Capacity and performance
Capacity and performance are two important factors that determine the functionality and effectiveness of a hard drive.
- Storage capacity refers to the amount of data that a hard drive can hold. In the case of the Dell 10TB 7.2K RPM SAS-12GBPS 512E LFF HDD (400-BGLO), the storage capacity is 10 terabytes, which is a large amount of storage space that can be used to store a wide variety of files such as documents, photos, videos, and music.
- Data transfer rates refer to the speed at which data can be transferred to and from the hard drive. The Dell 10TB 7.2K RPM SAS-12GBPS 512E LFF HDD has a data transfer rate of 12 Gbps SAS, which is a high-speed interface that allows for fast data transfer and can improve the performance of the system.
- Random access is a measure of how quickly the hard drive can access and retrieve data from random locations on the drive. The Dell 10TB 7.2K RPM SAS-12GBPS 512E LFF HDD has a 7.2K RPM spindle speed, which is relatively slow compared to some other drives on the market, but still provides acceptable performance for most workloads.
Reliability and durability
Reliability and durability are important factors to consider when choosing a hard drive, as they determine how well the drive will perform over time and in different conditions.
- Reliability refers to the ability of the hard drive to function properly and consistently over time. The Dell 10TB 7.2K RPM SAS-12GBPS 512E LFF HDD is built with enterprise-grade components and undergoes rigorous testing to ensure high levels of reliability. This also includes features such as Error Correction Code (ECC) which help detect and correct errors that may occur during data transfer.
- Durability refers to the ability of the hard drive to withstand different environmental conditions, such as high temperatures, humidity, and vibration. The Dell 10TB 7.2K RPM SAS-12GBPS 512E LFF HDD is designed to operate in a wide range of temperatures and has a MTBF (Mean Time Between Failures) of 1.2 million hours, which is a measure of the drive's durability. Additionally, it has a Non-recoverable Error Rate (NER) of 1 in 10^15 which is a measure of the drive's ability to detect and correct errors that may occur during data transfer.
Power consumption is an important factor to consider when choosing a hard drive, as it can affect the energy efficiency and cost of a system.
The Dell 10TB 7.2K RPM SAS-12GBPS 512E LFF HDD has a power consumption of 9.5W, which is considered to be low for a hard drive of this capacity. This low power consumption helps to reduce the energy consumption and costs associated with running the drive. Additionally, it also has a feature called power management which helps it to conserve power when not in use, further reducing power consumption.
In summary, the Dell 10TB 7.2K RPM SAS-12GBPS 512E LFF HDD has low power consumption which helps to reduce the energy consumption and costs associated with running the drive, and also has a power management feature that helps to conserve power when not in use.
- Manufacturer : Dell
- MPN : 400-BGLO
- Type : Hard Disk Drive With Tray
- HDD Type: 10TB-7 .2K RPM SAS-12GBPS
- SKU : 400-BGLO
- Device Type : Hard Drive - Hot-swap
- Storage Capacity : 10TB
- Interface : SAS-12GBPS
- Drive Dimensions : 3.5 Inch
- Features : Advanced Format 512E
- Spindle Speed : 7200 RPM
- drive Transfer Rate : 1200 MBPS (external)
- interfaces : 1 X Serial Attached SCSI - 12GBPS
- compatible Bays : 1 X Hot-plug - 3.5inch
- Emc poweredge c6420
- Emc poweredge r240
- Emc poweredge r340
- Emc poweredge r440
- Emc poweredge r540
- Emc poweredge r640
- Emc poweredge r6415
- Emc poweredge r740
- Emc poweredge r740xd
- Emc poweredge r740xd2
- Emc poweredge r7415
- Emc poweredge r7425
- Powervault nx3240
- Powervault nx440
About Refurbished Products
The Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) hard drives have become increasingly popular for their increasing use in high-end workstations and servers. These drives are employed in consumer desktops and modern servers for their speed and reliability. Enterprises have made the SAS hard drives their de-facto standard. Now, the 12Gbps speed throws the usefulness of these drives up a notch.
Most professional hosting providers now use SAS 12Gbps hard drives for data production. These drives have proven useful in high input/output operations and critical website functions. Users trust these drives because there is no risk of data loss, corruption, or downtime.
SAS 12Gbps drives read, write, and process data within split seconds. The latest 12Gbps disks use the latest RAID hardware technology to offer faster data transfer and recovery rates. They are perfect for sequential data, high workloads, and random IOPS alike.
This function allows them to be best suited for servers that have 100 percent duty cycles. They do not only work with desktops and PCs, but they can read/write data 24/7.
SAS 12Gbps HDDs have received the utmost attention in the market as a result of their high performance. These performance benefits allow it to be useful for a wide variety of applications. For instance, a SAS 12Gbps connection can support up to four wide lanes per connection.
Connecting JBOD with these SAS drives can support up to 1200MB/s. These high-performance drives do not only help handle large workloads; they also offer cost-effective expansion to an already robust system.
Also, each 12Gbps high-performance SAS drive can offer users a rotational speed of up to 15000 rpm.
They provide a great bandwidth enough to perform efficiently. The robust performance of SAS 12Gbps drives clearly a worthy investment for improved performance of servers and desktops. They provide very large amounts of storage options and are a cost-effective choice for users.
Flexibility is one of the best benefits of SAS 12Gbps drives. These drives have configured flexibility, which allows them to work perfectly with several devices without modification or changes. Many of them feature a Universal Serial controller for seamless system support.
SAS 12Gbps hard drives can also be partitioned into a storage pool and assigned to servers for work-intensive applications. They are a perfect fit for server systems, including reservation systems, medical imaging, and more!
Only this range of SAS hard drives can provide users with the best worlds of flexibility. This way, allows them to support use with other drives.
12Gbps SAS-based storage systems have the benefit of dual-port capability. This allows them to provide a redundant path to the drives in case of controller failover. These drives also operate on separate point-to-point connections. That way, it is rare for drive connection loss to affect them.SAS 12Gbps HDDs are built to handle the rigours of heavy workloads and enterprise use. They also safeguard data integrity, thanks to their ability to comprehensively verify data and correct errors.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.