Understanding DDR4 SDRAM technology
DDR4 SDRAM (Double Data Rate 4 Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory) is a type of memory technology that is commonly used in personal computers, servers, and other electronic devices. DDR4 is the successor to DDR3 and offers a number of improvements in terms of performance and efficiency. Here are some key features of DDR4 SDRAM technology:
- Speed: DDR4 memory is faster than DDR3 memory, with higher transfer rates and lower latencies. DDR4 can achieve transfer rates of up to 3200 MT/s, while DDR3 is limited to a maximum of 2133 MT/s.
- Power Consumption: DDR4 memory requires less power to operate than DDR3 memory, making it more energy-efficient. DDR4 operates at a lower voltage of 1.2V, while DDR3 operates at 1.5V or 1.35V.
- Capacity: DDR4 memory has a higher capacity than DDR3 memory, with individual modules available in sizes of up to 16GB, while DDR3 modules are limited to 8GB.
- Error Correction: DDR4 memory can include error-correction features, which can detect and correct single-bit errors in real-time, improving system reliability and data accuracy.
- Improved Performance: DDR4 memory supports advanced features such as higher memory frequencies, improved data transfer rates, and increased memory bandwidth, resulting in improved system performance and responsiveness.
- Compatibility: DDR4 memory is not compatible with DDR3 memory slots, meaning that it cannot be used in systems that only support DDR3. However, some newer systems may support both DDR3 and DDR4 memory, giving users the option to choose between the two.
Tools required for installing RAM
To install RAM (Random Access Memory) in a computer, you will need a few tools to make the process easier and more efficient. Here are some of the tools required for installing RAM:
- Screwdriver: A screwdriver is needed to open the computer case or access panel, as well as to remove and re-install the RAM modules. Make sure you have the appropriate type of screwdriver for your computer case, which may be a Phillips head or a flathead.
- Anti-static wrist strap: An anti-static wrist strap is used to prevent electrostatic discharge (ESD) from damaging the RAM or other components inside the computer. ESD can occur when working on electronic components and can cause irreparable damage. Using an anti-static wrist strap will help to prevent ESD and ensure that your RAM and other components are not damaged.
- Clean cloth or compressed air: Before installing new RAM, it's important to clean the computer case and the RAM slots to remove any dust or debris that may have accumulated. You can use a clean cloth or compressed air to clean the computer case and RAM slots.
- RAM modules: Obviously, you will need the RAM modules that you wish to install. Be sure to purchase RAM that is compatible with your computer and motherboard, and that meets the recommended specifications for your system.
- User manual: Finally, you may need to refer to your computer's user manual or motherboard manual to determine the location of the RAM slots and the proper installation procedure.
By having these tools and following the recommended installation procedure, you can install RAM in your computer easily and safely, and improve the overall performance of your system.
Comparing DDR3 and DDR4 SDRAM technologies
DDR3 (Double Data Rate 3) and DDR4 (Double Data Rate 4) are two different generations of SDRAM (Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory) technologies used in modern computer systems. Here's a comparison between DDR3 and DDR4 SDRAM technologies:
- Speed: DDR4 is faster than DDR3. DDR3 can reach a maximum transfer rate of 2133 MHz, while DDR4 can reach up to 3200 MHz, providing faster data access and processing times.
- Voltage: DDR4 operates at a lower voltage than DDR3. DDR3 operates at a voltage of 1.5V or 1.35V, while DDR4 operates at 1.2V. This reduction in voltage results in less power consumption and less heat generation, making DDR4 more energy-efficient.
- Capacity: DDR4 has a higher capacity than DDR3. DDR3 modules are typically available in sizes up to 8GB, while DDR4 modules can be as large as 16GB, allowing for more memory to be installed on a single motherboard.
- Latency: DDR4 has a lower latency than DDR3. DDR4 has a CAS (Column Access Strobe) latency of 15 cycles, while DDR3 has a CAS latency of 9 to 11 cycles. This means that DDR4 can access data faster than DDR3, which can lead to improved system performance.
