisco IOS Content Filtering
- Flexible Packet Matching (FPM)
- Standard Memory: 512 MB
- Maximum Memory: 2.50 GB
- Memory Technology: SDRAM
- Flash Memory: 256 MB
- Memory Card Supported CompactFlash (CF) Card
- Input Voltage: 220 V AC
- Input Voltage: 110 V AC
- Power Source: Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply: Yes
Dimension and Weight
- Height: 1.8 inch
- Width: 17.2 inch
- Depth: 17.3 inch
- Weight: 13.45 LBS
- Compliant Standards CISPR 22 Class A, CISPR 24, EN55024, EN55022 Class A, EN50082-1, AS/NZS 60950-1, ICES-003 Class A, CS-03, R&TTE, FCC CFR47 Part 15, EN300-386, UL 60950-1, IEC 60950-1, EN 60950-1, BSMI CNS 13438, AS/NZS 3548 Class A, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1, VCCI V-3, EN 61000, TIA/EIA/IS-968
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product CISCO2901/K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.