Ultimate Hybrid Storage Solution
The Dell 98K26 SATA 1.92TB 6GBPS Hot Swap TLC Mixed Use Hybrid Carrier SSD is a hybrid storage solution that combines the best features of both solid-state drives (SSDs) and hard disk drives (HDDs) to provide high performance and high capacity storage. The drive utilizes a SATA 6GBPS interface and a 1.92TB storage capacity, providing fast data transfer speeds and large storage capacity. The drive is also built using TLC (triple-level cell) NAND flash memory, which allows for high write endurance and a lower cost per GB compared to other types of flash memory.
This hybrid drive also features a hot-swap capability, allowing for easy replacement without the need to shut down the system, which makes it very useful for servers and data centers. Additionally, the drive is designed for mixed-use workloads, meaning it can handle a variety of workloads including read-intensive and write-intensive applications.
Maximize Your Data Center's Efficiency
To maximize the efficiency of the Dell 98K26 SATA 1.92TB 6GBPS Hot Swap TLC Mixed Use Hybrid Carrier SSD in your data center, you can take several steps:
- Use a solid-state drive (SSD) caching solution to improve I/O performance.
- Use data compression and deduplication techniques to reduce the amount of data that needs to be stored on the SSD.
- Ensure that your servers and storage systems are configured for optimal performance, such as configuring the correct block size for your workloads.
- Monitor the SSD's performance and health regularly, and replace it if necessary to prevent performance degradation.
- Use a RAID configuration to protect against data loss in case of drive failure
- Consider using a flash-optimized storage solution that can take advantage of the high IOPS and low latency of the Dell 98K26 SSD.
Note: Please consider that this is a general advice and you should consult with your IT team and vendor for more specific information for your particular use case.
Perfect Balance of Capacity and Performance
To achieve the perfect balance of capacity and performance with a Dell 98K26 SATA 1.92TB 6GBPS Hot Swap TLC Mixed Use Hybrid Carrier SSD, there are several steps that can be taken:
- Use the SSD in a system that supports SATA 6GBPS, as this will provide the fastest possible data transfer speeds.
- Use the SSD in a hot-swap drive carrier, which will allow for easy replacement and maintenance of the SSD.
- Use the SSD in a RAID configuration, as this can increase the performance and capacity of the SSD.
- Make sure the SSD firmware is up to date, as this can improve performance and fix any bugs or compatibility issues.
- Utilize the Mixed Use TLC NAND flash technology, which combines the benefits of SLC and TLC to provide a balance of performance and capacity
- Use software that is optimized for use with SATA SSDs, such as the Dell Storage Manager.
- Keep the SSD free of unnecessary data, as this can help to maintain optimal performance and capacity.
- Properly configure the SSD for mixed-use workloads by setting appropriate cache buffer size.
- Use the SSD in an environment that is temperature-controlled and protected against power failures.
- Regularly monitor the health and performance of the SSD to ensure it is operating at optimal levels.
By following these steps, you can help to ensure that the SSD is being used to its fullest potential, and that you are able to achieve the perfect balance of capacity and performance in your data center.
General Information about this Dell 98K26 SSD
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Part Number or SKU# 98K26
- Device Type: Solid State Drive Hot-swap
- Interface Type: SATA 6GBPS
Technical Information of Dell 1.92TB Solid State Drive
- Storage Capacity: 1.92 TB
- Form Factor: 2.5 Inch (3.5in Hybrid Kit )
- Features: Mixed Use TLC
- Data Transfer Rate: 600GBPS (external)
- Lithography: 3d Nand TLC
Dimensions & Weight for this Dell 2.5 Inch SSD
- Height: 0.63 inch
- Width: 3.10 inch
- Depth: 5.45 inch
- Weight: 1.50 lbs
Expansion / Connectivity of Dell SATA 6GBPS Solid State Drive
- Interfaces: 1 X SATA 6 GBPS
- Compatible Bays: 1 X Hot-swap 2.5inch
- Poweredge R630
- Poweredge R730
- Poweredge T630
- Poweredge R730xd
- Poweredge R430
- Poweredge R530
- Poweredge T430
- Poweredge R230
- Poweredge R330
- Poweredge T330
- Poweredge R630xl
- Poweredge R730xd Xl
- Poweredge R230xl
- Poweredge R330xl
- Poweredge T640
- Poweredge T440
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
Solid-state hybrid drives come in a perfect combination of conventional platter-based hard disk drives and solid-state technologies. Users who have looked to upgrade the drives for laptops, computers, and drivers may find SSHD very useful.
Having a mix of two incredible storage technologies at affordable prices is an opportunity that doesn't come around too often. Users can access files stored in the drives faster. An SSHD may look and feel like a conventional hard drive. However, there's a twist to them.
They come with additional space to effectively hold the solid-state cache technology. The performance of a solid-state hybrid drive depends on the amount of solid-state memory present. There are options that have up to 2TB and 4TB of storage, which are perfect for use in servers.
Other smaller capacity options for laptops and desktops include 500GB, 750GB, and others. They often don't require extra NAND memory chips. SSHDs are significant improvements over the traditional magnetic drives. They are incredible options for users who browse the web often, gamers, and other productive applications.
Faster, Bigger, and Durable
Hybrid SSDs allow you, users, to work faster and smarter, thanks to the latest NAND flash technology. It comes with the traditional hard drive combined with a compact blend of solid-state drive capacity. This speeds up the transfer and operational speeds by more than five times the typical hard drives.
The catching algorithm in these hybrid drives makes them significantly faster. They store an operating system and several other program files in the solid-state memory. Therefore, users can expect to get solid-state speeds whenever they wish to access their files.
Superior Storage Capacity
Gamers and graphics workers will find these hybrid solid-state drives handy. They make pictures, videos, and game graphics sharper. For example, the 2TB storage SSHD from several reliable manufacturers helps users bypass the deleting of files. That is, users do not have to delete other data to free up disk space.
They are available in two different form factors. There is a 2.5 inch and 3.5-inch SSHD. Both options are compact, and they allow for easy portability. Storing data in high amounts has now been made easy with these impressive drives.
Extreme Durability for Long-Term Use
Asides from being highly reliable for their storage capacities, solid-state hybrid drives are very durable. They are constructed with high-quality materials that are resistant to shock and other mechanical issues.
Therefore, users can be sure that the hybrid SSD can serve them for a long period of time. Many of the SSHD options have a load/unload cycle of about 600,000 or more. Consequently, they can last up to 11 years of use. They also have lesser failure rates due to program cycles because they efficiently used the SSD and HDD technologies.
Effective Power Saving
Hybrid solid-state drives will potentially lower users' overall costs and increase capabilities. The performance tuning of these hybrid drives ensures that they draw lesser power than other offerings. The low power consumption increases system performance while improving durability.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.