Routing Protocols and Configuration
Cisco 2911 Integrated Services Router (ISRs) are designed to provide a wide range of services, including routing, security, and voice, to small and medium-sized businesses and enterprise branch offices. These routers use routing protocols to determine the best path for data to travel through the network.
Routing protocols are used to exchange routing information between routers in a network. Each protocol has its own set of features, advantages, and disadvantages, and the choice of protocol depends on the specific requirements of the network. Some of the most commonly used routing protocols are:
- Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP): a Cisco proprietary protocol that uses a distance-vector algorithm to determine the best path for data to travel through the network.
- Routing Information Protocol (RIP): a distance-vector protocol that uses hop count as a metric to determine the best path for data to travel through the network.
- Open Shortest Path First (OSPF): a link-state protocol that uses a shortest-path algorithm to determine the best path for data to travel through the network.
- Border Gateway Protocol (BGP): an exterior gateway protocol used to exchange routing information between routers in different autonomous systems.
- Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP): a Cisco proprietary protocol that uses a hybrid of distance-vector and link-state algorithms to determine the best path for data to travel through the network.
Security Management Systems
Cisco 2911 Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) have several security features that can be used to protect the network from various threats. Some of the key security management systems of the Cisco 2911 router include:
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): These are used to restrict access to the network based on various criteria, such as source and destination IP addresses, ports, and protocols.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) support: The Cisco 2911 router supports several VPN protocols, including IPsec, SSL, and L2TP, which can be used to create secure connections between remote networks.
- Firewall features: The Cisco 2911 router supports the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) firewall feature set, which provides advanced firewall capabilities such as stateful inspection and intrusion prevention.
- Network Address Translation (NAT): This feature allows the router to translate private IP addresses to public IP addresses, which can help to hide the internal network from external threats.
- Secure Shell (SSH) and Secure Copy (SCP) support: These protocols provide secure remote access and file transfer capabilities, which can help to protect against unauthorized access and data breaches.
- Management access control: The Cisco 2911 router supports multiple levels of access control, including local and remote authentication, and can be configured to use TACACS+ and RADIUS for centralized management of user access.
Features and Benefits
The Cisco 2911 Integrated Services Router (ISR) is a high-performance router designed to provide a wide range of services, including routing, security, and voice, to small and medium-sized businesses and enterprise branch offices. Some of the key features and benefits of the Cisco 2911 router include:
- High performance: The Cisco 2911 router is equipped with a powerful multi-core processor that can handle high-speed data, voice, and video traffic.
- Flexible WAN connectivity: The router supports a wide range of WAN connectivity options, including DSL, cable, T1/E1, and fiber, which allows it to be deployed in a variety of network environments.
- Advanced security: The Cisco 2911 router supports a wide range of security features, including access control lists (ACLs), virtual private network (VPN) support, firewall features, and network address translation (NAT), which can help to protect the network from various threats.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The router supports advanced QoS features that can be used to prioritize different types of traffic, such as voice and video, which can help to ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need.
- Voice and video capabilities: The Cisco 2911 router supports a wide range of voice and video protocols, including H.323, SIP, and Cisco's Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP), which allows it to be used as a voice gateway in IP telephony environments.
- Comprehensive management: The router supports a wide range of management options, including Cisco's IOS Software, the Cisco Prime Infrastructure, and the Cisco Configuration Professional, which can be used to manage and monitor the network.
- Energy efficiency: Cisco 2911/K9 support Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) which reduce the power consumption without impacting the performance.
The Cisco 2911/K9 Router is a versatile device that provides a range of features and benefits, making it suitable for a wide range of networking environments. It's always recommended to consult the Cisco documentation and best practices for the specific use case and requirements of the organization.
General Information about the Cisco CISCO2911/K9
- Manufacturer: Cisco
- Model Number or SKU# CISCO2911/K9
- Product Series: 2900
- Product Model: 2911
- Product Name: 2911 Integrated Services Router
- Product Type: Router
Interfaces/Ports of Cisco 3 Ports Ethernet Router
- Total Number of Ports 3
- USB Yes
- Management Port Yes
- Number of Broadband (RJ-45) Ports 3
I/O Expansions for Integrated Services Router
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 10
- Expansion Slot Type HWIC
- Expansion Slot Type PVDM
Network & Communication
- Network Technology 10/100/1000Base-T
- Ethernet Technology Gigabit Ethernet
- Standard Memory 512 MB
- Maximum Memory 2 GB
- Memory Technology DRAM
- Flash Memory 256 MB
- Memory Card Supported CompactFlash (CF) Card
Dimension and Weight
- Height: 3.5 inch
- Width: 17.2 inch
- Depth: 12 inch
- Weight: 18.08 Lbs
- Input Voltage 220 V AC
- Input Voltage 110 V AC
- Power Source Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Yes
About Refurbished Products
Routers lead the line as the first line of network security in homes and offices. It prevents intrusion into a network while creating a firewall to provide the highest level of security on several network types. They are the best ways of keeping computer systems, network systems, and information contained in them safe from intrusion.
A router is designed to be more capable than several other network devices such as hubs or switches that can only carry out basic network functions. For instance, a hub only transfers data between network devices without analyzing or doing anything with those data. On the other hand, routers are able to analyze data sent between network devices. They can change the packaging of such data and send it over to a different network.
Routers are the perfect devices to share an internet connection between multiple computers in home networks. A router typically connects to the modem using a network cable. Router networking occurs via a WAN port or the internet. There are also wireless routers that connect to devices using different wireless standards.
The hardware inside these routers allows them to cope with several network use at the same time. Many of these routers come with dual-core and quad-core processors. These processor options allow them to handle lots of data more effectively. Users can use their Wi-Fi routers for activities such as video streaming, online gaming, data backups, and more. Even while carrying out those operations, the routers perform at the highest levels.
Users will get routers that broadcast wireless signals over two frequencies (for dual-band) or more (for tri-band and others). These routers run at frequencies that can cover a wide expanse of area. They are not congested and are perfect for office buildings, homes, and large enterprises. Clients will find routers that emit their signals between 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
Built-in Security Features
These router networking devices also come with security features such as device quarantine, firmware updates, automatic updates, and more. The features allow them to provide network-level protection against attacks. With these features, cyber criminals will be unable to infiltrate home networks.
Types of Routers
There are several types of routers that users can benefit from. Some of them include:
- Core Routers. These are the types used by Internet Service Providers. They are the fastest and most powerful types. They sit at the center of the internet and forward data through the main fiber Optics.
- Wireless Routers. These work in a similar manner as a home or business LAN. However, they give room for better mobility for laptops, tablets, and other portable devices. These types offer transmission over short distances.
- Enterprise Routers. These are the types employed by large companies. Organizations use enterprise routers to connect their networks to these core routers.
- Branch Routers. These types connect an enterprise's remote offices to its Wide Area Network (WAN). They come with improved features such as wireless LAN management, time-division multiplexing, WAN acceleration, and more.
- Edge Routers. These are the most commonly used types in homes and small businesses. They are low-capacity devices that connect to the public internet or private WAN, or external LAN.
- Logical Routers. They function similarly to hardware to create several network routes.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product CISCO2911/K9 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Router
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.