The Dell PowerConnect 5548P is a managed switch designed for high-performance networking in large enterprises, data centers, and service providers. It features 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports and supports Power over Ethernet (PoE), making it a versatile choice for powering both data and power-hungry devices like IP phones and wireless access points.
The 5548P is managed, which means it has a built-in web interface or command-line interface that allows administrators to configure various networking settings, including VLANs, Quality of Service (QoS), and security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs).
With support for PoE, the 5548P is able to provide power to connected devices over the Ethernet cable, reducing the need for separate power supplies and outlets. This makes it an ideal choice for network deployments where power outlets may not be easily accessible.
The 5548P is also designed for high performance, with advanced features such as flow control, jumbo frame support, and link aggregation. This ensures that data is transmitted quickly and efficiently, even in large networks with high amounts of traffic.
Scalable and Reliable Network Connectivity
The Dell 225-0850 PowerConnect 5548P 48-Ports POE Gigabit Managed Switch is designed to offer scalable and reliable network connectivity. It is a high-performance switch that provides a fast and stable network connection for large-scale enterprise environments.
Scalable: With 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, the PowerConnect 5548P can easily handle the demands of growing businesses and networks. The switch supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) which enables the deployment of wireless access points, IP phones, and other PoE devices without additional power cabling. This makes it possible to expand the network without having to worry about power limitations.
Reliable: The switch features advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS), Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP), and Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) which ensure reliable and consistent network performance. The switch also includes security features such as port security, Access Control Lists (ACLs), and IP-MAC-Port Binding (IMPB) that help prevent unauthorized access to the network.
The PowerConnect 5548P also features a user-friendly web-based interface that provides a centralized management solution for configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting the switch. This switch is designed to be easy to set up and manage, making it ideal for small- to medium-sized businesses.
In conclusion, the Dell 225-0850 PowerConnect 5548P 48-Ports POE Gigabit Managed Switch provides scalable and reliable network connectivity for businesses and organizations. With its advanced features and user-friendly interface, it is a great investment for any growing network.
Easy Configuration and Deployment Process
The Dell 225-0850 PowerConnect 5548P 48-Ports POE Gigabit Managed Switch is a high-performance network switch designed for enterprise and data center environments. The switch is easy to configure and deploy, and the process is outlined below:
- Connect the switch to your network: Connect the switch to your network using a standard Ethernet cable. This will be used to manage the switch and configure its settings.
- Log in to the switch: Open a web browser and enter the IP address of the switch. The default IP address is 192.168.2.1. Enter the default username and password (admin/password).
- Configure the switch: Navigate to the switch's configuration page and set up the network settings, including IP address, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS servers.
- Set up VLANs: VLANs allow you to segment your network into separate virtual networks. To set up VLANs, navigate to the VLAN configuration page and create new VLANs with different IDs and names.
- Configure port settings: You can configure the settings for each port, including speed, duplex, and VLAN membership. Navigate to the port configuration page and configure the settings for each port.
- Enable PoE: If your switch supports PoE, you can enable it by navigating to the PoE configuration page. Enable PoE for each port and configure the power budget.
- Save the configuration: Once you have completed the configuration, save the changes by navigating to the save configuration page.
- Deploy the switch: Once the configuration is saved, you can deploy the switch in your network. Connect devices to the switch and verify that they are working correctly.
In conclusion, the Dell 225-0850 PowerConnect 5548P 48-Ports POE Gigabit Managed Switch is a user-friendly device that is easy to configure and deploy. With its high-performance capabilities and flexible configuration options, it is an ideal choice for enterprise and data center environments.
General Information about this Dell 225-0850
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Part Number or SKU# 225-0850
- Device Type: Switch 48 Ports Managed Stackable
Product Information for Dell 48 Port Switch
- Enclosure Type: Desktop, Rack-Mountable 1U
- Ports: 48 X 10/100/1000 + 2 X 10 Gigabit SFP+
- Power Over Ethernet (POE): POE
- Performance: Switching Capacity: 176 GBPS Forwarding Performance : 100.2 MBPS
- Capacity: Mac Addresses: 16000 Virtual Interfaces (vlans) : 4000 Qos Hardware Queues : 8 Igmp Snooping Entries : 256 Acl : 3000 Acl Entries : 3000
- Mac Address Table Size: 16k Entries
- Remote Management Protocol: Snmp 1, Rmon, Telnet, Snmp 2c, Http, Https, Tftp, Ssh, Ssh-2, Cli
- Encryption Algorithm: Ssl 3.0
- Authentication Method : Radius, Tacacs+
- Features include Layer 3 switching, Layer 2 switching, Dhcp support, Power Over Ethernet (POE), Auto-negotiation, Bootp support, Vlan support, Auto-uplink (auto Mdi/mdi-x), Igmp Snooping, Syslog support, Port mirroring, Weighted Round Robin (wrr) Queuing, Broadcast Storm Control, Ipv6 support, Ip Address Filtering, Sntp support, Weighted Support for the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), Support for the Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), Technology for Virtual Cable Testing (VCT), Support for Access Control List (ACL), Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (mstp), and Quality of Service (qos), Support for JuMBo Frames, IPv4, Lacp, and Management Information Base (mib)
- Compliant Standards : Ieee 802.2, Ieee 802.3, Ieee 802.3u, Ieee 802.3i, Ieee 802.3z, Ieee 802.1d, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3x, Ieee 802.3ad (lacp), Ieee 802.1w, Ieee 802.1x, Ieee 802.3ac, Ieee 802.1ad, Ieee 802.1v
- Ram: 1 GB - Sdram
- Flash Memory : 16 MB
Expansion / Connectivity of Dell Rack-Mountable Switch
- 48 X 10base-t/100base-tx/1000base-t Rj-45b POE
- 2 X 10GB Ethernet SFP+
- Usb : 1 X
- Power Device : Power Supply - Internal
- Voltage Required : Ac 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.