Introduction to 16GB RAM
RAM (Random Access Memory) is a type of computer memory that stores data temporarily, allowing the CPU (Central Processing Unit) to access it quickly. RAM is an essential component of a computer, as it plays a crucial role in the performance of the system. The more RAM a computer has, the more data it can process at once, which results in faster performance and smoother multitasking.
16GB RAM refers to the amount of memory that is available for the computer to use. It means that the computer has 16 gigabytes of RAM installed, which is a significant amount of memory for most computing needs. With 16GB of RAM, a computer can handle multiple applications and processes at the same time without slowing down or freezing.
The Dell 16GB 2400MHz PC4-19200 ECC CL17 DDR4 SDRAM 288-Pin RAM is a specific type of RAM designed for use with Dell computers. It operates at a clock speed of 2400MHz, which means it can transfer data at a rate of 2400 million cycles per second. The PC4-19200 designation indicates that this RAM module is designed for use in computers with a maximum memory speed of 19200 MB/s.
The ECC (Error Correcting Code) feature in this RAM module helps to detect and correct errors in the data stored in memory, which can prevent system crashes and data corruption. The CL17 (CAS Latency 17) rating refers to the delay between the CPU requesting data from the RAM and the RAM providing the data, with a lower latency indicating faster performance.
The A9755388 Dell 16GB 2400MHz PC4-19200 ECC CL17 DDR4 SDRAM 288-pin RAM module is a type of memory used in computers to store frequently accessed data and programs for faster access. Let's break down what each of these specifications means for the performance of this RAM module:
- 16GB: This refers to the amount of memory the RAM module has. In this case, it has 16 gigabytes of memory, which is a large amount and should be sufficient for most users.
- 2400MHz: This is the clock speed of the RAM module, or how many times per second the RAM can transfer data. The higher the clock speed, the faster the RAM can transfer data to and from the CPU. In this case, the RAM has a clock speed of 2400 megahertz, which is a decent speed.
- PC4-19200: This is a type of DDR4 SDRAM (Double Data Rate Fourth Generation Synchronous Dynamic Random-Access Memory) that runs at a maximum speed of 2400MHz. PC4-19200 is a naming convention that indicates the maximum theoretical bandwidth of the RAM in megabytes per second (MB/s). In this case, PC4-19200 has a theoretical bandwidth of 19.2 GB/s.
- ECC: This stands for Error-Correcting Code, which is a type of RAM that can detect and correct errors that occur during data transfer. This type of RAM is often used in servers and other mission-critical systems where data accuracy is paramount.
- CL17: This is the CAS (Column Access Strobe) Latency, which is the time delay between when the memory controller requests data and when the data is actually available. Lower latency means faster access to data, but also tends to be more expensive. In this case, the CL17 latency is relatively low, which is good for performance.
Increased System Stability
Upgrading to a higher-quality RAM module such as the Dell 16GB 2400mhz Pc4-19200 Ecc Cl17 DDR4 SDRAM 288-Pin Ram can potentially increase system stability in several ways:
- Increased memory capacity: A higher-capacity RAM module can allow the system to run more programs simultaneously, reducing the need to constantly swap data between the RAM and the hard drive. This can reduce system lag and improve overall performance.
- Higher memory speed: The 2400mhz speed of this RAM module can increase the speed at which data is transferred between the RAM and the CPU, reducing the time needed to access data and improving system responsiveness.
- Error-correcting code (ECC) technology: ECC memory can detect and correct errors in the RAM, reducing the risk of system crashes and data corruption.
- Improved compatibility: By using a RAM module from the same manufacturer as the rest of the system components, you can ensure better compatibility between the RAM and the motherboard. This can reduce the risk of compatibility issues that could cause system instability.
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Manufacturer Part Number: A9755388
- Type: Memory (RAM)
- Sub-Type: PC4-19200
- Product Name: 16GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory Module
- Storage Capacity: 16GB
- Memory Technology: DDR4 SDRAM
- Number Of Modules: 1 X 16GB
- Memory Speed: 2400mhz DDR4-2400/PC4-19200
- Data Integrity Check: ECC
- Features: Dual Rank, Unbuffered
- Cas Latency Timings: Cl17
- Poweredge R230
- Poweredge R330
- Poweredge T130
- Poweredge T30
- Poweredge T330
- Precision Workstation T3420
- Precision Workstation T3620
About New Bulk Pack Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product A9755388 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.