Key Features and Benefits of the Dell Qlogic Qle2772 HBA
The Dell 406-BBPZ QLogic QLE2772 32GBPS Dual Port PCI-E 4.0×8 Fiber Channel HBA provides the following key features and benefits:
- High-Speed Performance: The QLE2772 HBA supports up to 32GB/s transfer rate, providing fast and reliable data transfer for high-performance applications and workloads.
- Dual Port Connectivity: The dual port design provides redundancy and failover capabilities, ensuring maximum uptime and availability for critical applications and storage.
- PCI-E 4.0 Support: The HBA supports the latest PCI-E 4.0 interface, providing increased bandwidth and improved performance for demanding applications and workloads.
- Fiber Channel Support: The HBA supports Fiber Channel protocol, providing high-speed and low-latency data transfer between storage systems and servers.
- Easy Deployment and Management: The HBA is compatible with popular operating systems, making deployment and management simple and straightforward.
- Optimized for Virtualization: The HBA is designed to work optimally with virtualized environments, providing improved performance and efficiency for virtualized workloads.
- Enhanced Security: The HBA supports advanced security features, such as Fiber Channel Security Protocol (FC-SP), to protect against unauthorized access and data breaches.
- Cost-Effective Solution: The HBA provides a cost-effective solution for connecting servers and storage systems, delivering high performance and reliability at an affordable price.
System Compatibility of the Dell Qlogic Qle2772 HBA
The Dell 406-BBPZ QLogic QLE2772 32GBPS Dual Port PCI-E 4.0×8 Fiber Channel HBA is compatible with the following systems:
- Dell PowerEdge Servers with PCI-E Gen 4 slot and running on Windows or Linux operating systems
- Dell PowerEdge C6400, C6420, C6525, R640, R740, R740xd, R840, R940, R440, R540, R640, R940xa, M640, M640, M740, M840, M940, T440, T640 and T740 servers
- Dell EMC PowerMax storage arrays
- Third-party servers that support 32GBFC HBAs and have PCI-E 4.0×8 slots
It is important to note that compatibility may also depend on the specific configuration and firmware versions of the system. It is recommended to check with Dell technical support or consult the system's user manual for specific compatibility information.
Installation and Configuration of the Dell Qlogic Qle2772 HBA
The installation and configuration of the Dell 406-BBPZ QLogic QLE2772 32GBPS Dual Port PCI-E 4.0×8 Fiber Channel HBA can be done in the following steps:
- Install the card in an available PCI-E slot on the server and secure it with screws.
- Connect the Fibre Channel cables from the card to the storage devices.
- Power on the server and boot into the operating system.
- Install the QLogic Fibre Channel HBA driver for the operating system. The driver can be obtained from the Dell website or from the operating system's repository.
- Configure the Fibre Channel HBA settings in the operating system. This may include setting up the World Wide Node Name (WWNN), World Wide Port Name (WWPN), and updating the firmware.
- Create the Fibre Channel storage LUNs (Logical Unit Numbers) on the storage array and assign them to the server.
- Configure the Fibre Channel zoning on the storage array.
- In the operating system, create a storage volume using the LUN and assign it to a file system.
- Mount the file system and verify the connectivity to the storage array.
It is recommended to consult the user manual for the specific operating system and the Fibre Channel HBA for detailed instructions and troubleshooting information.
- Manufacturer: Dell
- MPN: 406-BBPZ
- Type: Controller
- Controller Type: Fiber Channel
Technical Specs of the Dell Qlogic Qle2772 HBA
The Dell 406-BBPZ QLogic QLE2772 32GBPS Dual Port PCI-E 4.0×8 Fiber Channel HBA has the following technical specifications:
- Interface: PCI Express 4.0 x8
- Ports: Dual ports with LC-style connectors
- Data Transfer Rate: 32 Gbps
- Protocol Support: Fibre Channel
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.6, 7.7, 7.8, 8.1, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP3, 15 SP1, VMware ESXi 6.7 U3, 6.7 U2, 6.7 U1, 6.7, 6.5 U3, 6.5 U2, 6.5 U1, 6.5, Oracle Linux 7.7, 7.8, 8.1
- Advanced Features: Supports PCI-E 4.0, 4KB Large Block Data Transfer, Advanced Error Correction, Quality of Service (QoS), Target Mode and Initiator Mode
- Management: Supports SNMP, SMI-S and Dell OpenManage Server Administrator
- Dimensions: 6.6" x 2.71"
It is important to note that technical specifications may vary depending on the specific configuration and firmware versions of the product. It is recommended to check with Dell technical support or consult the product's user manual for specific technical specifications.
About New Bulk Pack Products
Are you looking to upgrade from the small computer system interface (SCSI) to something bigger for storage networking? A fiber channel is your better alternative, offering more speed and space. You can get the best fiber channel controllers on allhdd.com. We do not just offer the best products from notable brands, we bring them to you fast and affordable. Browse our collection, including Dual Controller, Raid Controller, 2 Port, 4 Port, Powervault, 8GB, 1GB, MSA1040, Host Bus Adapter, and PCI-E for all your fiber channel controller needs.
What is A Fiber Channel?
A fiber channel (FC) is a computer networking protocol used for transferring data between one or several computer systems at extremely high speeds. The successive technology generations of fiber channels run at data rates ranging from 1-128 (gigabit per second rates).
Fiber channels were initially developed for supercomputers. However, in recent times, they are commonly used in storage networking server environments, serving as a substitute to various serial storage technologies and small computer system interfaces (SCSI), aka "Scuzzy."
Fiber Channels are the integral components for data transmission among data centers, computer servers, switches, and storage at up to 128 Gbps.
History of Fiber Channel
Fiber channel began in 1988 to consolidate the advantages of multiple physical layer applications, including HIPPI, ESCON, and Scuzzy (SCSI). It is regulated in the T11 Technical Committee of the INCITS (International Committee for Information Technology Standards). The fiber channel effectively overcame the challenges of sustaining signal timing coherence across all the data-signal cables (50 for HIPPI and 8, 16, and 32 for scuzzy). Consequently, a receiver can conclude when all the electrical signal values are stable and sound for synchronous reception sampling.
The advantages of Fiber Channel
Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Network Attached Storage (NAS) have enjoyed increased popularity over the years. Fiber channel, on the other hand, has played a vital role in this development. While SAN employs fiber channel as the transmission protocol for storage provisioning, a NAS usually uses TCP/IP as the transmission protocol, NFS, or other file sharing applications for storage provisioning. Below are some of the advantages of the fiber channel.
Native fiber drives bring about high-level reliability and data integrity. They are dual-ported as a standard feature. Arguably the critical advantage that fiber channel SANs once held and still holds is the speed. It remains as one aspect that differentiates the fiber channel SANs from those of the Ethernet.
Fiber channel remains the ideal solution for IT professionals seeking high-performance, cost-effective information storage and reliability at high speeds. Given that fiber channel is a lossless protocol, it is often rated higher than the Ethernet network. Sent frames must be received in order and not dropped by the switch. This feature, however, is sometimes absent with Ethernet.
Other benefits of fiber channel FC include LUN masking, cost, and size. Allhdd.com fiber channel controllers are from trusted brands and are available at give-away prices. Please choose from our wide range collection and enjoy a 30-day warranty and fast delivery across 48 U.S. states.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.