- Cost: DDR4 is more expensive than DDR3 due to its newer technology and higher performance.
- Compatibility: DDR4 is not backward compatible with DDR3, meaning that DDR4 memory cannot be used in DDR3 slots, and vice versa. This means that if you want to upgrade from DDR3 to DDR4, you'll need to replace the motherboard, CPU, and RAM modules.
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Manufacturer part number: 370-ACMX
- Type: Memory (RAM)
- Sub-Type: PC4-17000
- Product name: 16gb ddr4 sdram memory module
- Storage capacity: 16gb
- Memory technology: ddr4 sdram
- Number of modules: 1 x 16gb
- Chips organization: x4
- Bus speed: 2133mhz ddr4-2133/pc4-17000
- Data integrity check: ecc
- Signal processing: registered
- Cas latency timings: cl15
- Rank features: 2rx4
- Voltage: 1.2v
- Upgrade type: system specific
Huge server rooms and vast business centers are the way to the modern world but have you ever wondered how to speed things up? The faster data loading speeds and transfer rates can only be achieved with the modernly designed RAMs or memory modules. SDRAMs are a way to deal with the ballooning up networking needs and data access issues! We, at ALLHDD, got you covered with the PC4 17000 RAM featuring the ECC certified memory modules with a bandwidth of 4GB to 768GB. Here's what you need to know further about the PC4 17000 memory modules for your Proliant servers.
PC4 17000 Has The Unmatchable Latency!
Latency refers to the memory timings, which can be regarded as the breakdown of how fast the RAM can load data and access it from the hard drive. Memory timings measure the nanosecond unit and are symbolized as CL.
Thus, the higher the clock speed, the lower will be the Latency, as in the case of PC4 17000. In simpler terms, the DDR3 memory modules were operating on the CL11, which utilizes 13.75 nanoseconds while reading the data. On the flipside, PC4-17000 DDR4 runs on the CL15, making them use the 14.06 seconds to complete a read or task.
Dual Rank Vs. Single Rank DIMM PC4-17000 Memory Modules
The memory modules are being judged by the DIMMs as well. It's noteworthy to check whether the RAM is loaded with a suitable number of RANKs. Each channel must be loaded with the appropriate number of channels for optimal performance and extreme durability. Most commonly, the dual-ranked DIMMs serve the purpose in most of the systems. For instance, the dual-rank DIMMs can increase the performance by 7% compared to the single-rank DIMMs.
We, at ALLHDD, have covered the range of 16GB, 24GB, 32GB, 64GB, and 96GB RAMs with the single rank and dual rank channel memory. Not just this, but a little upgrade from both of these ranks is the Quad-Rank channel memory. ALLHDD also brought you the 128GB, 192GB, 256GB, and 384GB PC4-17000 RAMs with the quad-rank support in some models.
RDIMMs Support Faster Run Rate:
The main difference between the RDIMMs and LRDIMMs for the tech-savvies lies in the speed and Latency! The higher memory density calls for the LRDIMMs, while on the flip side, the higher rate with low Latency can be regulated via the RDIMMs. Also, the RDIMMs memory modules run faster than the previous generation RAMs and their similar companion, i.e., LRDIMMs. The reason being the clock signals and command/address buffered without any hassle.
Some models of PC4 17000 are also 288-pin LRDIMM in the 12GB and 512GB category. The LRDIMMs have their perks in terms of DRAM capacity. The data bits are buffered in the data buffers, maximizing the data transfer speeds.
Why Buy From ALLHDD?ALLHDD brought you the immense choice in the DDR4 PC4-17000 category in almost all the bandwidths to help you get the right deal. We have products ranging from 4GB to 768GB with ECC certification, LRDIMMs, RDIMMs, and 288-pin nodule capacity. Many products are factory sealed with 3 to 5 years of the warranty period from the manufacturer. You can also claim a 2.5% discount for most of the high-performing Dual-rank or Quad-rank memory modules for Proliant servers.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 370-ACMX at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.