Product Information:Manufacturer Name: HP
Controller Type: Host Bus Adapter - Plug-in Module - Low Profile
Spare Part Number: 660088-001
Storage Controllers:Host Bus: PCIe 3.0 x8
Interface: SATA 3GBPS / SAS 6GBPS
Data Transfer Rate: 6 GB/Sec
Supported Devices: Hard Drives
Channel Qty: 8
Expansion / Connectivity
Interfaces: 2 x SATA 3GB/S / SAS 6GB/S - 26 pin 4x Shielded Mini MultiLane SAS (SFF-8088)
Compatible Slots: 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x8
Software / System Requirements:OS Required: SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, Microsoft Windows Server 2008, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, Oracle Solaris 10, VMware ESX 4.1, VMware ESXi 5, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.2, VMware ESXi 4.1 update 2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.8
Compliant Standards: WEEE
Dimensions & Weight
Width: 0.60 inch
Depth: 6.60 inch
Height: 2.70 inch
Compatibility:HP ProLiant DL Series: DL160 Gen8, DL160 Gen8 Base, DL160 Gen8 Entry, DL160 Gen8 Performance, DL320e Gen8, DL320e Gen8 Base, DL320e Gen8 Entry, DL320e Gen8 Performance, DL360e Gen8, DL360e Gen8 Base, DL360e Gen8 Entry, DL360e Gen8 Performance, DL360e Gen8 Special Server, DL360p Gen8, DL360p Gen8 Base, DL360p Gen8 CMS, DL360p Gen8 Entry, DL360p Gen8 High Performance, DL380e Gen8, DL380e Gen8 Base, DL380e Gen8 Entry, DL380e Gen8 High Performance, DL380e Gen8 Storage, DL380p Gen8, DL380p Gen8 Base, DL380p Gen8 Entry, DL380p Gen8 High Performance, DL380p Gen8 Special, DL385p Gen8, DL385p Gen8 Dedicated Workload, DL385p Gen8 Entry, DL385p Gen8 Maximized Consolidation, DL385p Gen8 Storage, DL560 Gen8, DL560 Gen8 Base, DL560 Gen8 Entry, DL560 Gen8 Performance,
HP ProLiant ML Series: ML10 v2, ML10 v2 Base, ML10 v2 Entry, ML10 v2 Performance, ML310e Gen8, ML310e Gen8 Base, ML310e Gen8 Entry, ML310e Gen8 Performance, ML310e Gen8 v2, ML310e Gen8 v2 Base, ML310e Gen8 v2 Enty, ML310e Gen8 v2 Performance, ML350e Gen8, ML350e Gen8 Base, ML350e Gen8 Entry, ML350e Gen8 Performance, ML350e Gen8 v2, ML350e Gen8 v2 Base, ML350p Gen8, ML350p Gen8 Base, ML350p Gen8 Entry, ML350p Gen8 Performance
HP ProLiant SL Series: SL210t Gen8 1U Node, SL230s Gen8 1U Left Half Width Tray, SL230s Gen8 1U Right Half Width Tray, SL230s Gen8 Base 1U Left Tray Server, SL230s Gen8 Base 1U Right Tray Server, SL250s Gen8 2U Left Half Width Tray, SL250s Gen8 2U PCIe Gen3 Left Tray, SL250s Gen8 2U Right Half Width Tray, SL250s Gen8 Base 2U Left Half Width Tray, SL250s Gen8 Base 2U Left Tray Server, SL250s Gen8 Base 2U Right Half Width Tray, SL250s Gen8 Base 2U Right Tray Server, SL270s Gen8 Base 4U Left Half Width Tray, SL270s Gen8 Base 4U Right Half Width Tray, SL270s Gen8 SE 4U Left Tray, SL270s Gen8 SE 4U Right Tray
HP ProLiant XL Series: XL220a Gen8 v2
About New Bulk Pack Products
Controller - SAS Controller
A SAS controller is an incredibly vital addition to your device's hardware makeup. A SAS card allows you to seamlessly employ the use of SATA drives to expand your device's storage capacity and the best part - it is unbelievably cost-effective.
If you are on the lookout for the best SAS controller for PC, then you are definitely in good company. Our store sells only the best SATA drives, SAS RAID controller cards, SAS expanders, and SAS controller cards for your high-performance computing needs.
Stick with us, and check out our other product listings for more.
SAS Controller - What Is It?
A SAS controller has a similar infrastructure and shares quite a number of features with the SATA hard drive. You can plug a SATA drive into your SAS controller, but on the other hand, you cannot do the opposite with your SAS drives.
In comparison, SAS drives far outmatch the performance of SATA drives. Furthermore, unlike the design of SATA drives, SAS drives can withstand the rigor of 24/7 usage.
SATA vs. SAS controller cards
The SATA interface has simplified the process of choosing a new hard drive for your computer. The SATA interface lets you simply plug in a device to gain access to extra storage.
The SAS controller, on the other hand, may just be the next improvement to the SATA interface. SAS (meaning Serial Attached SCSI), is notably known to perform significantly faster than a SATA controller. And more recent versions of the SAS controllers support up to twice the transfer speed of the SATA controller with transfer speeds of up to 12 gigabits per second.
SAS controller cards are also full-duplex; this means that a SAS controller can both send and receive data at full speeds at the same time. The SATA controller on the other hand can only communicate data in one direction at a time.
Popular SAS Controller Cards and Accessories
- MSA 2000 Series: The MSA Recovery manager (RM) software allows you to have total control over creating application-specific snapshots. Browse through our array of top-notch MSA 2000 Series SAS controller cards, and you will definitely find the right one for you.
- Host Bus Adapter: Commonly called a host controller or host adapter, a host bus adapter (HBA) primarily functions as the host system for other network and storage devices. Our collection of Host Bus Adapters makes working with hardware very easy. No longer do you have to spend countless hours engaging in the business of working with outdated and cumbersome adapters.
- 12 GB: Check out our collection of durable and reliable 12GB SAS controller cards. They offer you a promise of great performance and seamless delivery for your computer.
- PCI-E: This important piece of hardware serves as the point of connection between your computer's external components, and the primary circuit board. The Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) is well-known because it is probably the easiest way to add devices such as a SAS controller into your device's primary circuit board.
- EqualLogic: We make a point to stock the best EqualLogic products. EqualLogic products are storage area systems with an iSCSI base.
- Smart Array: Our store carries only the best Smart Array controllers that allow you to work with a great number of drives.
- Storage controller: Effortlessly control the storage arrays with our range of storage controllers. Storage controllers are also commonly known as storage processors or array controllers.
- RAID controller: Sometimes referred to as a RAID controller, disk array controllers function primarily to manage the physical disk drives on your and present them as logical units of information to the computer. Shop our collection of RAID controllers now.
- 6 GB: Go through our list of durable, and reliable 6GB SAS controller cards. They offer you a promise of great performance and seamless delivery for your server or desktop PC.
Shop with us today for quality products at unbeatable prices.