Overview of the Dell 74F79 Networking Switch
Dell 74F79 is a high-performance networking switch that is designed to cater to the ever-increasing demands of high-speed data transfer in data centers, cloud environments, and large-scale enterprise networks. The switch comes with 32 ports of 100 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) and two ports of Small Form-factor Pluggable Plus (SFP+). Additionally, it features two Power Supply Units (PSU) that ensure uninterrupted power supply to the switch, even in the event of a power failure.
In this article, we will explore the features and benefits of Dell 74F79 Networking Switch in detail, including its architecture, design, and performance characteristics. We will also discuss the use cases and applications of the switch, and how it can help enterprises and organizations to meet their networking needs.
Architecture and Design
- The Dell 74F79 Networking Switch is built on a modular architecture that allows it to be configured and optimized according to the specific needs of an organization. The switch features a high-performance Broadcom Trident 3 switching ASIC, which provides line-rate switching and packet forwarding capabilities for all 32 ports of 100 GbE.
- The switch also features a non-blocking architecture that enables it to support the full capacity of all 32 ports simultaneously. This means that data can be transmitted at full speed on all ports without any loss of throughput or delay.
- The Dell 74F79 Networking Switch has a compact and space-saving design that makes it ideal for deployment in data centers and enterprise networks where space is at a premium. The switch is designed to be rack-mounted and can be installed in a standard 19-inch rack.
- The Dell 74F79 Networking Switch is designed to deliver high-performance networking capabilities to meet the demands of modern data centers and enterprise networks. The switch provides a total switching capacity of 6.4 Terabits per second (Tbps), which ensures that data can be transmitted at high speeds across all 32 ports of 100 GbE.
- The switch also supports advanced networking features such as Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs), Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP), Quality of Service (QoS), and Access Control Lists (ACLs). These features enable network administrators to optimize network traffic, prioritize critical applications, and secure the network against unauthorized access.
- In addition to these features, the Dell 74F79 Networking Switch also supports advanced monitoring and management capabilities, including Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), Remote Monitoring (RMON), and Network Time Protocol (NTP). These features allow network administrators to monitor and manage the switch remotely, ensuring maximum uptime and availability.
Use Cases and Applications
- The Dell 74F79 Networking Switch is ideally suited for deployment in large-scale data centers and enterprise networks that require high-speed networking capabilities. The switch can be used to connect servers, storage devices, and other network devices, providing high-speed connectivity and ensuring that data can be transmitted quickly and efficiently.
- The switch can also be used in cloud environments, where it can be used to connect virtual machines and ensure that data can be transmitted quickly and efficiently across the network. In addition, the switch is ideal for use in high-performance computing (HPC) environments, where it can be used to connect high-performance computing nodes and ensure that data can be transferred at high speeds.
Overall, the Dell 74F79 Networking Switch is a high-performance networking switch that is designed to cater to the needs of modern data centers and enterprise networks. The switch features 32 ports of 100 GbE and two ports of SFP+, and two Power Supply Units that ensure uninterrupted power supply to the switch. The switch is built on a modular architecture, has a compact design, and supports advanced networking features, monitoring
General Information about this Dell 74F79
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Part Number or SKU# 74F79
- Product Line: Power Switch
- Product Type: Ethernet Switch
Technical Information for Dell 32 Port Adapter
- Ports: 32 X Fixed 100GBE QSFP28 Ports
- Uplink Ports: 2 X Fixed 1/10GBE SFP+ Ports
- Power Supply: 2 X Redundant, Hot-swappable 750w AC Psus
- Airflow: Standard (i/o To PSU), Reverse (PSU To I/o)
- Poe: N/a
- Transceivers: Not Included
- 1 X Rail Kit
- 1 X Console Cable
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.