Maintenance and Troubleshooting
The Dell 3.84TB Mixed Use MLC SAS 12GBPS 512N 2.5-inch SSD is a high-performance solid-state drive that is designed for use in enterprise storage systems. The drive uses multi-level cell (MLC) flash memory and has a SAS interface that supports data transfer speeds of up to 12 Gbps. The drive also features a 512N form factor and a 2.5-inch form factor, which is commonly used in enterprise storage systems.
Maintenance and troubleshooting of the drive typically involves monitoring the drive's health and performance, checking for firmware updates, and performing regular backups. If the drive is experiencing any issues, troubleshooting may involve checking for errors in the system logs, running diagnostic tests, and replacing the drive if necessary.
It is recommended to check the drive's health and performance by monitoring the S.M.A.R.T status, firmware updates should be installed as soon as they become available, and regular backups should be performed to protect against data loss.
If the drive is experiencing problems, it is recommended to check the system logs for error messages, run diagnostic tests to identify the issue, and replace the drive if necessary.
Types of Solid State Drives
The Dell 3.84TB Mixed Use MLC SAS 12Gbps 512N 2.5-inch SSD is a type of solid state drive (SSD). There are several types of SSDs, including:
- SATA SSD: This type of SSD is connected to the motherboard using a SATA interface, which is the same interface used for traditional hard drives. They are cheaper and slower than NVMe SSDs
- NVMe SSD: This type of SSD uses the NVMe interface, which is designed specifically for SSDs and allows for faster data transfer speeds. They are more expensive than SATA SSDs
- SAS SSD: This type of SSD uses the SAS interface, which is typically used in enterprise-level applications and provides a higher level of data protection.
- M.2 SSD: This type of SSD is a smaller form factor that connects to the motherboard using the M.2 interface. They are typically faster than 2.5-inch SSDs and are commonly used in laptops and small form factor PCs.
- PCle SSD : This type of SSD uses the PCle interface and connects directly to the PCle bus. They are typically faster than SATA or SAS SSDs and are commonly used in high-performance computing and gaming applications.
- U.2 SSD: This type of SSD uses the U.2 interface and is typically used in enterprise-level applications.
The Dell 3.84TB Mixed Use MLC SAS 12Gbps 512N 2.5-inch SSD is a SAS SSD with a form factor of 2.5 inch and uses MLC type flash memory.
Advantages of Solid State Drives
There are several advantages of solid-state drives (SSDs) over traditional hard disk drives (HDDs). Some of the main advantages of SSDs include:
- Speed: SSDs are much faster than HDDs in terms of data access and transfer speeds. They can access data almost instantly, whereas HDDs can take several milliseconds to access data.
- Reliability: SSDs have no moving parts, which means they are less likely to fail than HDDs. This makes them more reliable for mission-critical applications.
- Durability: SSDs are more durable than HDDs since they have no moving parts that can be damaged. They can withstand physical shocks and vibrations better than HDDs.
- Low power consumption: SSDs use less power than HDDs, which can lead to longer battery life for mobile devices and lower energy costs for data centers.
- Smaller form factor: SSDs can be made smaller in size than HDDs, allowing them to be used in smaller devices and spaces.
The 03DDFT Dell 3.84TB Mixed Use MLC SAS 12GBPS 512N 2.5Inch SSD specifically is a high-performance SSD optimized for mixed-use workloads that require both high read and write performance. It uses multi-level cell (MLC) technology and provides a large storage capacity of 3.84TB. It also uses the SAS interface and supports a data transfer rate of 12 Gbps. It also uses 512-byte sector size.
- Manufacturer : Dell
- MPN : 03DDFT
- Type : Solid State Drive (SSD)
- SSD Type : SAS-12GBPS
- SKU : 03DDFT
- Capacity : 3.84TB
- Nand Flash Memory Type: Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
- Form Factor : 2.5
- Data Transfer Rate : 1.2GPBS
- Features : Mixed-Use 512n
- Drive Transfer Rate : 1.2 GBPS (External)
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces : 1 X SAS 12 GB/S
- Compatible Bays : 1 X Hot-Swap - 2.5
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 0.63 inch
- Width: 3.10 inch
- Depth: 5.45 inch
- Weight: 1.50 lbs
- Oemr R6415 Dell
- EMC Storage NX3240
- Dss 7500
- Oemr R7415
- Oemr R7425
- Oemr R840
- Oemr R940XA
- Poweredge C4130
- Poweredge C6320
- Poweredge C6400
- Poweredge FC630
- Poweredge FC830
- Poweredge FD332
- Poweredge M520
- Poweredge M620
- Poweredge M630
- Poweredge M630 (For PE VRTX)
- Poweredge M820
- Poweredge M830
- Poweredge M830 (For PE VRTX)
- Poweredge M910
- Poweredge R320
- Poweredge R420
- Poweredge R420XR
- Poweredge R515
- Poweredge R520
- Poweredge R620
- Poweredge R630
- Poweredge R640
- Poweredge R6415
- Poweredge R715
- Poweredge R720
- Poweredge R720XD
- Poweredge R730
- Poweredge R815
- Poweredge R820
- Poweredge R830
- Poweredge R840
- Poweredge R920
- Poweredge R930
- Poweredge R940
- Poweredge R940XA
- Poweredge T320
- Poweredge T420
- Poweredge T620
- Poweredge T630
- Poweredge VRTX
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 03DDFT at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.