Key Features and Specifications
The 43V7V Dell 8TB 7.2K RPM SAS 12GBPS LFF Hard Drive has the following key features and specifications:
- Form factor: Large Form Factor (LFF)
- Data transfer rate: Up to 1,200MB/s
- Seek time: 8.5ms
- Average latency: 4.16ms
- MTBF: 2 million hours
- Error recovery control and reporting
- Compatible with Dell servers and storage systems
- Hot-swap capable
- 3 years limited warranty
- RoHS compliant
The 8TB storage capacity of the drive allows for large amounts of data to be stored, making it suitable for use in data warehousing, video surveillance, and backup and archival systems. The 7.2K RPM spindle speed and 12GBps SAS interface provide fast data transfer speeds, allowing for quick access to stored data. The LFF form factor allows the drive to be used in larger systems, such as tower servers and storage arrays. The drive also has a MTBF of 2 million hours which provides a high level of reliability and durability. The drive is also Hot-swap capable which allows for easy replacement of the drive. It also comes with a 3 years limited warranty and is RoHS compliant.
Installation and Set-up Guide
The installation and set-up guide for the 43V7V Dell 8TB 7.2K RPM SAS 12GBPS LFF Hard Drive will vary depending on the specific server or storage system in which it will be used. However, here are some general steps that can be followed for installing and setting up the hard drive:
- Make sure the system is powered off and unplugged before installing the hard drive.
- Open the system's hard drive bay and remove any existing hard drives or mounting hardware if necessary.
- Carefully slide the 43V7V Dell 8TB 7.2K RPM SAS 12GBPS LFF Hard Drive into the drive bay, making sure it is properly aligned and seated.
- Secure the hard drive with any necessary mounting hardware, such as screws or drive caddies.
- Connect the SAS interface cable to the hard drive and to the system's SAS controller.
- Power on the system and enter the system's BIOS or RAID controller utility to configure the hard drive.
- In the BIOS or RAID controller utility, the hard drive should be recognized and can be configured as a single disk or as part of a RAID array.
- If the hard drive is being added to an existing RAID array, make sure to use the appropriate options for adding the hard drive to the array, such as "hot spare" or "global hot spare".
- Once the hard drive is configured, it should be initialized and formatted for use.
- Finally, check if the hard drive is working properly and if it is showing the correct storage capacity.
Data protection and Recovery Options
The 43V7V Dell 8TB 7.2K RPM SAS 12GBPS LFF Hard Drive provides several data protection and recovery options to ensure the integrity and availability of stored data.
- RAID: One of the most common data protection and recovery options is using the hard drive in a RAID array. RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) provides data redundancy and improved data reliability by using multiple hard drives to store data. RAID levels such as RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, and RAID 10 can be used with the 43V7V Dell 8TB 7.2K RPM SAS 12GBPS LFF Hard Drive.
- Backup and Archival: The hard drive can also be used for backup and archival purposes, creating copies of important data to ensure it can be recovered in case of data loss. This can be done through software or hardware solutions such as backup software, tape libraries, and cloud-based storage.
- Error Recovery Control and Reporting: The 43V7V Dell 8TB 7.2K RPM SAS 12GBPS LFF Hard Drive also features error recovery control and reporting, which helps prevent data loss and minimize downtime.
- Unrecoverable Error Count: This feature allows you to monitor the number of unrecoverable errors that occur on the drive, which could indicate a potential problem.
- Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T) : S.M.A.R.T is a monitoring system built into most hard drives that measures various operational parameters of a hard drive and predicts possible drive failures.
- Hot Spare: A hot spare is an additional hard drive that can be added to a RAID array to automatically replace a failed drive. This feature can help minimize downtime and improve data availability.
It's important to note that the above-mentioned options are not exclusive to 43V7V Dell hard drive and can be applied to other hard drives as well. The best data protection and recovery strategy will depend on the specific needs of the application and the system in which the hard drive is being used.
- Manufacturer Part : 43V7V
- Device Type : Hard Drive - Hot-Swap
- Form Factor : 3.5
- Interface : SAS-12GBPS
- Capacity : 8TB
- Features : 512e Crypto
- Spin Speed : 7200 RPM
- Drive Transfer Rate : 1200 MBPS (External)
- Interfaces : 1 X Serial Attached SCSI
- Compatible Bays : 1 X Hot-Swap - 3.5inch
- poweredge R210
- poweredge R310
- poweredge R320
- poweredge R410
- poweredge R415
- poweredge R420
- poweredge R510
- poweredge R515
- poweredge R520
- poweredge R710
- poweredge R720
- poweredge R720xd
- poweredge T310
- poweredge T320
- poweredge T410
- poweredge T420
- poweredge T610
- poweredge T620
- poweredge T710
- powervault Dl2200
- powervault Md1200
- powervault Md3200
- powervault Md3200i
- powervault Md3600f
- powervault Md3600i
- powervault Nx200
- powervault Nx300
- powervault Nx3000
- powervault Nx3100
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 43V7V at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Hard Drive - SAS-12GBPS
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.