Importance of Heat Spreader in RAM
Heat spreaders on RAM modules serve the purpose of dissipating the heat generated by the RAM chips during operation. The heat generated by the RAM chips can negatively impact the performance and lifespan of the RAM if not properly managed.
The heat spreader on the RAM module helps to distribute the heat generated by the RAM chips across a larger surface area, thereby increasing the effectiveness of heat dissipation. This allows the RAM to operate at a cooler temperature, which can result in better performance and stability.
In addition, high operating temperatures can significantly reduce the lifespan of the RAM. The heat spreader on RAM modules helps to reduce the operating temperature of the RAM, which can increase its lifespan.
Furthermore, overclocking the RAM can generate more heat, and the heat spreader plays a crucial role in dissipating this additional heat. Overclocking refers to increasing the speed of the RAM beyond the manufacturer's recommended specifications, which can improve performance but also generate more heat.
RAM overclocking refers to increasing the speed of the RAM beyond the manufacturer's recommended specifications in order to improve performance. Overclocking RAM can result in faster data transfer rates, which can lead to faster overall system performance.
To overclock RAM, it is necessary to increase the clock frequency of the RAM module. This can be done by adjusting the memory multiplier or the base clock frequency in the system BIOS. However, it is important to note that overclocking RAM can generate more heat, which can impact the stability and lifespan of the RAM if not properly managed.
In order to overclock RAM safely, it is important to ensure that the system has adequate cooling, as higher clock frequencies can generate more heat. It is also recommended to increase the voltage of the RAM slightly to improve stability when overclocking. However, increasing the voltage beyond the recommended specifications can damage the RAM module.
It is important to note that not all RAM modules are capable of overclocking. Only certain models and brands may be capable of running at higher clock frequencies. Additionally, overclocking RAM can void the warranty of the RAM module and can also lead to instability issues or system crashes.
BIOS Configuration for RAM
BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is a firmware that is responsible for booting up a computer and controlling the system hardware. In addition to this, BIOS also plays an important role in configuring the RAM settings on the computer.
Here are some of the BIOS settings that can be used to configure the RAM:
- XMP (Extreme Memory Profile): XMP is a technology developed by Intel that allows the user to select pre-defined RAM profiles that optimize the RAM for better performance. These profiles include optimized settings for memory speed, voltage, and timings.
- Memory Clock Speed: This setting determines the clock frequency of the RAM. Higher clock speeds can result in better performance, but it is important to ensure that the system is stable at the higher clock speed.
- Memory Timings: RAM timings refer to the amount of time it takes for the RAM to complete a particular operation. Tighter timings can result in better performance, but it is important to ensure that the system is stable with the tighter timings.
- Memory Voltage: This setting determines the voltage supplied to the RAM module. Increasing the voltage can improve stability, but it is important to ensure that the voltage does not exceed the maximum recommended specifications for the RAM module.
- Memory Channel Configuration: This setting determines how the RAM is configured on the system. This includes settings for single-channel, dual-channel, or quad-channel memory configurations.
- Memory Testing: Some BIOS also offer built-in memory testing tools to check the stability of the RAM configuration.
It is important to note that not all BIOS will have the same options for configuring the RAM settings. Additionally, changing these settings can result in instability or even damage to the RAM module if not done carefully. Therefore, it is important to research and understand the BIOS settings before making any changes to the RAM configuration.
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Manufacturer Part Number: A5764361
- Type: Memory (RAM)
- Sub-Type: PC3-10600
- Product Name: 16GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory Module
- Storage Capacity: 16GB
- Memory Technology: DDR3 SDRAM
- Number Of Modules: 1 X 16GB
- Memory Speed:1333mhz DDR3-1333/Pc3-10600
- Data Integrity Check: Ecc Chipkill
- Signal Processing: Registered
- Ram Features: Fully Buffered
- Dell - Poweredge C1100
- Dell - Poweredge C2100
- Dell - Poweredge C6100
- Dell - Poweredge C6105
- Dell - Poweredge C6220
- Dell - Poweredge C8220
- Dell - Poweredge C8220x
- Dell - Poweredge M420
- Dell - Poweredge M520
- Dell - Poweredge M610
- Dell - Poweredge M610x
- Dell - Poweredge M620
- Dell - Poweredge M710 / M710hd
- Dell - Poweredge M820
- Dell - Poweredge R320
- Dell - Poweredge R410
- Dell - Poweredge R415
- Dell - Poweredge R420
- Dell - Poweredge R510
- Dell - Poweredge R515
- Dell - Poweredge R520
- Dell - Poweredge R610
- Dell - Poweredge R620
- Dell - Poweredge R710
- Dell - Poweredge R715
- Dell - Poweredge R720
- Dell - Poweredge R720xd
- Dell - Poweredge R810 (Xeon E7)
- Dell - Poweredge R815
- Dell - Poweredge R820
- Dell - Poweredge R910 (Xeon E7)
- Dell - Poweredge R920
- Dell - Poweredge T320
- Dell - Poweredge T410
- Dell - Poweredge T420
- Dell - Poweredge T610
- Dell - Poweredge T620
- Dell - Poweredge T710
- Dell - Powervault Dl4000
- Dell - Powervault Nx3200
- Dell - Precision Workstation R5500
- Dell - Precision Workstation R7610
- Dell - Precision Workstation T3600
- Dell - Precision Workstation T5600
- Dell - Precision Workstation T7500
- Dell - Precision Workstation T7600
- Dell - Precision Workstation T7610
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product A5764361 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.