Increased System Stability
RAM (Random Access Memory) is a type of computer memory that is used to temporarily store data that the CPU (Central Processing Unit) needs to access quickly. When the CPU needs to perform a task, it loads the necessary data from the hard drive into RAM so it can be quickly accessed. The faster the RAM, the quicker the CPU can access data and perform tasks, resulting in increased system performance.
In the case of the Dell 8GB 667Mhz PC2-5300 240-Pin DDR2 ECC SDRAM Registered RAM, the increased system stability is achieved through several factors:
- Increased capacity: With 8GB of RAM, the computer has more memory to work with, allowing it to handle more programs and data at once without slowing down or crashing. This means that the computer can handle more complex tasks without encountering memory-related errors.
- Higher frequency: The 667Mhz frequency of the RAM means that it can transfer data at a faster rate than lower frequency RAM, which translates into faster overall system performance.
- ECC (Error Correction Code) technology: ECC RAM has built-in error correction capabilities that can detect and correct single-bit errors. This means that the RAM can detect and fix errors before they cause system instability, leading to increased stability and reliability.
- Registered technology: Registered RAM is designed to reduce electrical load on the memory controller, which can improve system stability, especially in high-density memory configurations.
High Speed and Capacity
The A2257181 Dell 8GB 667MHz PC2-5300 240-pin DDR2 ECC SDRAM Registered RAM is a type of computer memory that is designed to provide high-speed data access and a large storage capacity to support the performance requirements of server and workstation systems. Here's a breakdown of the different aspects of this RAM:
- The 667MHz speed refers to the clock speed at which the RAM operates, indicating how fast data can be read from or written to the RAM.
- The higher the clock speed, the faster the RAM can perform data operations, which can result in better overall system performance.
- This RAM also utilizes DDR2 (Double Data Rate 2) technology, which effectively doubles the clock speed by transferring data on both the rising and falling edges of the clock signal.
- The 8GB capacity refers to the amount of data that the RAM can store at once.
- A higher capacity allows the RAM to handle more data-intensive tasks or multiple applications running simultaneously.
- This RAM is also ECC (Error-Correcting Code) and registered, which provides additional error detection and correction capabilities and helps ensure system stability and reliability.
The A2257181 Dell 8GB 667Mhz Pc2-5300 240-Pin DDR2 Ecc SDRAM Registered Ram is a type of computer memory module that is designed to be energy efficient.
Energy efficiency refers to the ability of a system to perform its functions using the minimum amount of energy possible. In the case of computer memory, this means that the module is designed to consume less power while still providing the necessary performance to operate the computer.
There are several ways in which the A2257181 Dell 8GB 667Mhz Pc2-5300 240-Pin DDR2 Ecc SDRAM Registered Ram is energy efficient.
Firstly, it uses DDR2 technology, which is a more energy-efficient version of memory technology than its predecessor, DDR. DDR2 memory modules consume less power and produce less heat than DDR modules.
Secondly, the module is registered, which means that it uses a buffer to reduce the electrical load on the memory controller. This reduces the power consumption of the module and also helps to prevent errors in data transmission.
Finally, the module is designed to operate at a lower voltage than older memory modules. The A2257181 Dell 8GB 667Mhz Pc2-5300 240-Pin DDR2 Ecc SDRAM Registered Ram operates at 1.8 volts, which is lower than the voltage used by older memory modules. This lower voltage helps to reduce power consumption and heat generation.
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Manufacturer part number: A2257181
- Type: Memory (RAM)
- Sub-Type: PC2-5300
- Product name: 8gb ddr2 sdram memory module
- Storage capacity: 8gb
- Memory technology: ddr2 sdram
- Number of modules: 2 x 4gb
- Memory speed: 667mhz ddr2-667/pc2-5300
- Data integrity check: ecc chipkill
- Signal processing: registered
- Cas latency timings: cl5
- Ram features: fully buffered
About New Bulk Pack Products
Are you looking for the best PC-5300 modules for your server or PC? Allhdd.com is your one-stop-shop for modules from top brands on the market. We have a wide range of memory kits you can choose from. Browse through our website for the best PC2-5300 modules for all your needs.
Double Data Rate (DDR) stands for Synchronous Dynamic Random-Access Memory (SDRAM). It is the typical type of memory that serves as RAM for almost all modern-day processors.
The DDR2 SDRAM (Double Data Rate 2 SDRAM) is the upgrade to DDR SDRAM. It comes with a four-bit pre-fetch buffer and runs its external data bus at double the DDR SDRAM speed to facilitate a faster performance.
Buying DDR2 SDRAM from allhdd.com is pretty much straightforward if you know the front-bus of your system.
There are a handful of features to look out for when choosing a RAM. Suppose you wanted to decide between RAMs of varying clock speeds. In that case, the RAM with a greater clock speed is better. However, when choosing between RAMs of identical clock speeds, the RAM with lower CAS latency will perform faster. Latency is a measure of how long it takes to collect data from memory. The higher this figure, the greater the latency.
The DDR2 PC2-5300 memory is generally regarded as DDR2-667. Its design and unique features work efficiently with systems featuring a 333MHz front-side bus, rendering a data transfer rate of 667MT/s.
The PC2 5300 RAM has a module bandwidth of 5300MB/s. This bandwidth is the highest amount of data the PC2 5300 transfers every second.
Depending on your preference and budget, there are various PC2-5300 memory kits and sizes you can buy here on allhdd.com. These include 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 64GB, 32GB, and 128GB memory kits. All units are brand new and available at pocket-friendly prices.
Factors to consider before buying the PC2 modules
Your system's RAM is the single most crucial feature for a flawless performance. Hence, picking one requires some attention to certain factors.
You should know the frequency at which your server or computer motherboard operates. It is catastrophic to mount a memory with a lower frequency than the motherboard's minimum frequency. You risk damaging both RAM and your motherboard. Here are the typical speeds for DDR2 SDRAM modules:
PC2-3200 (DDR2-400 at 3200Mbps throughput)
PC2-8500 (DDR2-1066), and
- RAM Size
Depending on your hardware, the modern-day memory module size ranges from 4GB to 128GB. If your system performs a lot of multitasking daily, you'll need a bigger RAM size. You can buy all memory kits ranging from 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 64GB, 32GB, and 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, 1TB, and more here on allhdd.com.
- DDR Generation
Motherboards that are built to support the newer generation DDR will not work with older generations. Be sure to figure out what works for your PC. A DDR2 memory module will not work on a motherboard that features a DDR3 DIMM slot. The same thing applies to other memory modules and DIMM slots.
- Number of Channels
Dual channels are the most preferred choice when it comes to the channel number. Say your PC needs 16GB; in that case, you can take a two 8GB memory kit in dual channel mode.
Allhdd.com offers all the top-range memory modules from well-known brands. You get to save more when you shop on allhdd.com. Enjoy free Ground Shipping on all orders placed within all states in the US. Rest easy; there is expert advice and an information support desk if you get stuck.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.