MPN : MCB193A-FCAT
SKU : MCB193A-FCAT
Device Type: Host Bus Adapter
Form Factor : Plug-In Card
Interface (Bus) Type : PCI Express 3.0 X16
Pci Specification Revision: PCIE 3.0
Connectivity Technology: Wired
Data Link Protocol : Infiniband
Data Transfer Rate : 56 GBPS
Capacity: I/O Channels : 16000000
Network / Transport Protocol: Tcp/Ip, Udp/Ip, Ipoib, Udapl, Smb.
Features: Auto-Negotiation, Quality Of Service (Qos), Rdma Support, Infiniband Fdr Link Support, Flexboot Technology, Extended Message-Signaled Interrupts (Msi-X)
Compliant Standards: Ibta 1.2.1
Expansion / Connectivity Interfaces : 1 X Infiniband Fdr
Compliant Standards : Rohs
Software / System Requirements Os Required : Novell Netware, Suse Linux Enterprise Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Windows Compute Cluster Server 2003, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Microsoft Windows HPC Server 2008, Vmware Esx 5.1
About New Bulk Pack Products
PCI-e is an acronym that stands for Peripheral Component Interconnect express. Let's face it, connecting to your device's motherboard without the help of a PCI e controller will be next to impossible, and that is why we are here – to help you find the best PCIe controller to suit your unique needs and preferences.
Here at ALLHDD, our work ethic is our pride, and we strive to bring you – our esteemed consumer, the best information, gadgets, and deals that you sure won't find anywhere else. We have an exciting collection of 2 port PCIe controllers and other options that will meet all your needs.
Shopping for more gadgets? Look through our collection of top-notch devices to find something you might like.
What is the primary function of a PCI e controller?
The primary function of the PCI e controller on your computer device is that it serves as the standard interface between your device's primary circuit board, and other external, peripheral components. This affects key areas of your device's functionality, such as graphics, memory, and storage ability.
The PCIe controller is built to oversee point-to-point connections in the context of non-core components. The additional "e" in PCI-e is short for "express", which is a term that was added by manufacturers in a bid to distinguish the new standard of PCIe controllers from the older PCI models.
The supporting PCIe size simply means the number of direct connections that a PCIe slot or card can provide. It can be PCIe x1, PCIe x4, PCIe x8, and PCIe x16. The cutting-edge PCIe 4.0 has a bandwidth capacity of 64 gigabytes per second and transfers at a rate of 16 gigatransfers per second (GT/s).
Why is a good PCIe controller so important?
- Connectivity: A PCIe controller is a vital link between your computer's primary circuit board and other peripheral components. This important function makes this little device indispensable.
- Speed: A PCIe controller impacts speed. Changing the PCIe controller notably improves transfer speeds, drastically increasing the amount of data that can be communicated in a second.
- Upgrades: Multiple PCI express slots present an exciting opportunity for big upgrades in the future.
Some common PCI e controller terms
- Expander card: PCIe card, expansion card, and expander card are all common terms used to refer to hardware, some of which include the Central Processing Unit (CPU), graphics card, or SSDs.
- Host Bus Adapter: This device connects your computer to other networks and storage devices, with your computer playing the role of the host system.
- RAID controller: This device oversees the hard disk drives and translates them into a logical language your computer can understand.
At ALLHDD, we make a promise of reliability, quality, and trustworthiness to our old, new, and potential customers. We are all about giving you the best devices you need to solve all your high-performance computing needs. Take a tour of our store today to see more products at unbeatable prices.