General InformationManufacturer Name : HPE
MPN : 804334-001
Type : Controller
Sub-Type : SAS Controller
SKU : 804334-001
Technical InformationStorage Interface (SAS/SATA)
8 SAS Lanes Across 2 X4 Internal MINI-Sas Ports
12GB/S SAS, 6GB/S SATA Technology
Mix-And-Match SAS And SATA Drives To The Same Controller
Support For SAS Tape Drives
2 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache (FBWC)
PCI EXPRESS 3.0 X8 LINK
Raid 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, 1 Adm, 10 Adm (Advanced Data Mirroring)
Mixed Mode(Raid Logic Drives And Hba Physical Drives Simultaneously)
Windows Storage Spaces Direct Validated
Vmware Virtual San Certified
Legacy And Uefi Boot Operation
Uefi System Utilities (Storage Configuration)
Up To 238 Physical Drives
Up To 64 Logical Drives
HPE SSD Smart Path
Rapid Parity Initialization (Rpi)
Performance Optimization-Degraded Reads And Read Coalescing
Seamless Upgrades From Hpe Smart Array S-Class And E-Class Controllers
Expansion / ConnectivityInterfaces: 2 x SATA 6Gb/s / SAS 12Gb/s (internal)
MiscellaneousCompliant Standards: FIPS 140-2 Level 1
Software / System Requirements:OS Required: Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Oracle Solaris, Citrix XenServer, Oracle Linux, ClearOS, VMware vSphere (ESXi), Microsoft Windows Hyper-V Server
Compatibility InformationHPE ProLiant DL Series: DL360 Gen10, DL360 Gen10 Base, DL360 Gen10 Entry, DL360 Gen10 High Performance, DL360 Gen10 Low, DL360 Gen10 Performance, DL380 Gen10, DL380 Gen10 Base, DL380 Gen10 Entry, DL380 Gen10 High Performance, DL380 Gen10 Performance Servers
HPE ProLiant XL Series: XL450 Gen10 Server
Controller - SAS Controller
A SAS controller is an incredibly vital addition to your device's hardware makeup. A SAS card allows you to seamlessly employ the use of SATA drives to expand your device's storage capacity and the best part - it is unbelievably cost-effective.
If you are on the lookout for the best SAS controller for PC, then you are definitely in good company. Our store sells only the best SATA drives, SAS RAID controller cards, SAS expanders, and SAS controller cards for your high-performance computing needs.
Stick with us, and check out our other product listings for more.
SAS Controller - What Is It?
A SAS controller has a similar infrastructure and shares quite a number of features with the SATA hard drive. You can plug a SATA drive into your SAS controller, but on the other hand, you cannot do the opposite with your SAS drives.
In comparison, SAS drives far outmatch the performance of SATA drives. Furthermore, unlike the design of SATA drives, SAS drives can withstand the rigor of 24/7 usage.
SATA vs. SAS controller cards
The SATA interface has simplified the process of choosing a new hard drive for your computer. The SATA interface lets you simply plug in a device to gain access to extra storage.
The SAS controller, on the other hand, may just be the next improvement to the SATA interface. SAS (meaning Serial Attached SCSI), is notably known to perform significantly faster than a SATA controller. And more recent versions of the SAS controllers support up to twice the transfer speed of the SATA controller with transfer speeds of up to 12 gigabits per second.
SAS controller cards are also full-duplex; this means that a SAS controller can both send and receive data at full speeds at the same time. The SATA controller on the other hand can only communicate data in one direction at a time.
Popular SAS Controller Cards and Accessories
- MSA 2000 Series: The MSA Recovery manager (RM) software allows you to have total control over creating application-specific snapshots. Browse through our array of top-notch MSA 2000 Series SAS controller cards, and you will definitely find the right one for you.
- Host Bus Adapter: Commonly called a host controller or host adapter, a host bus adapter (HBA) primarily functions as the host system for other network and storage devices. Our collection of Host Bus Adapters makes working with hardware very easy. No longer do you have to spend countless hours engaging in the business of working with outdated and cumbersome adapters.
- 12 GB: Check out our collection of durable and reliable 12GB SAS controller cards. They offer you a promise of great performance and seamless delivery for your computer.
- PCI-E: This important piece of hardware serves as the point of connection between your computer's external components, and the primary circuit board. The Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) is well-known because it is probably the easiest way to add devices such as a SAS controller into your device's primary circuit board.
- EqualLogic: We make a point to stock the best EqualLogic products. EqualLogic products are storage area systems with an iSCSI base.
- Smart Array: Our store carries only the best Smart Array controllers that allow you to work with a great number of drives.
- Storage controller: Effortlessly control the storage arrays with our range of storage controllers. Storage controllers are also commonly known as storage processors or array controllers.
- RAID controller: Sometimes referred to as a RAID controller, disk array controllers function primarily to manage the physical disk drives on your and present them as logical units of information to the computer. Shop our collection of RAID controllers now.
- 6 GB: Go through our list of durable, and reliable 6GB SAS controller cards. They offer you a promise of great performance and seamless delivery for your server or desktop PC.
Shop with us today for quality products at unbeatable prices.