Choosing the Right SSD for Your Needs
Choosing the right SSD depends on your specific needs and use case.
The Dell 345-BCBU 400GB SAS-12GBPS Write Intensive Hot-plug SSD is designed for enterprise use, where high-performance and durability are critical. It uses SAS interface, which is a high-performance interface typically used in enterprise environments. This SSD is also designed for write-intensive workloads, meaning it is optimized for applications that write data frequently, such as databases or servers.
If you are using your SSD for consumer use, such as for your personal computer or gaming system, this SSD may be overkill and too expensive for your needs. In that case, a less expensive and less powerful consumer SSD would likely be a better option.
When choosing an SSD, consider factors such as capacity, performance, endurance, and price. It is also important to check the compatibility of the SSD with your system and make sure it is the correct form factor (e.g., 2.5-inch, M.2, etc.) and interface (e.g., SATA, PCIe, SAS, etc.) for your system.
Common SSD Issues and How to Fix Them
The Dell 345-BCBU 400GB SAS-12GBPS Write Intensive Hot-plug SSD is a storage device designed for use in Dell servers and storage arrays. Like any other SSD, it can experience certain issues that may affect its performance or reliability. Here are some common SSD issues and how to fix them:
- Slow performance: If your SSD is performing slower than expected, you may want to check if it's properly connected and configured. Ensure that it's connected to a compatible interface, and make sure that the firmware and drivers are up to date. You can also try optimizing your operating system and SSD settings for better performance.
- Drive not recognized: If your system doesn't recognize the SSD, you may need to check the connection, power supply, and BIOS settings. Make sure the drive is properly connected to the system, and that the BIOS is set to recognize the drive. You can also try updating the BIOS and drivers.
- Corrupted data: If you're experiencing data corruption on your SSD, it could be due to several reasons, including power failure, overheating, or software errors. To fix this issue, you can try running a disk check or scan, formatting the drive, or restoring from a backup.
- Limited lifespan: SSDs have a limited lifespan, and their performance can degrade over time due to wear and tear. To extend the lifespan of your SSD, avoid using it for heavy and continuous workloads, and enable features like TRIM to optimize its performance. You can also periodically check the health of your SSD using diagnostic tools.
- Hardware failure: If your SSD experiences a hardware failure, such as a broken connector or a damaged controller, you may need to replace the drive or seek professional assistance. It's important to back up your data regularly to avoid losing important information in case of a failure.
How to Optimize Your SSD for Better Performance
There are several ways to optimize your Dell 345-BCBU 400GB SAS-12GBPS Write Intensive Hot-plug SSD for better performance:
- Enable TRIM: TRIM is a command that allows the operating system to inform the SSD which blocks of data are no longer in use, allowing the SSD to optimize its performance. To enable TRIM on Windows, open the Command Prompt and type "fsutil behavior set disabledeletenotify 0".
- Disable Indexing: Indexing is a feature that allows you to quickly search for files on your computer. However, it can slow down the performance of your SSD. To disable indexing on Windows, open the Control Panel, select "Indexing Options", and then click "Modify". Uncheck all the folders and files, and then click "OK".
- Disable Superfetch: Superfetch is a feature that preloads frequently used programs and files into memory, but it can also cause slow performance on SSDs. To disable Superfetch on Windows, open the Services app, scroll down to "Superfetch", right-click it and select "Properties". Change the startup type to "Disabled", and then click "OK".
- Enable AHCI: AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) is a feature that allows the SSD to use its full potential. To enable AHCI on Windows, open the Device Manager, right-click the controller under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers", select "Properties", and then click the "Driver" tab. Click "Update Driver", select "Browse my computer for driver software", and then select "Standard SATA AHCI Controller".
- Update Firmware: The SSD's firmware is the software that controls its operation. Updating the firmware can improve its performance and reliability. To update the firmware, visit the Dell website and download the latest firmware for your SSD.
- Avoid filling the drive to capacity: SSDs can slow down when they are nearly full. It is recommended to keep the drive no more than 75-80% full.
- Use a high-quality SATA cable: A high-quality SATA cable can help to ensure that the SSD operates at its full potential.
General Information about this Dell 345-BCBU
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Model Number or SKU# 345-BCBU
- Product Type: Solid State Drive
- Storage Capacity: 400GB
Technical Information for 400GB Solid State Drive
- Nand Flash Memory Type: Bics Flash™ Tlc
- Form Factor: 2.5inch
- Interface Type: SAS
- Lnterface Speed: 12GBPS
- Features: Write-intensive Endurance
Dimension and Weight of 2.5 Inch SSD
- Height: 0.63 inch
- Width: 3.10 inch
- Depth: 5.45 inch
- Weight: 1.50 lbs
Performance for this SAS 12GBPS SSD
- Sequential Read: 2200 Mb/s
- Sequential Write: 1,450 Mb/s
- Random Read: 415k Iops
- Random Write: 300k Iops
- Min Terabytes Written: 7300 Tbw
- Mttf: 2,500,000 Hours
- Poweredge C6420
- Poweredge C6520
- Poweredge C6525
- Poweredge R440
- Poweredge R450
- Poweredge R550
- Poweredge R640
- Poweredge R650
- Poweredge R650xs
- Poweredge R6515
- Poweredge R6525
- Poweredge R740
- Poweredge R740xd
- Poweredge R7425
- Poweredge R750
- Poweredge R750xa
- Poweredge R750xs
- Poweredge R7515
- Poweredge R7525
- Poweredge R840
- Poweredge R940
- Poweredge R940xa
- Poweredge T550
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.