Managed L3 Switching Capabilities
The Dell 943V5 EMC Networking switch is a network device with 48 10-Gigabit SFP+ ports and 6 100-Gigabit QSFP28 ports. It is a managed switch, which means it can be configured and controlled through a network management system. It also has Layer 3 switching capabilities, which allow it to make intelligent decisions about how to forward traffic based on IP addresses and other network layer information, which can improve network performance and security.
Physical and Environmental Features
The Dell 943V5 EMC Networking 10-Gigabit SFP+ 48-Ports QSFP28 Managed L3 Switch is a network switch designed for enterprise-level networking environments. It has 48 SFP+ 10-Gigabit Ethernet ports and 4 QSFP28 ports, which can be used for stacking or uplink connectivity.
The switch is managed and has Layer 3 routing capabilities, which means it can direct traffic between different subnets on the network. The switch has a data transfer rate of up to 1.44Tbps and a forwarding rate of up to 1.07 billion packets per second.
In terms of physical features, the switch has a 1U rack-mountable form factor and measures 44.25cm x 43.16cm x 4.3cm. It weighs approximately 9.9kg.
The switch has hot-swappable power supplies, which means that power supplies can be replaced without turning off the switch. It also has hot-swappable fan trays for easy maintenance.
The switch has a maximum power consumption of 230W, which can be reduced with power-saving features such as Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) and port standby mode.
In terms of environmental features, the switch has a temperature operating range of 0°C to 45°C and a humidity operating range of 5% to 85%. It is designed to operate in a well-ventilated area with good air flow to prevent overheating.
Advanced Network Security Features
The Dell 943V5 Emc Networking switch is a 10-Gigabit SFP+ 48-port QSFP28 managed L3 switch that offers advanced network security features. This switch is designed to provide high performance and reliable connectivity for data center and enterprise applications.
The 10-Gigabit SFP+ ports support data transfer rates of up to 10 Gbps, while the 48-port QSFP28 provides up to 100 Gbps of aggregate bandwidth. This allows the switch to handle high-speed data transfer and provide high-speed connectivity to multiple devices.
The switch is also managed, which means that it can be configured and controlled through a web interface or command line interface. This allows administrators to monitor and manage the switch remotely, making it easier to troubleshoot and manage network issues.
The advanced network security features of this switch include support for network access control, advanced authentication and encryption protocols, and firewall features. This helps to secure the network and prevent unauthorized access, making it ideal for enterprise applications that require high levels of security.
General Information about this Dell 943V5
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Part Number or SKU# 943V5
- Device Type: Switch 48 Ports L3 Managed
Product Information for Dell 48 Port Switch
- Enclosure Type: Front To Back Airflow Rack-Mountable 1U
- Subtype: 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Ports: 48 X 10 Gigabit SFP+ + 4 X 100 Gigabit QSFP28 + 2 X 40 Gigabit QSFP+
- Performance: Switching Capacity: 1.76 Tbps Throughput: 1320 Mpps
- Capacity: arp Entries: 200000 Ipv4 Routes: 200000 Ipv6 Routes: 130000 Ipv6 Hosts: 130000 Multicast Hosts: 8000 Links Per Group: 32 Link Aggregation Groups: 128 Layer 2 Vlans: 4000 Layer 2 Vlans: 500 Mstp Instances: 32 Pvst Instances: 128 Maximum Acl Rules Per Interface (ipv4) Ingress Rules: 6000 Maximum Acl Rules Per Interface (ipv4) Egress Rules: 1000 Maximum Acl Rules Per Interface (ipv6) Ingress Rules: 3000 Maximum Acl Rules Per Interface (ipv6) Egress Rules: 500
- Mac Address Table Size : 272000 Entries
- Routing Protocol : Ospf, Bgp-4, Ospfv2, Policy-based Routing (pbr)
- Remote Management Protocol : Snmp 1, Snmp 2
- Encryption Algorithm : Md5
- Authentication Method : Radius, Tacacs
- Features : Flow Control, Arp Support, Port Mirroring, Spanning Tree Protocol (stp) Support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (rstp) Support, Virtual Route Redundancy Protocol (vrrp) Support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (mstp) Support, Access Control List (acl) Support, Quality Of Service (qos), Lacp Support, Lldp Support, Dynamic Vlan Support (gvrp), 4 Fans, Priority-based Flow Control (pfc), Internet Control Message Protocol (icmp), Dns Client
- Compliant Standards : Ieee 802.3u, Ieee 802.3i, Ieee 802.3z, Ieee 802.1d, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.3ab, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3x, Ieee 802.3ad (lacp), Ieee 802.1w, Ieee 802.1x, Ieee 802.3ae, Ieee 802.3ac, Ieee 802.1s, Ieee 802.1t, Ieee 802.1ab (lldp), Ieee 802.3ba, Ieee 802.1qbb, Ieee 802.1qaz, Ieee 802.3bj
- Ram: 4 Gb
Expansion / Connectivity of Dell Ethernet Switch
- 24 X 10gbit Lan Sfp+
- 24 X 8/16gb Fibre Channel Sfp+
- 2 X 40gbit Lan Qsfp+
- 4 X 25gbit Lan / 16/32gb Fibre Channel Qsfp28
- 1 X Serial (rs-232) Rj-45 Management
- 1 X 10/100/1000 Base-t Rj-45 Management
- 1 X Console (micro-usb) Rj-45
Power for this Dell Rack-Mountable Switch
- Power Device : External Power Adapter - Hot-plug
- Installed Qty : 2
- Power Redundancy : Yes
- Power Provided : 460 Watt
- Voltage Required : Ac 120/230 V (50/60 Hz)
- Power Consumption Operational : 460 Watt
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.