Integrated Management and Automation
Integrated Management and Automation refers to the integration of various management tools and automation processes into a single platform to streamline network administration and management tasks. This approach helps to improve efficiency, reduce manual errors, and increase the overall reliability and stability of the network.
In the context of networking, integrated management and automation solutions typically include features such as network discovery, configuration management, monitoring, alerting, and reporting. The platform can also provide automated workflows for common tasks such as firmware upgrades, backups, and provisioning of new devices.
By integrating multiple management tools into a single platform, organizations can gain a unified view of their network infrastructure and simplify the administration of complex networks. This can help to reduce the time and resources required to manage the network, freeing up IT staff to focus on more strategic initiatives. Additionally, integrated management and automation solutions can help to improve the security of the network by automating security-related tasks such as threat detection and response.
Future-proofing your network infrastructure
Future-proofing your network infrastructure involves making investments and design choices today that will support the evolving needs of your organization in the future. This includes preparing for changing technology trends, increasing network demands, and new business requirements.
There are several key steps you can take to future-proof your network infrastructure:
- Scalability: Choose a network infrastructure that is scalable to meet the growing demands of your organization. This includes selecting switches and routers that can accommodate increased bandwidth and increased numbers of connected devices.
- Flexibility: Look for solutions that provide flexible deployment options such as virtualization and cloud-based solutions. This allows you to easily adapt to changing business requirements and accommodate new technologies as they become available.
- Network Automation: Automating network management and administration tasks can help to improve efficiency, reduce manual errors, and free up IT staff to focus on more strategic initiatives.
- Network Security: Make sure your network infrastructure is designed with security in mind. This includes implementing security measures such as firewalls, VPNs, and access control to protect against cyber threats.
- Interoperability: Choose network solutions that are interoperable with existing and future technologies. This allows you to easily integrate new solutions into your existing network infrastructure and avoid the need for costly rip-and-replace initiatives.
- Training and Expertise: Ensure that your IT staff has the necessary training and expertise to support and manage your network infrastructure. This includes staying up-to-date with new technologies and best practices for network administration and management.
By taking a proactive approach to future-proofing your network infrastructure, you can ensure that your organization is prepared for the changing technology landscape and that your network is able to support the evolving needs of your business.
Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Power over Ethernet (PoE) is a technology that enables the delivery of both power and data over a single Ethernet cable. It eliminates the need for separate power cables and electrical outlets for devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and network cameras.
In a typical PoE setup, a PoE-enabled switch or injector is used to supply power to PoE-compatible devices. The switch or injector sends power over the spare pairs of wires in the Ethernet cable, while the data is transmitted over the other pairs of wires.
There are two main types of PoE:
- IEEE 802.3af: This is the original PoE standard, which provides up to 15.4 watts of power per port. It is commonly used for devices such as IP phones and wireless access points.
- IEEE 802.3at: This is an improved version of PoE that provides up to 30 watts of power per port. It is commonly used for devices such as high-power wireless access points, network cameras, and displays.
PoE has several key benefits:
- Simplified deployment: PoE eliminates the need for separate power cables and electrical outlets, making it easier to deploy and manage devices in challenging environments.
- Cost savings: PoE can reduce the cost of deploying and maintaining devices by eliminating the need for separate power cables and electrical outlets.
- Increased reliability: PoE helps to reduce the risk of downtime due to power outages or cable faults.
- Increased security: PoE helps to reduce the risk of unauthorized access to devices by eliminating the need for electrical outlets.
PoE has become an essential technology for many organizations, as it helps to simplify the deployment and management of networked devices while providing cost savings, increased reliability, and enhanced security.
General Information about this Dell 463-7254
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Part Number or SKU# 463-7254
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Technical Information of Dell 24 Ports Switch
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 24 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
- Total Number of Network Ports: 24
- Media Type Supported: Twisted Pair, Optical Fiber
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Network Technology: 1000Base-T, 10GBase-X
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 4
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP+
- Number of SFP+ Slots: 4
- Form Factor: Rack-mountable
Dimension and Weight for this Dell Ethernet Switch
- Height: 1.7 inch
- Width: 17.3 inch
- Depth: 10.1 inch
- Weight (Approximate): 6.60 lbs
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.