Key Features and Benefits of the MegaRAID SAS RAID Controller
The Dell 405-AAPB MegaRAID SAS RAID controller provides several key features and benefits for data center environments, including:
- High performance: With a PCI Express 3.0 x8 interface and support for up to 256 SAS/SATA drives, the MegaRAID SAS RAID controller delivers fast and reliable data transfer speeds.
- Advanced RAID protection: The MegaRAID SAS RAID controller supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and 60, providing advanced data protection and availability for your critical applications.
- Scalability: With support for up to 256 drives and flexible storage configurations, the MegaRAID SAS RAID controller can scale with your data center as your storage needs grow.
- Easy management: The MegaRAID SAS RAID controller is managed through the MegaRAID Storage Manager (MSM) software, providing a simple and intuitive interface for configuring, monitoring, and managing your storage.
- Improved reliability: With features such as multiple arrays, disk roaming, and disk failure prediction, the MegaRAID SAS RAID controller helps ensure the reliability and availability of your data.
- Broad compatibility: The MegaRAID SAS RAID controller is compatible with a wide range of host servers and operating systems, including Windows Server and Linux distributions, making it a versatile solution for your data center.
These are just some of the key features and benefits of the Dell 405-AAPB MegaRAID SAS RAID controller. For more detailed information, it is recommended to consult the product specifications on the Dell website or to speak with a Dell representative.
Performance and Scalability of the MegaRAID SAS RAID Controller
The Dell LSI 9380-4I4E MegaRAID controller is a high-performance SAS RAID controller card with PCI-E 3.0 x8 interface. It supports up to 8 SATA or SAS hard drives with a maximum capacity of up to 108TB. The card supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and 60. The controller has 4 internal and 4 external SAS ports. The card features LSI's Tri-Mode technology, which allows it to be used in both SAS and SATA environments. In terms of performance, the card supports up to 6.0GB/s data transfer rate and has a 1GB DDR4 cache memory. In terms of scalability, the card supports multiple RAID arrays and can be expanded by adding additional drives to the existing array.
Compatibility with Host Servers and Operating Systems
The Dell LSI 9380-4I4E MegaRAID PCI-E 3.0 x8 SAS Raid Controller (405-AAPB) is compatible with the following host servers and operating systems:
- Dell PowerEdge Servers
- Dell Precision Workstations
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.x
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11.x
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12.x
- VMware vSphere 5.x
- VMware vSphere 6.x
- VMware vSphere 7.x
General Information about this Dell 405-AAPB
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Part Number or SKU# 405-AAPB
- Product Type : Controller
- Product Name : SAS-SATA
Technical Information of Raid Controller Card
- Interface : Raid Controller
- High Performance 12GBPS Data Transfer Rates-
- Four Internal / Four External 12gb/s Sata+sas Ports
- One Mini-sas Sff8643 Internal Connector
- One Mini-sas Sff8644 External Connector
- Lsisas3108 - 1.2ghz Powerpc 476 Dual Core 12gb/s Roc
- Pci Express 3.0 Host Interface
- 1gb Ddriii Cache Memory
- Raid Levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, And 60
- Support For Cachevault Flash Cache Protection
- 12GBPS Solutions Accelerate Performance For Next-generation Data Centers, Web And Cloud
- Delivers Enterprise-class Data Protection And Security
- Preserves Investment In 6gb/s And 3gb/s Drives
- Support For Avago Advanced Software Options
- Connect Up To 240 3gb/s, 6gb/s, Or 12gb/s Sata And Sas Devices
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
SAS controllers facilitate the use of SATA drives to increase the storage capacity with extreme ease. You can get the best SAS SATA controllers here on allhdd.com. Our SAS SATA controllers are some of the best you can find around at the best prices.
SATA is the acronym for Serial Advanced Technology Attachment while the SCSI, nicknamed Scuzzy, is short for Serial Attached Small Computer System Interface.
SATA and SAS connectors help link up your computer components, including media and hard drives to the system's motherboard. SATA drives are more affordable and used for personal computing while fast and reliable SAS drives are the best fit for servers.
On the other hand, SAS controllers work flawlessly on SATA hard drives because both share identical infrastructure and possess related characteristics.
If you'd prefer speed over space, then a SAS-based hard drive is your best bet. However, SATA drives on the other hand, while lagging in terms of speed have a much larger storage capacity.
Data Transfer Speed
Throughput is the volume of data that a drive can move, process, or read and write in a specific amount of time. The drive's throughput is usually tested to measure its speed.
The Input/output operations per second (IOPS) may also be measured. However, the IOPS and throughput outcomes usually imply the same things about the drive.
While the SAS drives boast higher throughput than SATA drives; there are fewer general delays. But there is some overlap between the more high-speed SATA drives and slower SAS drives. On allhdd.com, you can shop some of the best SAS SATA controllers from well-known brands across the world.
While a handful of factors affect the drive's performance, the major factor affecting throughput is the revolution per minute (rpm). Consequently, the higher the rpm, the higher the drive's throughput.
The speed variation is most notable when dealing with large files. A SAS drive boasting 15000 rpm will most likely read and write a 1TB file faster than a SATA drive with 7200 rpm.
Most SATA-based drives' usual speed ranges from 5400 rpm to 7200 rpm, and most SAS-based drives run between 7200 rpm and 15000 rpm.
SAS-SATA Controllers on Allhdd.com
While you can count on both quality and affordability, we also bring you a wide range of SAS SATA controllers to cater to your storage needs. SAS and SATA's notable difference is that SAS is developed to endure 24/7 performance in firms, including data centers. Choose from our collection of top-quality SAS SATA controllers including 24 Port, PERC H830, Expander Card, PERC H330, PERC H730, PERC 5, Host Bus Adapter, Equallogic, PERC H710, 4 Port, 1-Port, 8 Port, PERC H700, PERC H800, Smart Array, Serveraid, PERC H740, Raid Controller, PCI-E, 12 Port, Controller Card, and16 Port.
You can use a SATA drive for servers just as you would use a SAS drive. However, the SATA drive would deliver a slower performance and a higher probability of failing or hinting at a failure. This laxity could prove expensive to firms that depend on such drives.
A SAS drive has a mean time between failures (MTBF) that ranges from (1.2-1.6 million) hours of use at 113°F (45°C), while that of a SATA drive is about (700,000-1.2 million) hours of use at 77°F (25°C).
SATA disk drives offer many benefits, including the fact that they boast an unbeatable combination of low cost, high capacity, and performance. Taking advantage of this with SAS SATA controllers could bring a significant return on investment. You can count on a 24/7 customer care center for all issues regarding sales and delivery. Allhdd.com delivers all items free of charge within the 48 U. S. states. Please choose from our collection of top-quality SAS SATA controllers today for optimum performance.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.