The lightning-fast performance of a 960GB SATA 6Gbps SSD is due to several factors:
- Solid-state technology: Unlike traditional hard drives, SSDs use solid-state technology, which means they have no moving parts. This allows for faster read and write speeds, as data can be accessed directly from the memory chips rather than having to wait for a mechanical arm to access the data on a spinning disk.
- High sequential read and write speeds: SATA 6Gbps interface allows for faster data transfer speeds of up to 6 Gbps (Gigabits per second), which is about 600MB/s (Megabytes per second), enabling faster reading and writing of large files such as videos, images and games.
- Random read and write performance: SSDs also have very fast random read and write performance, meaning they can quickly access small files scattered all over the drive, which is very useful for everyday tasks such as booting the operating system and opening files and programs.
- Low Latency: SSDs have very low latency, which means the time it takes for the drive to start reading or writing data is much shorter than traditional hard drives.
- Caching software: Caching software like Intel RST or Samsung Magician can also improve the performance of an SSD by temporarily storing frequently accessed data in a high-speed cache, reducing the number of times the drive needs to access the main storage.
The creative experience of a 960GB SATA 6Gbps SSD can be enhanced in several ways:
- Faster boot and load times: The fast read and write speeds of an SSD can greatly reduce the time it takes to boot up your computer, open programs, and load large files such as images, videos, and audio files. This can allow you to start working on your projects faster and be more productive.
- Improved multitasking: The fast random read and write performance of an SSD can also improve multitasking capabilities. You can work on multiple projects at the same time without experiencing a slowdown in performance.
- High storage capacity: With a massive storage capacity of 960GB, you have ample space to store all your projects, files, and media without having to constantly transfer files to external storage or cloud storage. This can save you time and make your workflow more efficient.
- High-speed data transfer: The use of a SATA 6Gbps interface allows for faster data transfer speeds, which can be beneficial when working with large files such as videos, high-resolution images and audio files.
- Enhanced video and audio editing performance: SSDs can also enhance the performance of video and audio editing software. This can allow you to work with large video and audio files and process them faster, resulting in improved editing performance and faster rendering times.
- Improved gaming experience: SSDs can also improve the gaming experience by reducing the loading time of games and levels, resulting in a smoother gaming experience.
Enhanced durability and reliability
The enhanced durability and reliability of a 960GB SATA 6Gbps SSD can be attributed to several factors:
- No moving parts: SSDs have no moving parts, which means there are no mechanical parts that can wear out or break. This makes them more durable and less likely to fail than traditional hard drives.
- Improved heat dissipation: SSDs generate less heat and have better heat dissipation capabilities compared to traditional hard drives. This can help to prolong the lifespan of the drive.
- Enhanced data protection: Many SSDs come with built-in data protection features such as error correction codes (ECC) and wear leveling, which can help to protect the data stored on the drive and increase its durability.
- Improved shock and vibration resistance: SSDs are more resistant to shock and vibration than traditional hard drives, which makes them less likely to be damaged if they are dropped or bumped.
- Durable construction: SSDs are typically constructed with high-quality materials such as metal, which can help to protect the drive from damage.
- Enhanced durability and reliability through firmware updates: Regular firmware updates can also improve the durability and reliability of an SSD by fixing bugs and adding new features.
- Longer lifespan: Because SSDs have no mechanical parts, they have a longer lifespan than traditional hard drives. Some manufacturers claim their SSDs can last for over 10 years or even more with regular use.
- Manufacturer : Dell
- Manufacturer Part Number : 0DD4G0
- Type : Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Sub-Type : SATA-6GBPS
- Device Type : Solid State Drive - Internal
- Capacity : 960GB
- Nand Flash Memory Type: Multi-level Cell (MLC)
- Form Factor : 2.5inch
- Interface : SATA 6GB/S
- Data Transfer Rate: 600 MBPS
Expansion & Connectivity
- Interfaces : 1 X SATA 6 GB/S
- Compatible Bays : 1 X Internal - 2.5
- Poweredge R630
- Poweredge R730
- Poweredge T630
- Poweredge R730XD
- Poweredge R430
- Poweredge R530
- Poweredge T430
- Poweredge R230
- Poweredge R330
- Poweredge T330
- Poweredge R730XD XL
- Poweredge T640
- Poweredge T440
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 0DD4G0 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.